Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 30, 2024, 03:43:32 am

Author Topic: Year 12 Psychology or Year 12 I.T. Software Development?  (Read 783 times)

AJRogers25

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Year 12 Psychology or Year 12 I.T. Software Development?
« on: August 11, 2018, 01:15:13 pm »
So i'm currently in Year 11 and I have to pick my subjects for Year 12 next year.
I already have chosen 4 out of the 5 subjects required (English, Further Maths, Media and I.T. Informatics)
However I don't know if I should do Year 12 Psychology or Year 12 I.T. Software Development, I like both subjects, but I don't know which one to choose, i'm not the best at coding for software, but I do like learning it, but I also like the teachers who do Year 12 Psychology compared to the teachers who do I.T., I did Psychology in Year 10 and I enjoyed it. And since i'm already doing one other IT subject (Informatics) maybe I should do Psych? I'm just not sure which one to choose, is one harder than the other? If so share your own experience with either of the subjects and pick which one you think you would choose to do, I just really don't know which one to choose.

Thanks for your help  :)

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
Re: Year 12 Psychology or Year 12 I.T. Software Development?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 01:37:49 pm »
but I also like the teachers who do Year 12 Psychology compared to the teachers who do I.T.
PLEASE: Do not choose the subject based on this. Every year the teachers can change due to timetabling - don't rely on this, ever. You should be doing something you enjoy, not because a certain teacher is running it.

I guess the standard question is this: do you have any idea what you plan on doing after school?

This may help you decide. Software development imo is the better of the two Computing subjects, Informatics is quite dry. If you have any intention on going into IT/Digital Media or related area.. i'd go with SD over Psych.

Keeping in mind also that subjects differ from Year 10 to Year 12 :) VCE is very structured, fixed within the study design etc. :)

Good luck
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

LordPineapple

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +1
Re: Year 12 Psychology or Year 12 I.T. Software Development?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 12:29:20 pm »
@AJRogers25,

imo, you should definitely do the subject that you are better at, i.e, the subject that plays to your strengths.

Cheers, Pineapple
2019: Methods, General, Physics, Chemistry, Literature, Psychology