Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 09:54:32 pm

Author Topic: JMSS testing 2015  (Read 160878 times)  Share 

Iman2098

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • The secret of getting ahead, is getting started.
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2018
Re: JMSS testing 2015
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2015, 01:43:51 pm »
Ty and also what is the most efficient way to cover yr 9 & 10 science? Like watch videos or write notes or read books or anything else?

chelonianlover

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
  • School: JMSS
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2015, 01:47:34 pm »
Thx, but like was there any stuff relating to reaction rates,log and matrices in last year's exam? Because i don't mind studying them. It's just that i need to know if i'm actually studying stuff that is going to useful for me in the exam or if i'm just wasting my time.

You aren't wasting your time if your learning something. It will come in handy in the future. But that's beside the point (sorry), they don't have the same topics every year. Sometimes your tested on different things. And like I said there may be one or two questions on those topics, just make sure you know your basic inside out before jumping onto studying sequences and series, or something.

Regarding your question on if it was on the test, I can't remember the exact questions. I think they were, but don't count on me for it.

Also you shouldn't be learning simply to get into JMSS. No, the school itself wouldn't want that. You should be learning because you love to learn. That's really what makes a JMSS student. We love to learn. If you learn all these topics with the motivation of simply wanting to get in, then idk tbh. There's a lot more to it.

Anywyas sorry for the speech. Best of luck.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 02:19:48 pm by chelonianlover »

darkrai115

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2015, 01:51:38 pm »
Ty and also what is the most efficient way to cover yr 9 & 10 science? Like watch videos or write notes or read books or anything else?
p probably to do everything yoy just mentioned. id teccomend you buy a whole 128+ pg notebook just for jmss and write what you need write on there

chelonianlover

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2015, 01:52:49 pm »
hes basically saying first get the fundamentals down so yr 8 and yr 9 so do every chapter review q etc after weve got this down move onto year 10 if we have time and according to th e other posts, there were a few qs about reaction rates i believe so best if we study it

She* 😂😂😂😂

No I mean make sure you have no gaps in your understanding of certain topics. So be able to do every application, reasoning and whatnot question. Because a lot of that is in sink oth the yr 10 maths.

chelonianlover

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2015, 01:55:30 pm »

Study some good textbooks.

Iman2098

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2015, 02:14:55 pm »
You aren't wasting your time if your learning something. It will come in handy in the future. But that's beside the point (sorry), they don't have the same topics every year. Sometimes your tested on different things. And like I said there may be one or two questions on those topics, just make sure you know your basic inside out before jumping onto studying sequences and series, or something.

Regarding your question on if it was on the test, I can't remember the exact questions. I think here were, but don't count on me for it.

Also you shouldn't be learning simply to get into JMSS. No, the school itself wouldn't want that. You should be learning because you love to learn. That's really what makes a JMSS student. We love to learn. If you learn all these topics with the motivation of simply wanting to get in, then idk tbh. There's a lot more to it.

Anywyas sorry for the speech. Best of luck.

You kinda misunderstood me there, i love learning too (especially for science) but with the amount of time i have left, i think it would be better for me to study topics that are relevant rather than spending my time studying irrelevant topics. That's what i meant by:
Thx, but like was there any stuff relating to reaction rates,log and matrices in last year's exam? Because i don't mind studying them. It's just that i need to know if i'm actually studying stuff that is going to useful for me in the exam or if i'm just wasting my time.

Anyways thanks for your help  :)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 02:17:27 pm by Iman2098 »

InNeedForHelp

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2015, 02:35:51 pm »
I wish I tried for JMSS last year..

Iman2098

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2015, 02:44:57 pm »
I wish I tried for JMSS last year..

You can still try out in the yr 11 entrance

ShikharDhawan

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2015, 03:14:17 pm »
Has any one gotten into JMSS into Yr 11 and is it really hard and i not sure which topics to study and what all is going to be on the test?? (eg. Numerical Reasoning and Science reasoning)

InNeedForHelp

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2015, 06:03:51 pm »
You can still try out in the yr 11 entrance
I probably wouldn't be allowed to take 3/4 physics if I managed to get in to JMSS. Such is life.

Iman2098

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2015, 07:29:02 pm »
p probably to do everything yoy just mentioned. id teccomend you buy a whole 128+ pg notebook just for jmss and write what you need write on there

Yea, i went out and bought a 120 pg notebook lol, so i can use it to write down my science notes for yr 8, 9 and 10. Now to get writing...

chelonianlover

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2015, 09:43:45 pm »
I probably wouldn't be allowed to take 3/4 physics if I managed to get in to JMSS. Such is life.

Yeah you would.

Iman2098

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2015, 08:04:51 pm »
Hey guys, i was wondering how to go about answering the questions in the mc tests. I do practice tests at my tutor and i always spend too much time on a lot of the questions(especially for the maths and numerical reasoning), so i was wondering what would be the most effective way in order to complete most of questions within the given time. Like are there any strategies or tips that i could use? I always leave the ones that are too hard, but when i do this i end up guessing all of them in the end when i have no time. So i would like to know how to complete at least 90% of the test paper in 30 mins. Thanks  :)

ahad2703

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • School: Loading...
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2015, 09:12:43 pm »
I'm pretty sure its 30seconds for each question. This is for maths and verbal

Iman2098

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2015, 09:27:17 pm »
yea i know that its 30 secs for each question, but i find it hard to do each question in under 30 secs. Especially the problem solving ones. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks