Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 09, 2024, 01:39:05 am

Author Topic: Guide to Using the Ti-nspire for METHODS - The simple and the overcomplicated  (Read 56478 times)  Share 

b^3

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Overloading, just don't do it.
  • Respect: +631
  • School: Western Suburbs Area
  • School Grad Year: 2011
   The graph of y=x^2 for x∈(-2,1] would become:
   f(x)=x^2 |2<x≤1 under the graphs bar.

This is amazing! You're a legend!
Just one thing I noticed in defining domains,
Enter into the graphs bar
Shouldn't this be f2(x)=x^2 |2<x≤1? Sorry to be fussy over tiny details.
Couldn't see anything else and this is great :)

Wouldn't it be?
f(x)=x^2 |-2<x≤1 under the graphs bar.
Yeh I realised that in the edit. That's fixed now. Normally everything comes in threes so there is bound to be something else in there. Probably towards the end since I was getting tired.
2012-2016: Aerospace Engineering/Science (Double Major in Applied Mathematics - Monash Uni)
TI-NSPIRE GUIDES: METH, SPESH

Co-Authored AtarNotes' Maths Study Guides

I'm starting to get too old for this... May be on here or irc from time to time.

paulsterio

• ATAR Notes Legend
  • I <3 2SHAN
  • Respect: +430
Good work b^3, you've now inspired (excuse the pun) me to put together one for the classpad (:

Shall do it tonight!

onur369

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +9
I uploaded a book on the Classpad back last year when I used it. The guide to the Casio Classpad

Using TI this year, thanks b^3.
2011:
Aims-
English 35, Further 45+, Methods 35, Physics 32, Turkish 33, Legal 28.

onur369

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
Ignore above post, Ill upload here. That was before the change now you cannot see the attachment.
I added the attachment below.
2011:
Aims-

tha boss

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
  • School: ksc
would it work if my cas is 1 update behind/?

b^3

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
Most of it should, but there may be some features missing. But most of the guide uses features that have been in the calculator since the first version. Without the newest update you can't do things like 3-D graphs which are not needed for methods.
2012-2016: Aerospace Engineering/Science (Double Major in Applied Mathematics - Monash Uni)

I'm starting to get too old for this... May be on here or irc from time to time.

tha boss

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
  • School: ksc
 ;)

Camo

• Sir President Father Professor Sergeant Admiral Grandmaster Camo OAM
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • I love you like the little taco's.
  • Respect: +62
Also noticed that completing the square needs the update in order to work (I have version 2.0.1.63 I think, and it was not present.)
‎"We divert our attention from disease and death as much as we can; and the slaughter-houses and indecencies without end on which our life is founded are huddled out of sight and never mentioned, so that the world we recognize officially in literature and in society is a poetic fiction far handsomer and cleaner and better than the world that really is."
- William James.

b^3

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
Also noticed that completing the square needs the update in order to work (I have version 2.0.1.63 I think, and it was not present.)
The update link is at the top of the original post if you want to update, it's a good idea as there are a few new things and isn't as buggy as some of the older versions. I only updated yesterday and I'm used to it by know. There might be other things on there I haven't found yet.

onur369

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
I have 50% battery and the software says that it cannot update my CAS because I have low battery =.=
2011:
Aims-

b^3

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
I have 50% battery and the software says that it cannot update my CAS because I have low battery =.=
Yeh I went to update mine yesterday, it went right to the end of the bar (like 99%) and then it flashes up and says "Sorry your battey level is too long, the update was canceled e.t.c

duquesne9995

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +16
Thanks b^3 really great notes.

Most of it should, but there may be some features missing. But most of the guide uses features that have been in the calculator since the first version. Without the newest update you can't do things like 3-D graphs which are not needed for methods.

Without the latest update 3.0 you can't do completing the square and exact values in graphs and geometry.

@b^3 apparently you can get exact values on the x and y axis too, like in circular functions, getting pis on the axis and labelling points, but i'm not sure how to work it

also some other shortcuts:
ctrl + i
there's this i under the inequality signs
and that gets you the symbol of infinity

ctrl + '
is degrees symbol

ctrl + -
is derivative

ctrl + +
is integral sign

b^3

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
Thanks b^3 really great notes.

Without the latest update 3.0 you can't do completing the square and exact values in graphs and geometry.

@b^3 apparently you can get exact values on the x and y axis too, like in circular functions, getting pis on the axis and labelling points, but i'm not sure how to work it

also some other shortcuts:
ctrl + i
there's this i under the inequality signs
and that gets you the symbol of infinity

ctrl + '
is degrees symbol

ctrl + -
is derivative

ctrl + +
is integral sign
Yeh I just tried it and you can get kinda get exact values on trig graphs, you can enter say pi/3 and get 1/2 out but you can't enter 1/2 and get pi/3. Something I didn't know though is you can enter the y-value using the exact value method and get the x-values. And with the shortcuts, I know of some of them, but didn't think to put them in. I'll include them when I update this (soon, probably tonight) and i'll give you the credit for the shortcuts. They don't seem to work anymore, I'll have a look around for then new ones.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 01:45:18 pm by b^3 »

jane1234

ctrl + -
is derivative

ctrl + +
is integral sign

It's actually CAPS and - for derivative and CAPS and + for the integral, not ctrl.

b^3

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
ctrl + -
is derivative

ctrl + +
is integral sign

It's actually CAPS and - for derivative and CAPS and + for the integral, not ctrl.
Thanks Jane, I'm doing version 1.5 now.