Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 15, 2024, 11:16:12 pm

Author Topic: General Footy Tipping and Discussion Thread  (Read 266467 times)

Rod

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory
  • Respect: +101
Re: ATAR Notes Footy Tipping and Discussion
« Reply #255 on: June 18, 2016, 11:06:10 am »
I don't think the last play was a free kick, was it MacDonald? Wait he got injured. But whoever he was he realised he stuffed up and then tried to milk a free kick.

That game should have been won by NM by at least 20 points. I can't believe they lost that. Terrible kicking and the first four-five Hawthorn goals were practically given to them by stupid North-Melbourne free kicks (Ziebell, Thomas, Harvey etc).

Majak Daw should never play a game of footy again unless Brad Scott puts him in defence or ruck. He is not a forward.

Mason Wood is going to be a freak.

And I am so disappointed they lost that, should have smashed the scum they dominated yet still lost. What was worse was that dick Lewis kicked the winning goal -.-.

The bright side to this game is that it shows Hawthorn are no where near the quality they were back in the day. They won't win the premiership this year which is very pleasing. It will either be NM if they can fix up their kicking issues, Geelong or Sydney mark my words.
2013-2014:| VCE
2015-2018:| Bachelor of Science (Neuroscience) @ UoM
2019-X:| Doctor of Dental Surgery (discontinued)
2019 -2021:| Master of Physiotherapy

Currently: Physiotherapist working at a musculoskeletal clinic. Back pain, sore neck, headaches or any other pain limiting your study? Give me a PM (although please do see your personal health professional first!)

Any questions related to pathways towards studying dentistry or physiotherapy? Gimmi a PM!

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #256 on: June 18, 2016, 02:19:11 pm »
I don't think the last play was a free kick, was it MacDonald? Wait he got injured. But whoever he was he realised he stuffed up and then tried to milk a free kick.

That game should have been won by NM by at least 20 points. I can't believe they lost that. Terrible kicking and the first four-five Hawthorn goals were practically given to them by stupid North-Melbourne free kicks (Ziebell, Thomas, Harvey etc).

Majak Daw should never play a game of footy again unless Brad Scott puts him in defence or ruck. He is not a forward.

Mason Wood is going to be a freak.

And I am so disappointed they lost that, should have smashed the scum they dominated yet still lost. What was worse was that dick Lewis kicked the winning goal -.-.

The bright side to this game is that it shows Hawthorn are no where near the quality they were back in the day. They won't win the premiership this year which is very pleasing. It will either be NM if they can fix up their kicking issues, Geelong or Sydney mark my words.

Disagree that it was 'milking', but each to their own I guess. Agree regarding NM winning by 20 - poor shots at goal was the reason we lost. I mean 18 behinds in a game clearly indicates that something went wrong and needs to be improved on. Just imagine if they were converted into goals - what the result would look like?

Looks like the umpire situation is getting a bit heated now - personally I wouldn't have apologised because it a) makes the club look weak, and b) the umpiring department in general needs to be examined further. It's disappointing that clubs cannot critique or comment on the governing body or it's departments -  that to me is completely wrong.
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #257 on: June 18, 2016, 07:50:16 pm »
Ahhh and there goes my PICK 5 competition. Bloody FREMANTLE!!!!

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #258 on: June 23, 2016, 12:54:21 am »
A week of controversy... glad it's over (mostly)! Match of the week?

Rod

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #259 on: June 23, 2016, 07:52:28 am »
A week of controversy... glad it's over (mostly)! Match of the week?
Easily tonight's match.

Currently: Physiotherapist working at a musculoskeletal clinic. Back pain, sore neck, headaches or any other pain limiting your study? Give me a PM (although please do see your personal health professional first!)

Any questions related to pathways towards studying dentistry or physiotherapy? Gimmi a PM!

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #260 on: June 23, 2016, 11:23:50 pm »
fml

Rod

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #261 on: June 23, 2016, 11:24:31 pm »
Easily tonight's match.
Or not :(. Tomorrow's should be good

fml
Aww man commiserations did not expect North Melbourne to slump like this. They for the past 4-5 years have been a ''very good team'', I thought this would be the year where they become a Hawthorn or Geelong, dominating games etc and a grand final guarantee kind of team, but it seems that every single year they are one step below.

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #262 on: June 23, 2016, 11:29:28 pm »
Aww man commiserations did not expect North Melbourne to slump like this. They for the past 4-5 years have been a ''very good team'', I thought this would be the year where they become a Hawthorn or Geelong, dominating games etc and a grand final guarantee kind of team, but it seems that every single year they are one step below.

I'm annoyed at the fact it's their own damn fault. No-one to blame this time, just pure shitty gameplay. We stayed in the majority of the game but it seemed like we just gave up in the last quarter.... Crows had far too many shots at goal.. What makes it worse is the performance we had against the Hawks last week, and then to do this is just pathetic.

ALTHOUGH - We have had two 6-day breaks in a row and we still have a fair few injuries. However, depth is what is required in a good team. So really no excuse. If the last 2 years has meant anything, it's that we'll fight back and surprise everyone yet again.

Rod

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #263 on: June 23, 2016, 11:33:17 pm »
I'm annoyed at the fact it's their own damn fault. No-one to blame this time, just pure shitty gameplay. We stayed in the majority of the game but it seemed like we just gave up in the last quarter.... Crows had far too many shots at goal.. What makes it worse is the performance we had against the Hawks last week, and then to do this is just pathetic.

ALTHOUGH - We have had two 6-day breaks in a row and we still have a fair few injuries. However, depth is what is required in a good team. So really no excuse. If the last 2 years has meant anything, it's that we'll fight back and surprise everyone yet again.
Yeahhh man that's the spirit!! I remember our 2010 premiership it wasn't until right at the END of the season where people finally started saying that we were genuine premiership contenders. At the start nobody even tipped us and throughout the middle there was a lot of ''buts'' and ''ifs'', it wasn't until the end.

I still think though to be a premiership team NM still need some better players. They still need a dominant key forward that can win them games, a dominant midfielder as well. They play a team game and win games because it's a team effort, they don't have any match winners (Lance Franklin, Ablett back in his time, Pendles, Swan back in his time, Fyfe) who can single handedly turn the game around in one quarter of footy.

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
« Reply #264 on: July 17, 2016, 07:29:01 pm »
*Finally* temporarily ahead of Rod hahaha

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #265 on: July 17, 2016, 09:37:00 pm »
I love threads like this!! People get so (ahem) 'opinionated' and it really gets heated haha. Highly entertaining..

Rod

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #266 on: July 17, 2016, 10:38:34 pm »
*Finally* temporarily ahead of Rod hahaha
Congrats!!! You smashed everyone that round!

Wish I hadn't tipped collingwood :(.

Next round is a tough one so I hope I can regain that place xD

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #267 on: July 22, 2016, 02:45:41 pm »
A record is about to be matched tonight, with it being broken next week. Brent Harvey (Boomer), what an absolute legend! He's been the absolute saviour of our club for ages. Woohoo!

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #268 on: July 22, 2016, 02:46:29 pm »
A record is about to be matched tonight, with it being broken next week. Brent Harvey (Boomer), what an absolute legend! He's been the absolute saviour of our club for ages. Woohoo!
Going to the game, I'm keen af.
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #269 on: July 22, 2016, 02:49:13 pm »
Going to the game, I'm keen af.

Which one? Tonight or next week? If we lose any of the next two matches we're in strife.

Edit: If I had enough money, i'd get the limited edition framed jumper, looks so cool.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 02:54:29 pm by Aaron »