Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 14, 2024, 06:32:59 pm

Author Topic: How to become an astronaut  (Read 3457 times)  Share 

brendan

mark_alec

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +30
Re: How to become an astronaut
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 08:52:36 pm »
I had already read one of the NASA pages on how to apply to be an astronaut, so my current plan is finishing BSc here, then moving to the US, becoming a citizen and getting a PhD.

ganges

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 09:07:09 pm »
yeh i would like to work in NASA one day as well, but not necessarily as an astronaut, but more of like a say professor and researcher.
What would i have to do to do this?
I spose chances of becoming a researcher or something in NASA is much greater then becoming an astronaut right, since u can only have like 10 astronauts max at once but hundereds of researchers.

Can anyone tell me all the different

Wat other sort of different jobs would NASA hire?

Chem
PSych
ENglish
MEthods
SPesh

history revolutions

yr 10

yr 9

yr 8..........

1999 -grade 4

COmpleted grade 5 arithmetic......

xox.happy1.xox

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 11:08:31 am »
I think to be a researcher, you need to have a very extensive knowledge of the function and engineering of space shuttles. I think you need to do a degree before you even qualify for a position as a researcher.

NASA can hire many different people for a myriad of different jobs. They can hire researchers, astronauts, and even captains. Apparently training is very tedious though, and many people feel lethargic after it all. But the benefits of going into space far outweigh the negatives. It is a view which will no doubt last a lifetime.