Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 07:58:20 pm

Author Topic: independent trial 2015  (Read 2109 times)  Share 

amina_98

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
independent trial 2015
« on: August 15, 2016, 07:11:13 pm »
Hi all,
i downloaded the independent trial paper 2015 from the internet however it does not come with any solutions.
i came across this question and im not sure how to approach it and what answer the question wants:

Describe how worker participation promotes effective human resources management (3 marks)

Im not sure which specific dotpoint this is asking for...

any help is appreciated
ATAR Goal = 91.00

English Advanced | Business Studies | Biology | Mathematics | Physics

Essej

• Forum Regular
  • "Don't settle for good. Strive for great".
Re: independent trial 2015
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 09:08:18 pm »
+1
Hi all,
i downloaded the independent trial paper 2015 from the internet however it does not come with any solutions.
i came across this question and im not sure how to approach it and what answer the question wants:

Describe how worker participation promotes effective human resources management (3 marks)

Im not sure which specific dotpoint this is asking for...

any help is appreciated

Hi Amina!

I can't speak from experience (as my school is only up to processes in HR - removed relevant questions from the trial) having not done the syllabus point but i'd be happy to help.

So worker participation would most likely come under the leadership style dot point where you talk about autocratic leadership, participative leadership etc. But knowing that obviously won't get you any marks  ;D
Just a sample answer, correct me if i'm wrong:

Worker participation in the human resources function involves a high level of employer-employee collaboration, allowing the employee greater input into the decision making processes of the business. Thus, the promotion of this managerial strategy paves the way for greater employee satisfaction through values of social justice and a removal of the "bureaucratic" approach to business leadership towards a more "democratic" or "participative" approach. Further, high levels of employee engagement brought forth by this strategy may result in reduced absenteeism and a lower rate of staff turnover. These indicators reveal the ability of worker participation to promote effective human resources management.

Tell me if anything needs clearing up, hope this helps!
Class of 2016
------------------------
English Advanced: 93
Legal Studies: 96
Economics: 93
Business Studies: 92
Studies of Religion (2 Unit): 93

2016 ATAR: 98.75

amina_98

• Trailblazer
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 09:17:16 pm »
Hi Amina!

I can't speak from experience (as my school is only up to processes in HR - removed relevant questions from the trial) having not done the syllabus point but i'd be happy to help.

So worker participation would most likely come under the leadership style dot point where you talk about autocratic leadership, participative leadership etc. But knowing that obviously won't get you any marks  ;D
Just a sample answer, correct me if i'm wrong:

Worker participation in the human resources function involves a high level of employer-employee collaboration, allowing the employee greater input into the decision making processes of the business. Thus, the promotion of this managerial strategy paves the way for greater employee satisfaction through values of social justice and a removal of the "bureaucratic" approach to business leadership towards a more "democratic" or "participative" approach. Further, high levels of employee engagement brought forth by this strategy may result in reduced absenteeism and a lower rate of staff turnover. These indicators reveal the ability of worker participation to promote effective human resources management.

Tell me if anything needs clearing up, hope this helps!
Thank you so much your answer really helped, you triggered my memory and train of thought hahah. All the best with your studies.
ATAR Goal = 91.00

English Advanced | Business Studies | Biology | Mathematics | Physics

Essej

• Forum Regular
  • "Don't settle for good. Strive for great".
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 09:19:57 pm »
Thank you so much your answer really helped, you triggered my memory and train of thought hahah. All the best with your studies.

Glad to help! You too  ;D
Class of 2016
------------------------
English Advanced: 93
Legal Studies: 96
Economics: 93
Business Studies: 92
Studies of Religion (2 Unit): 93

2016 ATAR: 98.75