Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 07:21:29 pm

Author Topic: VCE HHD Question Thread!  (Read 261948 times)  Share 

dani.eric

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Flinders College
  • School Grad Year: 2017
Re: VCE HHD Question Thread!
« Reply #735 on: November 08, 2017, 12:29:46 pm »
Hi,
Some last minute help needed here. When discussing determinants that act as risk or protective factors for NHPA's, how do I relate early life experiences to conditions such as asthma? I often find social determinants quite difficult to connect to NHPA's, what other social determinants influence the onset of asthma?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance! :)

lovelyperson

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +31
« Reply #736 on: November 08, 2017, 01:00:45 pm »
+2
Hi,
Some last minute help needed here. When discussing determinants that act as risk or protective factors for NHPA's, how do I relate early life experiences to conditions such as asthma? I often find social determinants quite difficult to connect to NHPA's, what other social determinants influence the onset of asthma?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance! :)

Early life experiences: maternal smoking --> increased asthma risk
Social determinants: Low SES --> higher rate of smokers --> increased risk of developing asthma, poor housing --> poor ventilation --> exposure to dust and stuff (lol don't say this, can't think of the right word) --> increase asthma risk

lxndr

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #737 on: November 08, 2017, 01:26:35 pm »
While looking at the reasons for the injury prevention and control NHPA, Ive noticed my textbook (Jacaranda) claims the burden of disease for injuries to be 7% in 2010, but EngageWiki says 6.5%. How important is it that we get the correct stats, and which one is correct?

lovelyperson

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +31
« Reply #738 on: November 08, 2017, 01:51:02 pm »
+2
While looking at the reasons for the injury prevention and control NHPA, Ive noticed my textbook (Jacaranda) claims the burden of disease for injuries to be 7% in 2010, but EngageWiki says 6.5%. How important is it that we get the correct stats, and which one is correct?

Not important at all because you don't need to memorise any stats for the exam. Instead, just know what the stat suggests/reflects.

dani.eric

• Adventurer
  • School: Flinders College
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #739 on: November 08, 2017, 01:54:31 pm »
Early life experiences: maternal smoking --> increased asthma risk
Social determinants: Low SES --> higher rate of smokers --> increased risk of developing asthma, poor housing --> poor ventilation --> exposure to dust and stuff (lol don't say this, can't think of the right word) --> increase asthma risk

Thankyou!

xghostariax

• Adventurer
« Reply #740 on: November 08, 2017, 07:37:15 pm »
Could anyone recommend a program for the NHPA injury prevention and control that is relevant, easy to remember and good to use in the exam if a question for that particular NHPA comes up?? thanks!! :)

Maya24

• MOTM: OCT 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +114
« Reply #741 on: November 08, 2017, 08:36:29 pm »
Could anyone recommend a program for the NHPA injury prevention and control that is relevant, easy to remember and good to use in the exam if a question for that particular NHPA comes up?? thanks!! :)

I learnt the arrive alive program

MrUnknowwn

• Adventurer
« Reply #742 on: November 08, 2017, 08:46:18 pm »
+1

Learn the elmo stays safe program easy to remember elmo and sesame street!

xghostariax

• Adventurer
« Reply #743 on: November 08, 2017, 09:06:44 pm »
Okay cool!! Thank guys!! really appreciate it! :) :)

Butterflygirl

• Trendsetter
  • An evil ferocious demon.
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #744 on: November 08, 2017, 09:43:43 pm »
How would the private health system reflect values of the health system?

rpapa

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #745 on: November 08, 2017, 09:58:15 pm »
+1
Effective - Private Health Insurance allows people to access treatments such as elective surgery when required rather than being put on a waiting list. It also allows for choice of doctor and hospital for these said treatments. This allows patients to achieve desired outcomes to the highest standard in a reasonable time frame and have care tailored to their needs. Hence, making it effective
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 10:03:21 pm by rpapa »
VCE 2017 - English, Maths Methods, Chemistry, Legal Studies, Health
2018 - BSci @ UniMelb

xghostariax

• Adventurer
« Reply #746 on: November 08, 2017, 10:17:26 pm »
Another question, besides Nutrition Australia, what's another non-government organisation that promotes health eating? Could I use the Heart Foundation? Thanks  :) :)

Sunset.T

• Trailblazer
« Reply #747 on: November 08, 2017, 10:22:12 pm »
+1
Another question, besides Nutrition Australia, what's another non-government organisation that promotes health eating? Could I use the Heart Foundation? Thanks  :) :)

Yeah, in the text book it talks about the heart foundation straight after talking about nutrition Australia so I’d say you can use it
2017: HHD [42]
2018: Biology, English, Further Maths, PE

far0011

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #748 on: November 08, 2017, 10:32:12 pm »
Whats a literacy program and how was it been implemented in a developing country

Sunset.T

• Trailblazer
« Reply #749 on: November 08, 2017, 10:49:55 pm »
Whats a literacy program and how was it been implemented in a developing country

WE BLOOM by CARE Australia is a good one focusing on training local community members to deliver literacy and numeracy classes to those that need it and has a strong focus on girls. And also creates a youth committee to raise youth concerns to village elders
Can’t remember the country it was implemented in
2017: HHD [42]
2018: Biology, English, Further Maths, PE