Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 26, 2024, 05:38:54 am

Author Topic: Business Studies  (Read 2861 times)  Share 

JFox

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Emanuel School
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Business Studies
« on: May 12, 2016, 01:07:48 pm »
Hey Guys, Im just wondering if you can help me this one question.

How does the government influence employment contracts?

Cheers  :)

tasiakuz

• Adventurer
Re: Business Studies
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 05:37:36 pm »
+3
Hi! So i am guessing this is a part of H.R. which I have not done yet but I just did a search and found a great website:
https://www.fairwork.gov.au/awards-and-agreements/employment-contracts-1
it says that: An employment contract is an agreement between an employer and employee that sets out terms and conditions of employment. A contract can be in writing or verbal.
So thus, I would link the government influence to a governmental body like the fair work ombudsman and how their are laws in place to protect employee rights - maybe you could even give some legislation such as looking at the National Employment Standards (NES).
Sorry for the late reply maybe you don't need the question answered anymore but I hope this helps!
Economics
Modern History
Business Studies
Advanced English
General Maths
History Extension

Nharte

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 05:20:37 pm »
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this question to do with HR;
Explain the significance of employment contracts in the Australian workforce.                                                    6 marks

Thanks so much!

Klexos

• Forum Regular
  • Exceeding limitations
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 10:12:33 am »
The significance of employment contracts is derived from how it creates obligations for both employees and employers (all businesses are operating within a legal framework of common law and statue law). Remember, it is "a legally binding, formal agreement between the employer and employee" which clarifies both parties' key duties and responsibilities and gives more protection than a verbal contract (especially during a dispute where you want to avoid the "he said, she said" problem.
2015 HSC: Business Studies

2016 HSC: English Advanced  l  Mathematics  l Mathematics Extension 1  l  Economics  l  Physics