Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 03:13:53 pm

Author Topic: Victorian Selective Entry Exam  (Read 24297 times)  Share 

runa123

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Re: Selective Entry Casual Chat
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2020, 05:29:09 pm »
Hey people.
After my Dad finished work and showed me this article he got from the herald sun paper (page 12)

(Image removed from quote.)

Here is what it says, if you are unable to read the article on the website or see it off the image.

Any thoughts on this?

Also, if you haven't heard already, the department of education is now giving an option for students to withdrawl from the selective entry high school application process;

"All applicants retain the right to withdraw from the Selective Entry High School examination process at any point. Following these changes, the deadline to withdraw and receive a full refund of the application fee has been extended to Monday 21 September 2020. Please indicate your request to withdraw by email to the Selective Entry Unit at [email protected]."

Reading the article, I think there may be actually quite a few people choosing to withdrawl from the exam.
Will this put us at an advantage or disadvantage?
I think the advantage is there will be less people applying, there could be a disadvantage.

Meg210706

• Forum Regular
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2020, 05:41:52 pm »
I think the advantage is there will be less people applying, there could be a disadvantage.
I'm not sure if theres really much of a disadvantage but at the same time not many people would be willing to withdraw I dont think.

010000studyhard

• Forum Regular
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2020, 05:43:04 pm »
Take this situation as an Advantage to calm down, and focus on the parts you are struggling on with the test.

Alomoac

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2020, 05:46:05 pm »

I really see no disadvantage in students choosing to withdraw.
"It's not about being nice, it's about doing the right thing."

Alomoac

• Trendsetter
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2020, 05:47:22 pm »
Take this situation as an Advantage to calm down, and focus on the parts you are struggling on with the test.

This is what I'm doing now, just trying to perfect my understanding of different areas in mathematics. This also gives me more time to expand my vocabulary and more time to get more practice pieces down.

runa123

• Forum Regular
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2020, 07:54:54 pm »
I'm going to focus on mathematics and reading comp

Meg210706

• Forum Regular
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2020, 07:59:16 pm »
Does anyone have any tips to improve on Numerical Reasoning? And I asked this question before but out of 50 and 60 questions how many should u be getting correct to secure a superior tho ofcourse it depends on everyone else's performance at the end of the day.

Einsteinium

• Trailblazer
  • Cricket
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2020, 08:21:57 pm »
Does anyone have any tips to improve on Numerical Reasoning? And I asked this question before but out of 50 and 60 questions how many should u be getting correct to secure a superior tho ofcourse it depends on everyone else's performance at the end of the day.
My tip is to not worry about the end result. If you give it your all then you will be achieving the top score that you can reach. Don't worry about what a good mark is because if you aim for that you may get lower. If you aim for higher then if you get lower you will still be in. As for tips for numerical reasoning. A massive boost is doing a lot of mock exam and looking over all of them and finding common errors. This will boost your scores a lot.  You will also find that there are patterns, for example Fibonacci sequence and exposure to these will give you an edge in the exam. I am not to experienced because i too am doing the test next year so some of the more experienced people can help more.
I really hope this helps you and good luck for your exam
“People Who Are Crazy Enough To Think They Can Change The World, Are The Ones Who Do.” – Rob Siltanen

runa123

• Forum Regular
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2020, 08:23:01 pm »
I don't think you should aim for a certain score, because when you do reach the goal you stop trying just give yourself a small goal and when you reach the goal make a harder goal.

Einsteinium

• Trailblazer
  • Cricket
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2020, 08:24:49 pm »
I don't think you should aim for a certain score, because when you do reach the goal you stop trying just give yourself a small goal and when you reach the goal make a harder goal.
That is soo true
“People Who Are Crazy Enough To Think They Can Change The World, Are The Ones Who Do.” – Rob Siltanen

Alomoac

• Trendsetter
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2020, 08:48:23 pm »
My tip is to not worry about the end result. If you give it your all then you will be achieving the top score that you can reach. Don't worry about what a good mark is because if you aim for that you may get lower. If you aim for higher then if you get lower you will still be in. As for tips for numerical reasoning. A massive boost is doing a lot of mock exam and looking over all of them and finding common errors. This will boost your scores a lot.  You will also find that there are patterns, for example Fibonacci sequence and exposure to these will give you an edge in the exam. I am not to experienced because i too am doing the test next year so some of the more experienced people can help more.
I really hope this helps you and good luck for your exam

Great tips! Are you in Year 7? If so then you will 100% get in.

010000studyhard

• Forum Regular
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2020, 09:02:24 pm »
Often, you may find the practice exams harder, and if you achieve them well on you. But remember to be persistent and keep going. Practice daily until test day to remember the concept and to keep your marks high.

runa123

• Forum Regular
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2020, 09:31:20 pm »
Often, you may find the practice exams harder, and if you achieve them well on you. But remember to be persistent and keep going. Practice daily until test day to remember the concept and to keep your marks high.
cool, thanks

Einsteinium

• Trailblazer
  • Cricket
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2020, 08:48:36 am »
+1
Yeah, i have found the JAC tests harder and if you do well on them and you keep improving you are set to get a superior. You can't get good scores and stop there and expect to get a superior. If you keep working hard and focus on all the subjects you are doing your best and if you do that than the outcome will be your best. One last tip, if you get bad scores on JAC tests don't feel down because the tests are harder. Just push yourself to do better and achieve the highest you can.

Alomoac

• Trendsetter
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2020, 08:59:50 am »
Yeah, i have found the JAC tests harder and if you do well on them and you keep improving you are set to get a superior. You can't get good scores and stop there and expect to get a superior. If you keep working hard and focus on all the subjects you are doing your best and if you do that than the outcome will be your best. One last tip, if you get bad scores on JAC tests don't feel down because the tests are harder. Just push yourself to do better and achieve the highest you can.

Did you know? You are wise as hell man.