Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 21, 2024, 09:52:17 am

Author Topic: Piano players unite!  (Read 6511 times)  Share 

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
Re: Piano players unite!
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2017, 12:52:59 pm »
+3
Wow, so many talented musicians here!

I could maybe like, hit a triangle a few times? And I think I remember playing hot cross buns on the recorder in primary school. I really appreciate music but have absolutely no musical talent and have never played an instrument. :P

I kinda wish my parents got me into music, but admittedly it can be a big financial commitment and also, sport was always my thing and all of my time was dedicated to that when I was growing up :)
I may take up learning a musical instrument as a hobby in adulthood, though.

Wales

• MOTM: JUN 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +91
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2017, 01:41:53 pm »
+3
Wow, so many talented musicians here!

I could maybe like, hit a triangle a few times? And I think I remember playing hot cross buns on the recorder in primary school. I really appreciate music but have absolutely no musical talent and have never played an instrument. :P

I kinda wish my parents got me into music, but admittedly it can be a big financial commitment and also, sport was always my thing and all of my time was dedicated to that when I was growing up :)
I may take up learning a musical instrument as a hobby in adulthood, though.

Definitely. It's never too late to start something. I do tennis 7 hours a week currently and wish to take piano after HSC. You can definitely spare say 30 minutes a day and practice the piano :P That's a good starting point.
Heavy Things :(

non.existent.existentialist

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2017, 12:01:16 pm »
+5
I play violin! I've been playing around 7 years now and the only one in the family too. We were at a family friends party once and there happened to be a conductor/piano teacher there. I was around 10 at the time and we chatted for a bit and he told me that my fingers were really long and thin just right for the violin. Lessons were very expensive for us back at the time so he gave me free lessons for a year until I was ready to move on with an accredited violin teacher :') One of my favourite pieces to date is Czardas, I quite like gypsy music, makes me feel alive! These days I mainly play around on the loopstation with my electric violin, it feels so good when you have all the parts sorted out and in sync together for that orchestral sound. My favourite pieces for the loopstation would be Lux Aeterna, clocks, seven nation army etc.

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2017, 11:13:07 am »
+5
I've been picking up Mozart's 12 variations on "Ah, vous dirai-je Maman!" (twinkle twinkle little star/baa baa black sheep) which I haven't played in a few years, though the first variation is one of the snippets of music my fingers play without thinking every time I sit down at the piano haha.  (Who else has a bunch of those "fun" snippets they randomly play all the time without noticing?)

Pretty hopeless at it but it's a super fun piece to play!

Spoiler: I'm not the guy playing it in that vid. You might see me appear on the floor at around the 3min mark tho.
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2017, 12:49:10 pm »
+3
bit of my music journey coming right up

i started with the flute, got forced to play piano so stopped the flute and ended up liking piano. i'm currently not playing because of trials and i don't have as much motivation as before because of time restraints but since moving to piano for leisure i'm enjoying piano a lot more! my aim after the hsc is to learn the ukelele or guitar because those instruments have always intrigued me. :-)
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2017, 01:53:31 pm »
+1
bit of my music journey coming right up

i started with the flute, got forced to play piano so stopped the flute and ended up liking piano. i'm currently not playing because of trials and i don't have as much motivation as before because of time restraints but since moving to piano for leisure i'm enjoying piano a lot more! my aim after the hsc is to learn the ukelele or guitar because those instruments have always intrigued me. :-)
Uke ❤
Lmk if you want you want a sheet that goes through all the uke basics! :)
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2017, 06:41:06 pm »
+1
Uke ❤
Lmk if you want you want a sheet that goes through all the uke basics! :)
Hi,
I have a ukulele that was meant to come with a DVD to help me learn it, but it wasn't even in the box! Where can I get a sheet?

2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2017, 08:33:55 pm »
+1
Hi,
I have a ukulele that was meant to come with a DVD to help me learn it, but it wasn't even in the box! Where can I get a sheet?

I have a sheet that was given to me when I did a uke workshop recently; I can scan it in if you want me too! :)

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2017, 04:50:01 pm »
I have a sheet that was given to me when I did a uke workshop recently; I can scan it in if you want me too! :)
Hi! If it's no trouble. Thank you very much! :D
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2017, 05:01:22 pm »
+1
Hi! If it's no trouble. Thank you very much! :D
PM sent! :)

Meanwhile I heard someone play some final fantasy theme on the piano at uni; it was very impressive and I was a tad envious haha

Claudiaa

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2017, 11:02:32 pm »
+2
I started playing piano when I was 3 years old (my grandmother is a piano teacher)! And I started doing AMEB exams :)

I'm loving Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Rondo alla Turca! It's such a fun and enjoyable piece to play
HSC 2018: English Advanced | Math Ext 1 | Studies of Religion I | Economics | Legal | Modern History