Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 09:59:08 pm

Author Topic: VCE HHD Question Thread!  (Read 261956 times)  Share 

MrUnknowwn

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: VCE HHD Question Thread!
« Reply #705 on: November 04, 2017, 11:03:50 am »
Hi guys, please give me constructive feedback on my response.

I am unsure if I need to link the governments role to an aid example or if I can use just an australian example. If my response is ineligible which it probably is, please write another sample for me. THANK YOU

Identify two priorities of Australia's aid program and outline one role the government has played in relation to each.

Gender equality, empowering women and girls --> The Australian government has ensured that women recieve the same rights as men. For example: Women can work in the same industries as men like trade.
Education and Health --> The Australian government has incorporated health curriculum in schools. Example: Teaching kids about the dangers of alcohol which can increase levels of health.

littledreamer

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #706 on: November 05, 2017, 01:27:58 pm »
+1
Hey guys, what are some examples of things that WHO does for the priority 'social, economic and environmental determinants'?

I think developing strategies that promote development which are aimed at people in countries where poverty and isolation prevents good health can be an example

Butterflygirl

• Trendsetter
  • An evil ferocious demon.
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #707 on: November 05, 2017, 06:10:54 pm »
Also, how do we answer a question like 'how can the australian dietary guidelines/healthy eating pyramid/australian guide to healthy eating' be used to reduce obesity rates? or something like that.

littledreamer

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #708 on: November 05, 2017, 09:10:11 pm »
+1
Also, how do we answer a question like 'how can the australian dietary guidelines/healthy eating pyramid/australian guide to healthy eating' be used to reduce obesity rates? or something like that.

I would say something like the ADGs promote a varied diet that consists of plenty of vegetables, fruit, legumes and grains. These foods are high in fibre which is a protective factor against obesity as it promotes feelings of satiety. Also, the third guideline advises an individual to limit consumption of added alcohol which is energy dense, thus by decreasing intake of alcohol you decrease risk of obesity. I think I'd just link ADG/AGTHE/HEP to nutrition and how they promote protective factors against obesity :) For all 3 you could also probably say they promote water which contains no kilojoules so it can assist in providing a feeling of fullness without extra energy consumption

rpapa

• Trailblazer
« Reply #709 on: November 05, 2017, 11:38:50 pm »
I think developing strategies that promote development which are aimed at people in countries where poverty and isolation prevents good health can be an example
Some other examples could be building schools, providing microfinance loans, working with member states to develop health policies. Make sure your examples are explicitly linked to one or both of these kinds of development to ensure that you get full marks. (ie: talk about education for social and money for economic etc.)
VCE 2017 - English, Maths Methods, Chemistry, Legal Studies, Health
2018 - BSci @ UniMelb

rpapa

• Trailblazer
« Reply #710 on: November 05, 2017, 11:49:53 pm »
Hi guys, please give me constructive feedback on my response.

I am unsure if I need to link the governments role to an aid example or if I can use just an australian example. If my response is ineligible which it probably is, please write another sample for me. THANK YOU

Identify two priorities of Australia's aid program and outline one role the government has played in relation to each.

Gender equality, empowering women and girls --> The Australian government has ensured that women recieve the same rights as men. For example: Women can work in the same industries as men like trade.
Education and Health --> The Australian government has incorporated health curriculum in schools. Example: Teaching kids about the dangers of alcohol which can increase levels of health.

Hi! Your understanding of what the priorities mean is correct. However, since this is talking about Australia's aid efforts, you need to link it to a more global impact (ie: another country, not just Australia). You could use some of the following examples:
Gender equality and empowering women and girls - This relates to women being provided with the same opportunities as men do. In Papua New Guinea, Australia is supporting women's economic empowerment by providing microfinance and saving activities, making workplaces safer for women to do business and supporting women in the PNG government.
Education and Health - The Australian Government works to provide funds for education programs, build schools and train local people on how to run it and provide immunization programs.
After stating 1 or 2 of these examples, link it back to the priority to ensure you don't lose any marks. (e.g: providing immunization programs will prevent people from falling ill to vaccine-preventable diseases such as tuberculosis; improving global mortality and morbidity rates/health outcomes worldwide)
VCE 2017 - English, Maths Methods, Chemistry, Legal Studies, Health
2018 - BSci @ UniMelb

ilikenoodlez

• Adventurer
« Reply #711 on: November 06, 2017, 03:45:21 pm »
For sustainable human development and interrelationships questions, do we talk about 1 or 2 areas of sustainability? My teacher told me to do 2 areas of sustainability for both, but some people have only been doing 1

Maya24

• MOTM: OCT 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +114
« Reply #712 on: November 06, 2017, 03:57:19 pm »
+1
For sustainable human development and interrelationships questions, do we talk about 1 or 2 areas of sustainability? My teacher told me to do 2 areas of sustainability for both, but some people have only been doing 1

For interrelationships i do H and HD,HS and HD+S so do 2 areas of sustainability

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #713 on: November 07, 2017, 03:27:29 pm »
+4
Let me know if I've missed anyone's questions.  All of you answering others' questions are answering super well haha.

hi guys
for NHPA questions asking about costs and reasons, would we lose marks if we didn't link our answer back to the specific NHPA? e.g. would we gain full marks if we say that 'diabetes mellitus contributes to significantly to burden of disease'? also, are there any efficient ways of remembering the risk factors for the NHPAs?
thank u  :)

Definitely try and link and make it as specific as possible.

