Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 10:06:04 am

Author Topic: TSFX headstart lectures Biology 3&4 2014  (Read 13079 times)  Share 

Frozone

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I'm on my daily grind. My 9-5.
  • Respect: +9
  • School Grad Year: 2014
Re: TSFX headstart lectures Biology 3&4 2014
« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2014, 04:16:11 pm »
+1
I know right. I think it's about time that TSFX stops their misleading advertisements as well.
Id say the notes are great but I expected them to cover the whole course.
The notes cover the course. If they tried to cover the whole course we'd be there for more days and besides they primarily covered the parts students struggled at.
VCE 2013 - 2014:  Biology |English|Geography| Literature |Mathematical Methods [CAS] |Physical Education | Psychology

Jazza12396

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #121 on: January 19, 2014, 05:10:16 pm »
I did the Psychology course at TSFX last year and at the beginning they give you a sheet I think where they make a disclaimer saying they can't cover everything or go through all the question. They go through what is more important. They can't go through everything.

But I have a quick question- I was away during the bio lectures so can anyone post any tips they gave because they reuse the notes for later lectures so I can still get the notes.

Thanks

nerdmmb

« Reply #122 on: January 19, 2014, 05:31:15 pm »
I did the Psychology course at TSFX last year and at the beginning they give you a sheet I think where they make a disclaimer saying they can't cover everything or go through all the question. They go through what is more important. They can't go through everything.

But I have a quick question- I was away during the bio lectures so can anyone post any tips they gave because they reuse the notes for later lectures so I can still get the notes.

Thanks

Hi Jazza12396,
They only covered major topics that students often struggle with.
Some of the tips they gave were:
-Not to abbreviate your response (e.g. write deoxyribonucleic acid instead of DNA as it will cost you marks)
-To read the question carefully and if the question asked you what a certain molecule or substance (in living organisms) was composed of, write protein if in doubt

The notes pretty much sum up the content in the textbook. If you read over your book and highlight the important points then you wont be missing out on anything.

TimewaveZero

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +10
  • School: Billanook College
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #123 on: January 19, 2014, 09:44:00 pm »
+1
OOOOH I was at that course! haha only just saw this thread  :P
2014: Biology | Business Management | Chemistry | English | Mathematical Methods | 87.40

2015 - 2019/20
Majoring in Chemistry and Computational Science