Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 16, 2024, 09:07:37 am

Author Topic: General Footy Tipping and Discussion Thread  (Read 266500 times)

~V

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +14
  • School Grad Year: 2014
Re: ATAR Notes Footy Tipping and Discussion
« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2015, 07:50:53 pm »
Pretty sure it'll be hosted at the MCG regardless. Domain Stadium doesn't have the capacity to host all the AFL sponsors, grand final ticket holders etc.

Go the roos!
Oh true, yeah, that makes sense. Interesting final series but would've liked to see more Victorian teams in it.
November 6th 2014 5.15pm
Class of 2014! :D

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2015, 07:55:06 pm »
Oh true, yeah, that makes sense. Interesting final series but would've liked to see more Victorian teams in it.

As long as Hawthorn aren't in the GF, i'll be happy (although this is really unlikely). It's time for another team to win. I would like to see North Melb get to the GF, but I don't think that'll happen. If we beat Sydney next week (which looks likely given the amount of injuries they have), then we face West Coast. There is a chance we can win that too, considering we have beaten them in the past (giving them one of their five losses for the H&A season), however finals does weird things to teams.

I think Freo will choke in the prelim and get eliminated there. Hawthorn v West Coast is my prediction for the GF (as much as it hurts me to say, given that means my team will get eliminated). Why do I think they'll choke? Because of their performance against Sydney on Saturday. It's not up to a premiership standard. Then again, neither are Hawks.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 07:56:39 pm by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

~V

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +14
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2015, 08:04:00 pm »
As long as Hawthorn aren't in the GF, i'll be happy (although this is really unlikely). It's time for another team to win. I would like to see North Melb get to the GF, but I don't think that'll happen. If we beat Sydney next week (which looks likely given the amount of injuries they have), then we face West Coast. There is a chance we can win that too, considering we have beaten them in the past (giving them one of their five losses for the H&A season), however finals does weird things to teams.

I think Freo will choke in the prelim and get eliminated there. Hawthorn v West Coast is my prediction for the GF (as much as it hurts me to say, given that means my team will get eliminated). Why do I think they'll choke? Because of their performance against Sydney on Saturday. It's not up to a premiership standard. Then again, neither are Hawks.
I think Gunston could be a big loss for the Hawks. Will be an interesting prelim if it's freo vs hawks and i believe freo will choke as well and then Hawthorn will believe they can win another but god i hope they won't.
November 6th 2014 5.15pm
Class of 2014! :D

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2015, 11:42:30 pm »
Tips this week:

Hawthorn v Crows
Swans v North Melb

Rod

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory
  • Respect: +101
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2015, 05:21:02 pm »
Tips this week:

Hawthorn v Crows
Swans v North Melb
Crows to win (yes fairytale to continue)

Also think North will win
2013-2014:| VCE
2015-2018:| Bachelor of Science (Neuroscience) @ UoM
2019-X:| Doctor of Dental Surgery (discontinued)
2019 -2021:| Master of Physiotherapy

Currently: Physiotherapist working at a musculoskeletal clinic. Back pain, sore neck, headaches or any other pain limiting your study? Give me a PM (although please do see your personal health professional first!)

Any questions related to pathways towards studying dentistry or physiotherapy? Gimmi a PM!

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2015, 05:54:52 pm »
Crows to win (yes fairytale to continue)

Also think North will win

That'll be nice if the Crows win, it means the Hawks are out (silently hoping and cheering). Now that'll be a funny one to watch. I really hope North win on Sat night. Give the swans a bit of payback for last year's prelim.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 05:59:43 pm by Aaron »

Rod

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2015, 06:23:52 pm »
That'll be nice if the Crows win, it means the Hawks are out (silently hoping and cheering). Now that'll be a funny one to watch. I really hope North win on Sat night. Give the swans a bit of payback for last year's prelim.
They have made footy shit for the last couple of years because of all those premierships. Definitely the most arrogant, rough, cocky team at the moment. I pretty much hate all of their players esp Hodge/Mitchell/Lewis  so it would be so amazing if they do lose. I reckon if they do lose they will never be as good as 2012-2014 and we will see and end to Hawthorn.

Also hoping North beat Sydney. Wonder if Franklin will play ... 8 years? 1 million a year?? ... can he even serve them for half of that contract??? #sydneyfail

Currently: Physiotherapist working at a musculoskeletal clinic. Back pain, sore neck, headaches or any other pain limiting your study? Give me a PM (although please do see your personal health professional first!)

