Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 11:13:42 pm

Author Topic: did terrible in unit 3  (Read 2892 times)

ifailedanothersacwooo

• Fresh Poster
did terrible in unit 3
« on: May 25, 2021, 05:15:37 pm »
hello guys, i did bad in unit 3
i got 30% on english sac 1, 27.5% on english sac 2
i got really low business management scores for my sacs.
 i did good in maths sac 1 (75%) however i did terrible at the next further maths sac (2), i failed it.

anyway, my question is if its still possible getting 80+ atar despite my sac scores.

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
Re: did terrible in unit 3
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 05:54:50 pm »
 i did good in maths sac 1 (75%) however i did terrible at the next further maths sac (2), i failed it.

anyway, my question is if its still possible getting 80+ atar despite my sac scores.
Look, you still have unit 4 and the exams which will by far dictate your scores more than unit 3. Theoretically can you still get 80+ ATAR, I would say unlikely but it can happen assuming to get A+ in near future. The big question is do you have the motivation to do it? Good luck and happy studying.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 05:57:12 pm by Stormbreaker-X »

ifailedanothersacwooo

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 08:51:00 pm »
only 1 A+ or multiple A+'s

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 09:46:07 pm »
only 1 A+ or multiple A+'s
Multiple A+'s or A's at the lowest.

ifailedanothersacwooo

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2021, 05:28:19 pm »
Look, you still have unit 4 and the exams which will by far dictate your scores more than unit 3. Theoretically can you still get 80+ ATAR, I would say unlikely but it can happen assuming to get A+ in near future. The big question is do you have the motivation to do it? Good luck and happy studying.
when you said theoretically what did you mean? how did u know its still possible, whats the maths?

sorry for this question

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2021, 07:19:15 pm »
when you said theoretically what did you mean? how did u know its still possible, whats the maths?

sorry for this question
Well, unit 4 is worth 25% of your study score and your exam is the other 50%, but for further math the exam is 66% which will by far dictate your score more then your SACs. May I add that your SACs are also subject to moderation, so the score you get might not always be what score you end up with. That is fine I like questions keep asking more.

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2021, 07:23:55 pm »
So to add on -
If you do as well as you can following on from these SACs, you can still do pretty well. Keep in mind too that a great exam will somewhat moderate and offset your SAC marks.
Enjoy!
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

ifailedanothersacwooo

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2021, 09:15:23 pm »

alright thanks for answering previous question, but wdym by unlikely?

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2021, 09:30:16 pm »
alright thanks for answering previous question, but wdym by unlikely?
I would assume because of prior behaviour - you've already failed SACs which makes it less likely that you'll get high marks consistently. However - that still can be done. Keep on trying! :)
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2021, 05:53:20 pm »

I would assume because of prior behaviour - you've already failed SACs which makes it less likely that you'll get high marks consistently. However - that still can be done. Keep on trying! :)
Something that hasn’t been mentioned yet, but I think is very important is that you need to identify why you’re failing and what sort of mistakes you’re making on your SACs. Learning and reflecting from your mistakes will help to get a better score next time, whether it’s another SAC or the exam. I would also highly advise that you have a chat with your teachers to see where you’re going wrong and to get help, if you haven’t already. Typically teachers want to help you perform better, but it’s up to you to take the first step  and approach them; they can’t read minds and won’t know that you need help unless you ask!

Here’s some questions for you to ask yourself:
- Could all your mistakes be all just simple mistakes that you’re aware of? If they are, how will you rectify that e.g. keep a log?
- Is it something fundamental, such as not understanding the content, or is it something minor e.g. not adding a minus sign in Maths?
- What concept do you not understand? How can you fix that?
- Are there patterns of questions that you’re getting wrong because you don’t know what you’re being asked? For English essays, did you address the prompt correctly?
- Are you missing a skill e.g. not sure how to structure an English essay?

These sorts of questions should help to identify the reason behind your recurring results. Knowing why it’s happening means that you can figure how to change your approach so you can achieve the 80+ ATAR you’re after.

Good luck! :)
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread