Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 21, 2024, 09:55:16 pm

Author Topic: Studying Techniques  (Read 1055 times)  Share 

Nialllovespie

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
Studying Techniques
« on: October 10, 2016, 07:34:59 pm »
Are using palm cards an effective method for memorising the context in economics?
And are papers good for ensuring that you know the context and there's no gaps in your knowledge?

Thank you so much!!

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
Re: Studying Techniques
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 07:49:22 pm »
Are using palm cards an effective method for memorising the context in economics?
And are papers good for ensuring that you know the context and there's no gaps in your knowledge?

Thank you so much!!

I use both and it has been working well for me :) Past papers especially!
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

isaacdelatorre

• HSC Lecturer
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +74
Re: Studying Techniques
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 08:09:03 pm »

Thank you so much!!

Hey there, I agree with sudodds; these are both very effective ways to prepare.

However, not every study technique works for everyone; so if you find that they have worked well in other subjects, you might as well carry them across to economics. My only qualm with flash cards is that they take a LLOOOONNGGG time to make and then afterwards, you may never even look at them; so just make flash cards for the areas that you don't really know very well - do this after you have done a few past papers and know what areas you are not that familiar with.

Also, keep up with the news/financial review - these will make sure you are on top of trends which are a key factor in your essays :)

Good luck!! :)
HSC 2016:   ATAR: 99+
Mathematics - 97    Economics - 96     Legal Studies - 95     Advanced English - 91    Business Studies - 95

2017: B Commerce/B Law @ UNSW