Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 04:28:03 pm

Author Topic: Someone explain please.  (Read 708 times)  Share 

This-is-not-me

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Someone explain please.
« on: December 24, 2013, 10:44:16 pm »
Okay so I've asked around but am still not 100% sure on the offers system works, so hopefully you guys can clear it all up.  I'm just going to tell my situation and go from there:

So my top preference is Commerce at Melbourne, but my ATAR(93.90) is just below the clearly-in, and my second preference is Civil Engineering/Business Management at RMIT, where the clearly-in is 93.20.

So considering that I have applied for SEAS at RMIT and that the clearly-in hopefully doesn't change dramatically I'm guessing that I will most likely recieve an offer from RMIT for my course, which I will be very happy with. BUT, I still really want to get into commerce at Melbourne.

And so my question is that just say I get an offer from RMIT in the first round, how long do I get to accept or decline the offer? If I accept the offer in the first round do I still get an offer in the second round? i.e Do you get to choose between the offers at all?

2013:
English | Methods | Physics | IT:Applications

Hancock

• SUPER ENGINEERING MAN
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +270
  • School: Ringwood Secondary College
  • School Grad Year: 2011
Re: Someone explain please.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 10:51:27 pm »
+6
Accept the first round offer. It won't preclude you from getting second-round offers from preferences higher on your list and if you don't get a second round offer you'll still have a uni course.
Thinking of doing Engineering? - Engineering FAQs

2012 - 2014: B.Sc. - Mechanical Systems - The University of Melbourne
2014 - 2014: Cross-Institutional Study - Aero/Mech Engineering - Monash University
2015 - 2016: M.Eng (Mechanical with Business) - The University of Melbourne
2015 - Sem1: Exchange Semester - ETH Zurich

This-is-not-me

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Re: Someone explain please.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 10:25:46 pm »
Ahh I see so basically I can hold onto my first round offer until the the second one, that's what I was mostly confused about thanks.
2013:
English | Methods | Physics | IT:Applications