Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 04:35:31 am

Author Topic: Any Advice/Tips??  (Read 2890 times)  Share 

chingchongling

Any Advice/Tips??
« on: May 19, 2014, 08:32:48 pm »
Hi,

This year I've decided to try for Nossal, Melbourne High (year 10 admission) and maybe John Monash. I was just wondering since I've applied for both schools where would I sit the exam? The exam dates are different and on the website it states that the student only has to sit the exam once. Nossal is June the 14th (around there) and Melbourne High July. Anyone had this experience before?

Also any tips for the exams :')? In terms of questions and essay writing
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 08:37:39 pm by chingchongling »

winchesteraddict

Re: Any Advice/Tips??
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 09:52:32 pm »
Hey Chingchongling :D

You will sit in the Nossal high one as it is the closest exam. You will not sit in the MHS one as it is in July but in the Nossal High one as it is in June (your Nossal High results will be transferred to MHS). If you are thinking of applying to JMSS, you will sit in the separate entrance exam as JMSS does not share results.

Hope this makes sense :D

chingchongling

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 07:48:03 pm »
Ah okay. So I can't sit the Melbourne High one (prefer too) as it's later. Doesn't say that anywhere though D:

winchesteraddict

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 08:22:51 pm »
From edutest
"Generally your child can only sit for ONE test, and the results will then be transferred to the other schools you have registered with. (Some schools, however, do not share results.  Please refer to the special conditions associated with these schools from the list below).
Your child must sit at the earliest test date eg if you chose 2 schools, with School A testing on February 28th and School B testing on March 1, then your child must sit the test on February 28 with the results being sent to School B when they test. (Except in the case of those schools that do not share results.  Please refer to the special conditions associated with these schools from the list below)."

http://www.edutest.com.au/edutest/ScholSchoolList.asp

chingchongling

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 08:26:20 pm »
Ah okay thank you that clears a lot up :\. Guess I'm going to have to prepare even faster now.

SKGUN11

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • 9+10=21
  • Respect: 0
  • School: John Monash Science School
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 09:57:25 pm »
Hi,

This year I've decided to try for Nossal, Melbourne High (year 10 admission) and maybe John Monash. I was just wondering since I've applied for both schools where would I sit the exam? The exam dates are different and on the website it states that the student only has to sit the exam once. Nossal is June the 14th (around there) and Melbourne High July. Anyone had this experience before?

Also any tips for the exams :')? In terms of questions and essay writing

Are you doing Nossal? Haha, see  ya there then!
:D

Novashock

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • someone save me
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 07:53:53 am »
Hey Chingchongling :D

You will sit in the Nossal high one as it is the closest exam. You will not sit in the MHS one as it is in July but in the Nossal High one as it is in June (your Nossal High results will be transferred to MHS). If you are thinking of applying to JMSS, you will sit in the separate entrance exam as JMSS does not share results.

Hope this makes sense :D
Wait MHS's test is in July? I'm trying out to get into year 9 but I thought it was June 14th! Is it because i'm also trying out for suzanne cory?
2017 | Psychology
2018 | English, Methods,  HHD, Biology, Chemistry
2019 | BBiomedSc @ Monash University
2022 | MD @ Deakin University

Flakey

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • School Grad Year: 2018
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 04:03:45 pm »
Wait MHS's test is in July? I'm trying out to get into year 9 but I thought it was June 14th! Is it because i'm also trying out for suzanne cory?
This thread is for the Year 10 admission into the schools. The Year 9 entry this year for all four selective entry schools in on June 14th.

Novashock

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • someone save me
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2014, 11:23:11 am »
This thread is for the Year 10 admission into the schools. The Year 9 entry this year for all four selective entry schools in on June 14th.
Oh. thx!
2017 | Psychology
2018 | English, Methods,  HHD, Biology, Chemistry
2019 | BBiomedSc @ Monash University
2022 | MD @ Deakin University