Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 01:37:26 am

Author Topic: Thinking about Semester 2 subjects...  (Read 1075 times)  Share 

Menang

Thinking about Semester 2 subjects...
« on: May 23, 2012, 11:44:45 pm »
So I'm considering dropping philosophy since I'm not really enjoying it, and I might want a chance to explore other things. If anyone (slim chance, I know) have done or heard about these subjects, let me know what you think?

HIST1208 - Women and Men in Australian History
Love history, never done any sort of Australian history before (nothing I remember anyway), happy to give this a go.

ANTH1003 - Global and Local
Sounds like a interesting field to explore, but I haven't done the 1st semester subject so I'm not sure to what extent that's a negative.

INDN1003 - Indonesian 1B
INDN2003 - Indonesian 2B
INDN3003 - Indonesian 3B
Maybe pick up Indo again? Having done VCE Indo, I should be alright with Indo 1B, at the very least. I like the idea of learning languages again, it's something I've missed.

ENGL1009 - Exploring Poetry
Sounds like fun, I kinda miss close reading after VCE lit (which is a surprise, because I was so happy to be done with it at the end of Year 12).

ARTH1005 - Myth, Ritual and Beauty: An Introduction to Asian Art
Really enjoying intro to art history at the moment, maybe try the asian kind?

There are also 2 second year courses I'm interested in:

PHIL2087 - European Philosophy A
Give philosophy one more shot, with a later year subject which might be more interesting than the 1st year ones.

ARTH2060 - Russian Art: Icons and Revolutions
Freaking love art, and I love Russian culture, so this course is amazing. Unfortunately, not offered in 2013.

So as you can see, I have way too many choices and no idea what to do. Any advice?