Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 06:14:14 am

Author Topic: GAMSAT physics resources  (Read 5169 times)  Share 

BNard

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
GAMSAT physics resources
« on: March 09, 2018, 12:46:43 pm »
Hey everyone!
 I'm starting my preparations for the September GAMSAT, and am feeling a bit lost . Unfortunately I've never studied physics before (in high school or uni) and so am trying to self teach the basics. Does anyone know of any good websites/youtube channels etc that have info around the required level for gamsat, or even better, practise questions?

As this is my first GAMSAT attempt (Second year BSci) I'd prefer not to spend a lot of money on preparation materials - surely hard work can get the job done ? ;)

Thanks in advance for any tips :)
2017 - 2019: UoM BSci (Path)

• Forum Leader
  • socratic junkie wannabe
  • Respect: +341
Re: GAMSAT physics resources
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 07:00:32 pm »
+2
Khan academy is fairly good for getting the basics down on physics and I'd highly recommend it - it's also completely free. Watching videos and learning 'content' will only get you so far, however, and you should definitely supplement this with application and prac questions.
2016–2018: Bachelor of Biomedicine (Neuroscience), The University of Melbourne
2019–2022: Doctor of Medicine, The University of Melbourne

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: GAMSAT physics resources
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 12:41:22 pm »
Khan academy is definitely great to learn the concepts, You could also use highschool/uni textbooks although that wouldn't be too efficient. The knowledge of facts won't get you too far so practice questions are really important and most people use these as a way to find where their gaps in knowledge are and then just go back and revise those sections.