Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 22, 2024, 02:05:57 am

Author Topic: Biological Sciences, 52 ATAR.  (Read 4496 times)  Share 

kkkkasd

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: -1
Biological Sciences, 52 ATAR.
« on: December 23, 2011, 02:31:32 am »
+1
Question for people that go to La Trobe, are there lots of retarded people in this course? Like are there always groups of strange looking people outside the Biological Sciences department?

I can only try and imagine what sort of people get 52~ ATARs excluding maybe 10%? that underperformed. I mean even the "dumb" kids at my high school got like 60-70~ ATARs so 50~ is like ursa with blink dagger.

I'm scared because I might be going to this course next year due to my f0kky enter score and my f0kky English and Methods score which prohibits me from transferring to any decent Universities, so my only hope is to do well in this course and try and get into the Biological Sciences(Advanced Science) course.

Also, if there is anybody that does this course here, do you think I'll find it hard because I didn't do any VCE Biology, but I did do Chemistry.

How is the teaching at this course? Hopefully the teaching quality is at least average, I'd be happy with that.

removed the stuff on obama incase i got gang stomped.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 03:00:40 am by kkkkasd »

nubs

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +97
Re: Biological Sciences, 52 ATAR.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 02:37:53 am »
Firstly, La Trobe isn't bad at all. I know a kid who finished is undergraduate there and is now transferring to the MD course at Melbourne for next year...

The quality of teaching will of a proper standard - you will be taught by highly qualified professors with Ph.D's... they don't give those out to just anyone

For the rest of the stuff, I'm just gonna assume that you were trolling
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 04:42:31 pm by Nirbaan »
ATAR: 99.15

BSc @ UoM
2012-2014

ex oh ex oh

kkkkasd

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 02:59:15 am »
+9
ok, um, there is so much wrong with what you just posted - I just can't even..

Firstly, La Trobe isn't bad at all. I know a kid who finished is undergraduate there and is now transferring to the MD course at Melbourne for next year...

The quality of teaching will of a proper standard - you will be taught by highly qualified professors with Ph.D's... they don't give those out to just anyone

For the rest of the stuff, I'm just gonna assume that you were trolling

I know La Trobe isn't bad, but that's not what I asked about. I asked about a specific course. KFC might have good chicken wings but it's Mexican food might not exactly be top notch.

Yeh well lots of high schools have bad teachers so going on that I would amuse it would be possible to have bad teachers in Uni as well. I mean those high school teachers also have degrees in something too.

ShortBlackChick

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +212
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 04:18:17 pm »
+4
KFC might have good chicken wings but it's Mexican food might not exactly be top notch.
ahahaha Love the analogy!
2010: History Revolutions 35
2011: English 3/4, Accounting 3/4, Economics 3/4, Mathematical Methods 3/4, International Studies 3/4.

This C**t, under the name of anonymous, started giving me shit and I called him a C**t and now look. I'm f****n banned.

Camo

• Sir President Father Professor Sergeant Admiral Grandmaster Camo OAM
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • I love you like the little taco's.
  • Respect: +62
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 06:11:41 pm »
I wouldn't say that those kind of people should be put down as less then others. People that know me understand that I can be quite intelligent but the fact that my dad was involved in a car accident caused me to stop studying for a lot of year twelve leading to a crappy ATAR. Really La Trobe is no different from any other university, your teachers are all qualified, your in an environment that allows for learning, etc...

It gives people the chance to get into uni if something affected them. Imagine if all uni courses needed a 90+ ATAR. /me has bad dream.
‎"We divert our attention from disease and death as much as we can; and the slaughter-houses and indecencies without end on which our life is founded are huddled out of sight and never mentioned, so that the world we recognize officially in literature and in society is a poetic fiction far handsomer and cleaner and better than the world that really is."
- William James.

happycat

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +39
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 07:45:37 pm »
+2
Question for people that go to La Trobe, are there lots of retarded people in this course? Like are there always groups of strange looking people outside the Biological Sciences department?

I can only try and imagine what sort of people get 52~ ATARs excluding maybe 10%? that underperformed. I mean even the "dumb" kids at my high school got like 60-70~ ATARs so 50~ is like ursa with blink dagger.

I'm scared because I might be going to this course next year due to my f0kky enter score and my f0kky English and Methods score which prohibits me from transferring to any decent Universities, so my only hope is to do well in this course and try and get into the Biological Sciences(Advanced Science) course.

Also, if there is anybody that does this course here, do you think I'll find it hard because I didn't do any VCE Biology, but I did do Chemistry.

How is the teaching at this course? Hopefully the teaching quality is at least average, I'd be happy with that.

removed the stuff on obama incase i got gang stomped.
Interesting, I'm planning on going to this course next year because it has the subject I really love which is zoology that I'm planning on majoring in. I might see you there not that you'll be impressed with your situation ;).

kkkkasd

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 01:04:15 am »
well the fact that you made it to vce notes forums and signed up an account means ur probably not retarded so the course is better already.

i just hope ur actually a real cat -__- and not a faiker.

vea

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +29
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 01:11:30 am »
Isn't blink dagger good on ursa?
2011: ATAR 99.50
2012: Bachelor of Biomedicine, UoM
2015: Doctor of Dental Surgery, UoM

kkkkasd

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2011, 01:57:55 am »
scary because he can suddenly blink out with lvl 4 furry swipes and lvl 4 overpower comboing like 600 damage in 2 seconds.

so i was just saying the kids that got 50 enter scores mite be scary.

u know like when ur home alone at 2am and the fone rings and u pick up and u say "HELLO?, HELLO?" but nobody talks but u can hear somebody in the background and ur ear is pressed hard against the fone and ur breathing slows almost to a complete stop and u just stand there completely still listening into the fone at very tiny subtle little sounds. and then after like 20 seconds of tense silence they finally hang up and ur like HOLY F0K WHAT DO I DO ? and u start getting all paranoid and ur like looking out all ur windows and checking all ur doors are locked and every single little sound u hear around the house starts to make ur heart miss a beat. and u try to go back to whatever u were doing before but u just cant and u start going crazy.

happycat

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 08:35:04 am »
+1
well the fact that you made it to vce notes forums and signed up an account means ur probably not retarded so the course is better already.

i just hope ur actually a real cat -__- and not a faiker.

The reason why I've signed up an AN account was because a former chemistry colleague of mine uses this site and he showed me this site ;). He was bloody smart. Yeah I'm happy with an ATAR of 64.00.

Peter_1993

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2011, 04:01:36 pm »
I'd love an actual response to this question as I am in the exact same situation.

happycat

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2011, 04:38:24 pm »
I'd love an actual response to this question as I am in the exact same situation.
I won't have answers until I get in which probably isn't very helpful seeing that would apply to you as well. But I actually want this course and I have an ATAR of 64.00, weird huh?