Any questions related to pathways towards studying dentistry or physiotherapy? Gimmi a PM!

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2015, 06:27:56 pm »
They have made footy shit for the last couple of years because of all those premierships. Definitely the most arrogant, rough, cocky team at the moment. I pretty much hate all of their players esp Hodge/Mitchell/Lewis  so it would be so amazing if they do lose. I reckon if they do lose they will never be as good as 2012-2014 and we will see and end to Hawthorn.

Also hoping North beat Sydney. Wonder if Franklin will play ... 8 years? 1 million a year?? ... can he even serve them for half of that contract??? #sydneyfail

He won't, been ruled out already for the rest of the season. Gives NM a very good advantage especially with a few others missing too. Either what his condition is, is very serious, or there's something else going on that they don't want the football community to know about.

I think we genuinely have a good chance at winning against the Swans. If we win this week, then we go to WA for West Coast. There is a good chance we'll win that as well since we're only 1 of 5 teams to beat West Coast (and their team at the moment is pretty similar to what they had when we beat them).
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 06:29:59 pm by Aaron »

Rod

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2015, 07:27:18 pm »
He won't, been ruled out already for the rest of the season. Gives NM a very good advantage especially with a few others missing too. Either what his condition is, is very serious, or there's something else going on that they don't want the football community to know about.

I think we genuinely have a good chance at winning against the Swans. If we win this week, then we go to WA for West Coast. There is a good chance we'll win that as well since we're only 1 of 5 teams to beat West Coast (and their team at the moment is pretty similar to what they had when we beat them).
Just an opinion but I really think he is on drugs ... If you were AFL, would you want the public to know that a player that has been bringing in thousands and thousands to the game, and has been earning the AFL millions has been taking drugs for the past couple of years??? Everything said so far, the seizures, mental illnesses just dont sound true. Why would you play buddy after he has a seizure?

Hope for your sake North Melbourne win! They were my favourite melbourne team going into the finals!

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2015, 07:44:38 pm »
Just an opinion but I really think he is on drugs ... If you were AFL, would you want the public to know that a player that has been bringing in thousands and thousands to the game, and has been earning the AFL millions has been taking drugs for the past couple of years??? Everything said so far, the seizures, mental illnesses just dont sound true. Why would you play buddy after he has a seizure?

Hope for your sake North Melbourne win! They were my favourite melbourne team going into the finals!

He was immediately ruled out for the semi-finals right after the qualifying final against Fremantle. Now, if it was a mental illness like everyone is saying it is, why would you immediately rule it out. Surely a $10m man should be given a chance to see if he's available say, later in the week before selection. I just think that alone raises suspicion, that there was no opportunity for any improvement before hand.

Like I said in my previous post, either the condition is extremely serious or something is being hidden from the community about him.

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2015, 04:24:08 pm »
Changed my tip from Hawthorn to Crows tonight. I just have a feeling with Jack Gunston out + Adelaide's determination to do their former coach proud, I reckon they will prevail. It's a long shot, but hopefully they win.

Rod

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2015, 04:41:30 pm »
Changed my tip from Hawthorn to Crows tonight. I just have a feeling with Jack Gunston out + Adelaide's determination to do their former coach proud, I reckon they will prevail. It's a long shot, but hopefully they win.
Same here, I can't wait to watch it, feeling as if its going to be one of the best games of the season. Go crows!

They will play every single game they have left as a grand final. Making their coach proud, and also because you would think that it will be Patty's last game once they lose.

Rod

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2015, 05:36:56 pm »
Tips for next week? :P

Freo v West coast derby i reckon in the grand final :P. Hope North go all the way though but my tip is for west coast/freo

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2015, 06:24:20 pm »
Tips for next week? :P

Freo v West coast derby i reckon in the grand final :P. Hope North go all the way though but my tip is for west coast/freo

Adelaide play good the week before, but then play terribly on the weekend. Do not comprehend. I am so happy North won though - I don't think many people give them credit. Even though Sydney had a few key players missing, majority of them were still there (it wasn't like what we did in Round 23 when we rested 9 players).

My tips: Hawthorn/North.

North Melb are one of only five teams this year to beat West Coast. Whatever the result on Saturday night, they've done well to end up in 2 prelims in a row + make it from 8th.

Rod

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2015, 01:53:05 pm »
Most boring football match. Why do we get public holidays for that crap? -.-