Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 01:17:32 am

Author Topic: Business Report: Explain the ethical influences on the marketing of a business.  (Read 5956 times)  Share 

fibha

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Hey,
I am writing a business report on "Explain the ethical influences on the marketing of a business". I am unsure on how to include case studies while relating it back to the topic. Since the hsc verb is "Explain", Do i just write about eg how Qantas or Coles uses sugging, truth, accuracy and good taste in advertisement etc. What recommendations can i make?

Essej

• Forum Regular
  • "Don't settle for good. Strive for great".
Hey,
I am writing a business report on "Explain the ethical influences on the marketing of a business". I am unsure on how to include case studies while relating it back to the topic. Since the hsc verb is "Explain", Do i just write about eg how Qantas or Coles uses sugging, truth, accuracy and good taste in advertisement etc. What recommendations can i make?

Hi Fibha!

I'll need you to clarify what section of the exam this is from before being able to give you a proper answer - is it a business report or an extended response? You do not require case studies in section III (report) however they are necessary in section IV (ext. response). If the question you pose is indeed the whole question you've been assigned, it is definitely an extended response and i'm more than happy to help you out with that.
Class of 2016
------------------------
English Advanced: 93
Legal Studies: 96
Economics: 93
Business Studies: 92
Studies of Religion (2 Unit): 93

2016 ATAR: 98.75

fibha

• Fresh Poster
It's an extended response but the marketing criteria states that we have to include case studies or hypothetical business situations.

Essej

• Forum Regular
  • "Don't settle for good. Strive for great".
It's an extended response but the marketing criteria states that we have to include case studies or hypothetical business situations.

Ok yep as I presumed it's an extended response - which you'll see in section IV of your trials and the HSC. You are definitely right in that the marking criteria for section IV always asks you to integrate case studies :) . I would firstly recommend learning a business back to front for each function (Qantas etc.) and using the business as evidence to support your argument/point. In order to integrate case studies into your response (it's really not that stressful as long as you understand the content, don't worry too much) you should structure your paragraph somewhat like this (just an example, but it is tried and true):

- Topic Sentence - Accuracy and Good Taste in Marketing impacts significantly upon the operation of a business.
- Define syllabus point - "                    " involves the moral obligation of the business to provide correct product information in order to avoid the risk of negative publicity associated with false advertisement. Further, good taste involves the ethical use of the marketing function, in avoidance of advertisement of products that may damage health e.g. alcohol.
- How does this impact on the business? - Businesses incorporate their ethical obligation to provide correct product information through packaging and nutritional contents, and ensure good taste through the advertisement of products that do not have detrimental health impacts
- Case Study (This is where it would generally go) - One such example is McDonalds - who now widely advertise the kJ of each of their products, and promote good taste through advertisement of their "Healthy Options" Menu.
- Link back to question - Thus it can be seen that accuracy and good taste in advertising have a transformative impact upon the marketing function of any business.

Also, I would stray away from hypothetical businesses unless you truly draw a blank on the day - the business report is where you address such situations :)

Hope this helps !  ;D ;D
Class of 2016
------------------------
English Advanced: 93
Legal Studies: 96
Economics: 93
Business Studies: 92
Studies of Religion (2 Unit): 93

2016 ATAR: 98.75

fibha

• Fresh Poster
This is great. Definitely clears out some of the confusion. Thankyou so much, appreciate it.