Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 09:07:16 pm

Author Topic: Derived Study Scores - Please Help.  (Read 448 times)  Share 

rodanovich

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Derived Study Scores - Please Help.
« on: November 12, 2020, 04:53:04 pm »
Hi everyone.

Basically, I'm really struggling at the moment.

I'm ranked highly in a very strong literature cohort. My lit exam is on Wednesday the 18th of November. But I have absolutely hit the wall. I feel more anxious than I ever have in my life.

I have been tapping my fingers and bouncing my leg whilst sitting at my desk doing absolutely nothing to study for the lit exam for the past 48 hours. I don't know what's wrong with me - I'm generally not an anxious person, but something's come over me. I cannot study for more than 5 minutes before I become overwhelmed by the enormity (or perceived enormity) of the job before me.

I'm feeling constantly an oppressive fatigue that is insurmountable. I don't feel I know either text well enough at all, and I'm just so stressed and tired it's ridiculous.

I don't feel at all ready. I've spoken to my literature teacher who has been hugely sympathetic and kind.

Would I qualify for a derived study score? Or is this generally relegated for sudden traumatic events suffered by a student close to exam time. I just feel lost. Believe me, I don't want a derived score. It feels like a cop out. But I'm just done. I don't know what's going on with me.

Please give me some insight if you have any.

Thanks a lot.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 04:55:01 pm by rodanovich »

bucky1624

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +4
Re: Derived Study Scores - Please Help.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 07:54:14 pm »
+2
As a person with a huge amount of anxiety, I understand you. You aren't alone in this.
You have to have confidence in yourself though, you're ranked highly in a strong cohort, that in itself is a big achievement.
You're struggling to study and that's okay, from what I've done to help with this in the past is change the place that I'm studying in and try to be in a more outdoor environment or somewhere where I can see outside a window- it's very calming. Then I'd recommend that you time yourself for 30 minutes and just try to complete as much revision as you can. Try to create mind maps and see what you're weak in within that 30 minutes. After that, take a break and come back to work on what you couldn't think of many ideas for.
I wish you the best of luck. Remember, life goes on and this is just a small task which won't really matter in a few years time:)