Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 06:35:42 pm

Author Topic: Current SAC scores  (Read 3828 times)  Share 

cdiamond

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +20
Current SAC scores
« on: May 30, 2018, 01:22:38 pm »
+1
My current SAC scores for Chinese Second Language [I'm doing badly i'm actually sobbing]:
Unit 3
SAC 1 [Personal Writing]: 11.5/20 (58%) - was really upset about this score
highest was 18/20; average = 68%; median = 67.5%
SAC 2 [Listening]: 91% - people generally do well in this
highest, median and average was not shown
SAC 3 [Roleplay]: just did it, unknown but probably screwed it up, will update once I get the mark... speaking is my worst, voice broke a few times, kept repeating things, I apologised for my terrible Chinese and my teacher just laughed but didn't refute it so yeah... probably failed (it's out of 20)

My goal is to get a study score of 30 but I doubt that would be possible with these scores and the fact that my Chinese is really bad
2017: Further Mathematics
2018: Chinese Second Language | Economics | English Language | Chemistry | Methods
2019: Bachelor of Arts at UniMelb
My VCE Journal [click me!]

hums_student

• MOTM: SEP 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +520
Re: Current SAC scores
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 09:12:57 pm »
+4
My current SAC scores for Chinese Second Language [I'm doing badly i'm actually sobbing]:
Unit 3
SAC 1 [Personal Writing]: 11.5/20 (58%) - was really upset about this score
highest was 18/20; average = 68%; median = 67.5%
SAC 2 [Listening]: 91% - people generally do well in this
highest, median and average was not shown
SAC 3 [Roleplay]: just did it, unknown but probably screwed it up, will update once I get the mark... speaking is my worst, voice broke a few times, kept repeating things, I apologised for my terrible Chinese and my teacher just laughed but didn't refute it so yeah... probably failed (it's out of 20)

My goal is to get a study score of 30 but I doubt that would be possible with these scores and the fact that my Chinese is really bad

I'm assuming that you mean a raw study score of 30? Yes, its entirely achievable. Your first SAC wasn't ideal, but it's just one SAC and (as cliched as this sounds) it's your exam that really makes a difference in the end. Also, you've still got your unit 4 sacs that can significantly improve your rankings. Not to mention if you're in a strong cohort then even an average ranking can result in a 35+.

For some bonus reassurance, I actually FAILED both writing SACs (<40%) when I did Chinese and still ended up with a 35. My sister did just as terrible as me on SACs but cos she did well on the final exam she actually got a 39. Also my highest SAC mark EVER was less than 80%. So you're already in a way better position than I was last year ;D

Moral of story: your exam is what matters.

Good luck :)
2019-21: Bachelor of Arts (Politics & Int'l Relations / Economics)

cdiamond

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 03:47:29 pm »
I'm assuming that you mean a raw study score of 30? Yes, its entirely achievable. Your first SAC wasn't ideal, but it's just one SAC and (as cliched as this sounds) it's your exam that really makes a difference in the end. Also, you've still got your unit 4 sacs that can significantly improve your rankings. Not to mention if you're in a strong cohort then even an average ranking can result in a 35+.

For some bonus reassurance, I actually FAILED both writing SACs (<40%) when I did Chinese and still ended up with a 35. My sister did just as terrible as me on SACs but cos she did well on the final exam she actually got a 39. Also my highest SAC mark EVER was less than 80%. So you're already in a way better position than I was last year ;D

Moral of story: your exam is what matters.

Good luck :)
Thank you so much in replying! I'm assuming your cohort last year was relatively strong? You've given me a little hope and I'm going to study even harder. Can I ask a question? Is your speaking good? Because my speaking is my worst and speaking is a huge part of this subject... in previous years as well, my writing was always good but somehow, my writing SAC this year when it mattered the most ended up badly, it could be the change of teacher I guess...
2017: Further Mathematics
2018: Chinese Second Language | Economics | English Language | Chemistry | Methods
2019: Bachelor of Arts at UniMelb
My VCE Journal [click me!]

hums_student

• MOTM: SEP 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +520
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 06:28:32 pm »
Is your speaking good? Because my speaking is my worst and speaking is a huge part of this subject... in previous years as well, my writing was always good but somehow, my writing SAC this year when it mattered the most ended up badly, it could be the change of teacher I guess...

I wouldn't call my speaking good since since I have a pretty strong English accent when I speak ahaha, but it's definitely better in comparison to reading and writing. But I think speaking (and listening) is quite easy to work on compared to reading and writing. Just try to always speak mandarin at home or if you're in an English speaking household, find someone that speaks Chinese and just interrogate them ;D

Have you started working on general conversation and detail study? It's a good idea to start practising WAY before your oral exam, especially if you think oral is your worst area. I know some teachers say the oral exam isn't as important since it only makes up 25% of your final exam but speaking from personal experience doing well would definitely make a difference.
2019-21: Bachelor of Arts (Politics & Int'l Relations / Economics)