Hey guys, what are some examples of things that WHO does for the priority 'social, economic and environmental determinants'?

Copy pasted from my notes (which you can find here):

The UN:
•   maintains the UN Social and Economic Council (ECOSOC), which works to achieve higher standards of living, increased employment, eradication of poverty and hunger, and human rights
•   established and targets the SDGs which promote:
     o   gender equality (social development, SDG 5)
     o   decent and productive employment (economic development, SDGs 1 and 8)
     o   access to education (economic, SDG 4)
•   protects children’s rights and health through the UNICEF
•   protects women’s rights and gender equality through UN Women

You definitely need to link it to an aid example rather than Australian example; also, it'd be better with more specific examples.  Probably not the most important, but I'd recommend knowing one specific example for each aid priority.

Sample answers:
- gender equality and empowering women and girls: Australian aid runs the Pacific Women Shaping Pacific Development program, which works to increase women’s leadership in decision-making and access to financial services and markets
- education and health: Australian aid supports interventions to reduce malaria and improve access to anti-malarial drugs

See my notes for more info. :)

I would say something like the ADGs promote a varied diet that consists of plenty of vegetables, fruit, legumes and grains. These foods are high in fibre which is a protective factor against obesity as it promotes feelings of satiety. Also, the third guideline advises an individual to limit consumption of added alcohol which is energy dense, thus by decreasing intake of alcohol you decrease risk of obesity. I think I'd just link ADG/AGTHE/HEP to nutrition and how they promote protective factors against obesity :) For all 3 you could also probably say they promote water which contains no kilojoules so it can assist in providing a feeling of fullness without extra energy consumption

Excellent!  And always make sure you're specific to what that specific food model says or shows. :)
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

abbeyrose

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +27
« Reply #714 on: November 07, 2017, 04:13:40 pm »
How would the UN's action area 'Social and economic development' promote global health? TIA :)
2016-2017 (VCE): English, Legal Studies, Further Maths, HHD, Psychology, History: Global Empires
2019-: Monash University

Butterflygirl

• Trendsetter
  • An evil ferocious demon.
« Reply #715 on: November 07, 2017, 04:15:22 pm »
For interrelationship questions, why is it that such a small percentage of students (around 7%) get the full 6 marks? Because isn't there a set structure to be followed?

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #716 on: November 07, 2017, 04:20:21 pm »
+1
How would the UN's action area 'Social and economic development' promote global health? TIA :)

Can you give me your attempt at answering it/your ideas? :)

For interrelationship questions, why is it that such a small percentage of students (around 7%) get the full 6 marks? Because isn't there a set structure to be followed?

Not a clue.  I mean, in describe-a-program questions, typically about 1/3 of people get 0/3 or 0/4 marks... how?!  Given that these questions are entirely expected and come up every year.  And I think people just get scared when they get to the 6 markers.
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

isobelj

• Trailblazer
« Reply #717 on: November 07, 2017, 04:50:21 pm »
Is mortality strata A characterised by low adult mortality and very low child mortality, or very low adult mortality and very low child mortality? I’ve heard different things :/

abbeyrose

• Forum Regular
« Reply #718 on: November 07, 2017, 05:26:14 pm »
Can you give me your attempt at answering it/your ideas? :)

I never really know how to go about linking my answer to global health/ always mix it up with health status so bear with me. This is by no means my actual response and just my ideas, however, I was thinking somewhere along the lines that, in this area of action, the UN have developed the SDG's, some of which focus on eliminating hunger. By working to eliminate hunger, there would ultimately be a reduction in the incidence of malnutrition in populations worldwide. Thus, decreasing mortality rates due to hunger, and improving health outcomes globally. This sounds like I'm not on the right track?
2016-2017 (VCE): English, Legal Studies, Further Maths, HHD, Psychology, History: Global Empires

abbeyrose

• Forum Regular
« Reply #719 on: November 07, 2017, 05:28:49 pm »
+1
Is mortality strata A characterised by low adult mortality and very low child mortality, or very low adult mortality and very low child mortality? I’ve heard different things :/

From what I've gathered from the HTN lectures, I'm pretty sure there's some leniency with it this year and it can be either VL or L for adults? Correct me if I'm wrong.