Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 07:23:43 pm

Author Topic: Am I Disadvantaged Due To Low SAC Scores  (Read 1305 times)  Share 

Captn Cook

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Am I Disadvantaged Due To Low SAC Scores
« on: April 03, 2018, 12:13:35 pm »
Hey Guys,
I recently completed the personal writing SAC however I got a really low SAC score and got 15/20. The highest score in our class was 17/20 and the average was 12/20. I have some friends from other schools and they are all 18/20, I am pretty sure our level is about the same but they are getting much higher SAC scores than people at our school. I know scaling comes into play, but with such low SAC scores will this have adverse effects on our final study score? I also want a 40+, what SAC scores do you need to achieve this?

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Am I Disadvantaged Due To Low SAC Scores
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 12:17:23 pm »
+3
Hey Guys,
I recently completed the personal writing SAC however I got a really low SAC score and got 15/20. The highest score in our class was 17/20 and the average was 12/20. I have some friends from other schools and they are all 18/20, I am pretty sure our level is about the same but they are getting much higher SAC scores than people at our school. I know scaling comes into play, but with such low SAC scores will this have adverse effects on our final study score? I also want a 40+, what SAC scores do you need to achieve this?
nah you won't be  impacted by other schools giving out higher scores

Different cohorts sac scores are not comparable so you should just be focussed on ranking highly in your own cohort. The perforamce of your cohort (and the other cohort) on the exam will balance out everything mathematically and give you sac scores that are comparable to other cohorts.