Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 07:09:39 pm

Author Topic: 2 Legal Studies Practise Exams  (Read 2200 times)  Share 

selim31

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: -18
2 Legal Studies Practise Exams
« on: October 14, 2011, 10:37:32 pm »
+2
Hey people and fellow legal studies peeps. As you might know, the Legal Studies exam will be tomorrow in A MONTH, and this is why I would like to give you some practise exams which I got from my lovely Legal Studies teacher (never mind the fact that I found out today that she thinks I hate her, but I think that's justified but I am sorry for this). They are a revised version from the 2008 and 2009 exam and they will have 70 Marks each and the new study design.

For those who did not go to the Melbourne University revision lecture, please ensure that you do not spend more than 90 seconds per mark. I did one of those exams just today and I spend the whole 2 hours to the minute on the revised 2009 Exam. It is quite tough not because of the level of difficulty but the the sheer amount of writing involved will not even allow you to touch your water bottle during the two hour exam.

I have also prepared a Case study summary list which I will post tomorrow morning after doing some editing. This has a list of all the case studies such as an example of the referral of power, reasons laws need to change, etc.

For now, have fun doing Legal Studies exams while I'm trying to figure out how to resolve that unfortunate situation with my awesome legal teacher.  :-\

NOTE: I DO NOT OWN THESE. THIS IS NOT MY PROPERTY. I DO NOT CLAIM ANY LEGAL RIGHTS TO THIS MATERIAL.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 09:33:48 pm by selim31 »
Law is a kind of justice. It is not perfect justice, it is only a kind of justice.

- John Young, Former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Victoria.

nacho

• The Thought Police
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +418
Re: 2 Legal Studies Practise Exams
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 10:44:51 pm »
gee, thanks for these!
Bad legal teacher aye.. seems common, mine not so much bad as 'makes me tired'
although i had a very awesome teacher in year 11.
when you did the 2009 exam, did you attempt both ten markers? because now the legal exam is 70 marks (same time limit i believe)
OFFICIAL FORUM RULE #1:
TrueTears is my role model so find your own

2012: BCom/BSc @ Monash
[Majors: Finance, Actuarial Studies, Mathematical Statistics]
[Minors: Psychology/ Statistics]

"Baby, it's only micro when it's soft".
-Bill Gates

Upvote me

selim31

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 11:01:05 pm »
Actually she is a very good Legal teacher but on my part I've been a bit of a jerk to her, and hence believe she will never ever want to hear anything from me. I do feel sorry. I really do.

There's only one 10 Mark question in this revised exam actually. The time limit will be the same - 2 hours for 70 Marks. It's though. I'm only now marking the papers. Uhh, and, there will hardly be two 10 mark questions due to the obvious time limit. My teacher said to me that some teachers will protest VCAA if they actually do put two 10 markers on the exam. Don't worry, it won't. The 10 mark questions are designed so that at least 20-30 minutes are spent on them, so putting two of them in the exam would not leave much time to answer the other questions.
Law is a kind of justice. It is not perfect justice, it is only a kind of justice.

nacho

• The Thought Police
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +418
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 11:07:58 pm »
Actually she is a very good Legal teacher but on my part I've been a bit of a jerk to her, and hence believe she will never ever want to hear anything from me. I do feel sorry. I really do.

There's only one 10 Mark question in this revised exam actually. The time limit will be the same - 2 hours for 70 Marks. It's though. I'm only now marking the papers. Uhh, and, there will hardly be two 10 mark questions due to the obvious time limit. My teacher said to me that some teachers will protest VCAA if they actually do put two 10 markers on the exam. Don't worry, it won't. The 10 mark questions are designed so that at least 20-30 minutes are spent on them, so putting two of them in the exam would not leave much time to answer the other questions.
oh fair enough,
yea i knew there wouldnt be two ten markers in our end of year exam, but i was gonna do them in the past exams so that covers 70 marks.
I've never really had much of an issue with time? i generally finish 20-30 minutes early (although, ive done literally 1 exam for legal and only got 47/60)
OFFICIAL FORUM RULE #1:
TrueTears is my role model so find your own

2012: BCom/BSc @ Monash
[Majors: Finance, Actuarial Studies, Mathematical Statistics]
[Minors: Psychology/ Statistics]

"Baby, it's only micro when it's soft".
-Bill Gates

Upvote me

selim31

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 11:16:16 pm »
Well that was 60 marks haha. But yea, it could be that I always write more than enough lol.

selim31

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 09:27:24 pm »
Sorry that I haven't gotten around to posting the Case study summary yet, but I was so busy doing revision for English. However, I will definitely post them at the very latest on Friday as  I have trial Exam this Week (and LEGAL TOMORROW @ 8.30 pfff). In the meantime I will post another 2 past exams tomorrow evening, which however do not reflect the current study design + 70 Marks.

Don't forget: Law is only a Kind of Justice!

selim31

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 10:33:34 pm »
+2
Here is another exam. This is a 60 Mark Exam from the previous study design however it is not updated to this year's.

In the file names '3&4 PRACTICE EXAM'  Do not do question 2 or 12a and in question 6 do not refer to pre-trial procedures as such 'police power and individual rights' as we haven't learned them anyway and the study design doesn't say we need to know police powers + individual rights for criminial pre-trial procedures.

selim31

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 09:56:06 pm »
+2
Enjoy another Exam, however it's the previous study design, so be careful.

selim31

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 09:57:17 pm »
+2
What do I need to Know Sheet for Unit 3. It's quite useful. Credits go to my Legal Study teacher for this.