Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 01, 2024, 09:57:14 am

Author Topic: Paper 1 Creative  (Read 1065 times)

sidzeman

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
Paper 1 Creative
« on: July 27, 2017, 06:55:50 pm »
Hey so I have paper 1 for English coming up next week (Trials) and I was really struggling with my creative preparation
I've had great success prewriting paragraphs and moulding it to essay questions, but I feel like the creative stimuli are just too specific for me to prepare in this way for them - but I know I won't be able to come up with something on the spot
If you could give me some advice or tell me how you did your paper 1 that'd be much appreciated thanks!

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Paper 1 Creative
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 09:56:54 pm »
Hey so I have paper 1 for English coming up next week (Trials) and I was really struggling with my creative preparation
I've had great success prewriting paragraphs and moulding it to essay questions, but I feel like the creative stimuli are just too specific for me to prepare in this way for them - but I know I won't be able to come up with something on the spot
If you could give me some advice or tell me how you did your paper 1 that'd be much appreciated thanks!

This guide could be worth a read for you! It's a huge guide to Section 2 of Paper 1 ;D

cakelover

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 03:19:36 pm »
Hi,
I just have a quick question regarding Section II in Paper I. I am doing my trials next week and I just wanted to ask whether it's possible that the exam will ask me to write something different instead of a short story? Could they ask me to write a letter, speech, etc?
Thanks!

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 04:01:38 pm »
+1
Hi,
I just have a quick question regarding Section II in Paper I. I am doing my trials next week and I just wanted to ask whether it's possible that the exam will ask me to write something different instead of a short story? Could they ask me to write a letter, speech, etc?
Thanks!

the exam usually doesn't specify what form you have to write in. :-)
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW