Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 06:36:09 pm

Author Topic: Year 12 Unscored?  (Read 1549 times)

E_Laird84

• Fresh Poster
Year 12 Unscored?
« on: September 01, 2021, 09:32:40 am »
I've been considering doing year 12 unscored meaning, I still complete year 12 and get a certificate of satisfactory, I just don't do the exams. This year has been tough already, I've struggled quite a bit and I think being in lockdown has just made me lose motivation to do well. I wasn't sure about it at the start of the year but now I think I might do it. The courses I'm looking at don't require an atar or study score, insted a selection task or interview. I might even put uni off and start the second half of the year, I'm not sure. I mentioned my idea to a friend, and she wondered can you do unscored at this point in the year already, but my counsellor said a past student decided to do unscored 2 weeks before the exams started once.

I'm wondering if anyone can confirm this, and if anyone has any suggestions about brining it up in conversations with a careers counsellor or parents. Thanks

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
Re: Year 12 Unscored?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2021, 09:55:14 am »
I've been considering doing year 12 unscored meaning, I still complete year 12 and get a certificate of satisfactory, I just don't do the exams. This year has been tough already, I've struggled quite a bit and I think being in lockdown has just made me lose motivation to do well. I wasn't sure about it at the start of the year but now I think I might do it. The courses I'm looking at don't require an atar or study score, insted a selection task or interview. I might even put uni off and start the second half of the year, I'm not sure. I mentioned my idea to a friend, and she wondered can you do unscored at this point in the year already, but my counsellor said a past student decided to do unscored 2 weeks before the exams started once.

I'm wondering if anyone can confirm this, and if anyone has any suggestions about brining it up in conversations with a careers counsellor or parents. Thanks
I believe you can do unscored at any time and I am so sorry you had to go through this. I am sure most year 12's are quite unmotivated right now, but fear not year 12 is over soon. Most year 12's would finish in early November, my advice for you now is to just do your best for finish the year off on a high note. I am always open for a chat if you need anything, I too am in year 12 this year.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 12:17:40 pm by Stormbreaker-X »

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
Re: Year 12 Unscored?
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 11:12:28 am »
Hey E_Laird84, if you are considering completing VCE unscored I recommend speaking to your careers counsellor or year level coordinator soon as it's usually something that they will need to discuss with you and see if there are any other options or pathways.
I know that at my school students cannot choose to do unscored but instead are offered the opportunity if the school finds it a better solution for their studies– it could be completely different at your school though so make sure you communicate with your teachers to discuss the possibility.
Best of luck!