Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 10:55:07 pm

Author Topic: VCE HHD Question Thread!  (Read 261959 times)  Share 

annie1973

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: bayside p-12 college
  • School Grad Year: 2017
Re: VCE HHD Question Thread!
« Reply #720 on: November 07, 2017, 06:47:12 pm »
Hi i just wanted to confirm whether we are still able to use the heart foundation tick program as a health-promotion program for a NHPA? I think i remember my teacher saying that program is no longer available/valid so we shouldn't use it?

lovelyperson

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +31
« Reply #721 on: November 07, 2017, 07:01:11 pm »
Hi i just wanted to confirm whether we are still able to use the heart foundation tick program as a health-promotion program for a NHPA? I think i remember my teacher saying that program is no longer available/valid so we shouldn't use it?

Yeah, don't use it. They've been phasing it out since the end of 2015 so it isn't a valid program anymore.

Butterflygirl

• Trendsetter
  • An evil ferocious demon.
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #722 on: November 07, 2017, 07:08:54 pm »
Yeah, don't use it. They've been phasing it out since the end of 2015 so it isn't a valid program anymore.

Omg what?? My school taught this program?? Should I learn a new one? Which one should I learn?

Butterflygirl

• Trendsetter
« Reply #723 on: November 07, 2017, 07:16:30 pm »
Actually, hold on, in the 2016 exam report, for the NHPA diabetes an option that students could've chosen is ''pick the tick''?

rpapa

• Trailblazer
« Reply #724 on: November 07, 2017, 07:36:46 pm »
Honestly, you are probs safer just avoiding it. if it makes you feel any better, we were never taught it  :)
VCE 2017 - English, Maths Methods, Chemistry, Legal Studies, Health
2018 - BSci @ UniMelb

ktrn-710

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #725 on: November 07, 2017, 07:54:59 pm »
Hi there, i was just wondering if we need to know specific health status variations between Indigenous vs non-Indigenous, males vs females, low vs high SES and rural and remote vs urban areas. For example, do we need to know that 'infant mortality is 1.5 times higher among Indigenous Australians' or can we just say that 'mortality is higher among Indigenous Australians than non-Indigenous Australians.' Thanks!

rpapa

• Trailblazer
« Reply #726 on: November 07, 2017, 08:33:41 pm »
+1
You don't have to memorize any specific statistics in health; regardless of the AOS. It is enough to say infant mortality rate is greater among Indigenous Australians than non-Indigenous.
2018 - BSci @ UniMelb

ktrn-710

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #727 on: November 07, 2017, 08:36:11 pm »
You don't have to memorize any specific statistics in health; regardless of the AOS. It is enough to say infant mortality rate is greater among Indigenous Australians than non-Indigenous.

Thank you so much! :)

rpapa

• Trailblazer
« Reply #728 on: November 07, 2017, 08:42:17 pm »
2018 - BSci @ UniMelb

Butterflygirl

• Trendsetter
« Reply #729 on: November 07, 2017, 11:29:51 pm »
Do we have to mention specifically how the dietary guideline can reduce prevalence of disease?
eg. do we have to say that it can be used in schools to teach children or do we just say 'if it is followed...'

dec.hargreaves

• Adventurer
« Reply #730 on: November 08, 2017, 09:45:59 am »
Do we have to mention specifically how the dietary guideline can reduce prevalence of disease?
eg. do we have to say that it can be used in schools to teach children or do we just say 'if it is followed...'
I doubt it would hurt to put that in. HHD always asks for examples and that's a good one to use

Butterflygirl

• Trendsetter
« Reply #731 on: November 08, 2017, 09:53:03 am »
Thanks to the previous answer!

And also guys, how do we structure responses on the Ottawa Charter action areas to make sure we get all the marks? because I always education in schools as the example (for develop personal skills), I don't know if thats a good enough response.

lovelyperson

• Trendsetter
« Reply #732 on: November 08, 2017, 12:01:46 pm »
+2
Actually, hold on, in the 2016 exam report, for the NHPA diabetes an option that students could've chosen is ''pick the tick''?

Yeah, as rpapa said it's best to avoid it. They probably allowed it in 2016 because it was only announced at the end of 2015. And plus, HHD is a very 'current' subject so it's best to use up-to-date information in your answers.  :)

Butterflygirl

• Trendsetter
« Reply #733 on: November 08, 2017, 12:14:18 pm »
Yeah, as rpapa said it's best to avoid it. They probably allowed it in 2016 because it was only announced at the end of 2015. And plus, HHD is a very 'current' subject so it's best to use up-to-date information in your answers.  :)

Would I able to discuss LiveLighter? Even though its more related to obesity? Because I just learnt some points about that one.

lovelyperson

• Trendsetter
« Reply #734 on: November 08, 2017, 12:18:58 pm »
+2
Would I able to discuss LiveLighter? Even though its more related to obesity? Because I just learnt some points about that one.

Yup! And tbh, you could even use LiveLighter for most of the NHPAs provided that you link it back to the NHPA correctly.