Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 05:54:24 pm

Author Topic: A terrible subject...  (Read 2469 times)  Share 

pete_owntbychem

A terrible subject...
« on: May 21, 2008, 01:32:08 pm »
Well, some may say its too early to call this....
But about 3 days ago, i swapped out of General A into economics, 3 days later, im wanting to change again

Luckily I didn't buy the textbook
I am finding eco a real bore.... its not for me... god im stupid for choosing it..............

anyways heres end the rant.....
I think I'll be swapping to either Further 1/2 or Biology =) In a matter of days

Most likely Further 1/2 cause atleast I have a basic idea of what its about!

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +100
Re: A terrible subject...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 04:27:46 pm »
How do you know if you'll like a subject or not unless you stick with it for a little while? It might be a bit confusing/boring at first, but that's probably because you transferred in the middle of the first semester. Eco isn't bad.

clinton_09

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 05:15:12 pm »
But about 3 days ago, i swapped out of General A into economics, 3 days later, im wanting to change again

I am finding eco a real bore.... its not for me... god im stupid for choosing it..............

I think I'll be swapping to either Further 1/2 or Biology =) In a matter of days

YAY someone who feels the same way about economics. It has to be the worst subject ever i abhor it, im deliberately failing so i don't have to do unit 4.

pete_owntbychem

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 05:51:53 pm »

YAY someone who feels the same way about economics. It has to be the worst subject ever i abhor it, im deliberately failing so i don't have to do unit 4.
in your case I would stick to it because if you drop it you only have 5 subjects and 6 subjects are counted
even if u got say like 25 in eco... a 2.5 can change ur enter from a 90 to a 91 or higher

but im still in year 11 and have the freedom of changing subjects

clinton_09

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 05:58:09 pm »
na im getting rid of it because my economic classes will turn to frees so i can concentrate on my other subjects which would allow me to make up for that 10%.

Mao

• CH41RMN
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +390
  • School: Kambrya College
  • School Grad Year: 2008
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 06:04:01 pm »
na im getting rid of it because my economic classes will turn to frees so i can concentrate on my other subjects which would allow me to make up for that 10%.
erm... a fail in ANY subject is not a good look, no matter who is admitting your entrance to a degree or hiring you...
Editor for ATARNotes Chemistry study guides.

VCE 2008 | Monash BSc (Chem., Appl. Math.) 2009-2011 | UoM BScHon (Chem.) 2012 | UoM PhD (Chem.) 2013-2015

droodles

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 06:13:38 pm »
how can you not like economics? economics is an integral part of today's society and it might be of benefit for you to pay attention and learn about it.

And @ the guy who is deliberately failing, in the real world if u dont like something you have to put up with it not 'fail' at it
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 06:18:18 pm by droodles »

jsimmo

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +32
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 06:44:23 pm »
how can you not like economics? economics is an integral part of today's society and it might be of benefit for you to pay attention and learn about it.

And @ the guy who is deliberately failing, in the real world if u dont like something you have to put up with it not 'fail' at it

Yes, that maybe the case for the 'real world' but when it comes to your 'education/subject selection' there is the option of "dropping a subject" and although it should be carefully considered, the option can still be taken.

I'm not encouraging or disapproving of Clintons decision but if I was doing a subject that I absolutely hated and had no motivation for, then I would seriously consider 'dropping' it in oder to gain those extra study periods.

Yes, keeping it might get Clinton an extra 25 (2.5) but on the other hand gaining those extra studies may help Clinton get 2.5+ on his other subjects. I doubt that a 'fail' for a unit3 subject would sway an employees decision.
2008: English , Business Management , IT: Applications , Further Maths , Studio Arts 
2009: Monash University

clinton_09

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 08:43:23 pm »

Yes, that maybe the case for the 'real world' but when it comes to your 'education/subject selection' there is the option of "dropping a subject" and although it should be carefully considered, the option can still be taken.

I'm not encouraging or disapproving of Clintons decision but if I was doing a subject that I absolutely hated and had no motivation for, then I would seriously consider 'dropping' it in oder to gain those extra study periods.

Yes, keeping it might get Clinton an extra 25 (2.5) but on the other hand gaining those extra studies may help Clinton get 2.5+ on his other subjects. I doubt that a 'fail' for a unit3 subject would sway an employees decision.

Thankyou Jsimmo my reasonings exactly. A yr 12 subject and real life are not similar therefore you can't possibly compare droodles