Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 10:57:38 pm

Author Topic: VCE HHD Question Thread!  (Read 261960 times)  Share 

tashhhaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +152
Re: VCE HHD Question Thread!
« Reply #255 on: September 28, 2015, 06:29:13 pm »
From the free ones I've seen, they don't look brilliant (though don't write off all after trying one, as there are probably different authors).  I wouldn't do them in full, but probably skim them, answering the questions in your head/verbally - you'll still learn stuff, but not waste two full hours.  Of the ones I looked through last year, only Insight and QATS seemed VCAA-like to me.  Plus hopefully the one I wrote and posted on this board ;)

dumb question but where is this practise exam???
it's not on the resources thread?
(or maybe I'm blind)

EDIT:
Found it, thank you!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 06:32:07 pm by tashhhaaa »

Izzy1

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #256 on: October 01, 2015, 05:12:48 pm »
What is a biological determinant that is a risk factor for injuries? The text book only has a brief summary. TIA

girl1234

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • School Grad Year: 2015
« Reply #257 on: October 01, 2015, 09:48:52 pm »
+1
What is a biological determinant that is a risk factor for injuries? The text book only has a brief summary. TIA

i can only think of a age - elderly and children :D

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #258 on: October 02, 2015, 07:24:01 am »
+2

The hormone testosterone increases risk taking behaviours (e.g. unsafe driving and just generally being stupid like guys are) --> increases risk of injury.

Having low bone density (osteoporosis) also increases risk of injury - like it might not increase risk of falls, but if you do fall, you're more likely to be injured (i.e. have physical harm to the body).
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

emmakate

• Adventurer
  • She thought she could, so she did.
  • School: BW
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #259 on: October 03, 2015, 09:30:23 pm »
Hi! I have my last SAC on Monday and couldn't be more stressed. I was wondering if I could get some feedback on these questions? Thanks so much in advance.

Describe a literacy program that could be implemented in Pakistan to improve the levels of literacy.
Australian Red Cross’s ‘Human Writes’ literacy program aims to provide young women with opportunities to learn to read and write. Trained educators run free, community-based classes in small villages, aimed specifically at young women; these classes start at a low level and teach females basic literacy skills so that they can seek meaningful employment and therefore be able to generate an income for themselves and their families.

Use the program you discussed in part a. to analyse the interrelationships between health, human development and sustainability.
The ‘Human Writes’ program improves human development by providing access to knowledge through educational workshops and classes. This enables females with low literacy skills to learn to read and write, therefore enhancing and expanding their capabilities when it comes to employment. Having access to knowledge and the capability to attain employment results in social sustainability, as the daughter of an educated woman is, in turn, also more likely to be educated and attain employment herself. The sustainability of education leads to improved physical health of future generations, as educated women are more likely to understand health promotion messages and be aware of protective factors to health, such as the importance of immunisations and breastfeeding. This then improves their standard of living and enables them to lead long, productive lives in accordance with their needs and interests – promoting their human development.
"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it - because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman.

2015: Health & Human Development
2016: Psychology | Methods | English Language | Literature | Religion and Society

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #260 on: October 05, 2015, 07:07:24 am »
Hi! I have my last SAC on Monday and couldn't be more stressed. I was wondering if I could get some feedback on these questions? Thanks so much in advance.

Hey!  Sorry that you're stressed (you shouldn't be, those were both really good answers ;)), but be glad it's nearly over! :D  Hope this is helpful even if not in time.

1.  Good, enough detail :D (remember that it's 'could be implemented' so you don't have to have a real named program).

2.  Really good - concise but addresses everything and shows interrelationships nicely.  To confirm 6/6 rather than risking a 5/6, expand a bit on health (e.g. link to other dimensions or indicators of health, and explain  more precisely how it impacts, e.g. what specific diseases it impacts), and maybe sustainability (e.g. link to other dimensions, throw in more of the definition - but you really wouldn't need to change much).

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #261 on: October 05, 2015, 01:43:16 pm »
Just a general point in regard to practice exams:

I absolutely empathise with the vague nature of many of them. This is something that frustrated me endlessly (across a number of subjects) when I was in Year 12. However, I don't think there is any harm in completing them fully (on the assumption that there are no more pressing matters); even vague questions can prompt you to respond to questions in different ways.

Out of interest, which Engage exams have been most/least beneficial?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

emmakate

• Adventurer
  • She thought she could, so she did.
  • School: BW
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #262 on: October 05, 2015, 04:53:58 pm »
Hey!  Sorry that you're stressed (you shouldn't be, those were both really good answers ;)), but be glad it's nearly over! :D  Hope this is helpful even if not in time.

Thanks so much! It was in time, and it helped a lot. Thank you!  :D
"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it - because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman.

2015: Health & Human Development
2016: Psychology | Methods | English Language | Literature | Religion and Society

Losingmotivation

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • School: Some select entry
« Reply #263 on: October 05, 2015, 07:32:07 pm »
Hey everyone,  just looking for some feedback on how to purpose for an MDG should be written?

Should it be just all the targets chunked together (as in cambridge)
or more of a summary and explanation as in the Jacaranda?

Here is how Jacaranda puts it..
Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
PURPOSE: To redyce the lvel of pverty and hunger within developing countries through the development of strategies to promote employment opportunities, particularly for women and young people.
(that is much easier to remember than the way  cambridge puts it, but I dont know whether it covers everything to get the full marks if asked for the purpose of goal 1 etc.)

Thanks so much in advance!

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #264 on: October 05, 2015, 09:32:20 pm »
(on the assumption that there are no more pressing matters)

I totally agree with you, except that in life - for me at least - there always are more pressing matters. ;)

Hey everyone,  just looking for some feedback on how to purpose for an MDG should be written?

Should it be just all the targets chunked together (as in cambridge)
or more of a summary and explanation as in the Jacaranda?

Here is how Jacaranda puts it..
Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
PURPOSE: To redyce the lvel of pverty and hunger within developing countries through the development of strategies to promote employment opportunities, particularly for women and young people.
(that is much easier to remember than the way  cambridge puts it, but I dont know whether it covers everything to get the full marks if asked for the purpose of goal 1 etc.)

My guess is that either works.  I did, and prefer, a Cambridgian cool word style personally (reinforced by a VCAA Q on MDG 5 (improve maternal mortality) where there are two targets, and I think the report said that people who didn't do the second target didn't get full marks). (?)  But if a textbook says something, I'd assume it's good enough for full marks and you should be right!  If you do it this way, maybe expand a bit on what it hopes to achieve (the impact on health and HD).

Other opinions thoroughly invited.

tashhhaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +152
« Reply #265 on: October 05, 2015, 09:35:32 pm »
+1
Just a general point in regard to practice exams:

I absolutely empathise with the vague nature of many of them. This is something that frustrated me endlessly (across a number of subjects) when I was in Year 12. However, I don't think there is any harm in completing them fully (on the assumption that there are no more pressing matters); even vague questions can prompt you to respond to questions in different ways.

Out of interest, which Engage exams have been most/least beneficial?

I've only done Bio, English and HHD so:
Bio: easier than VCAA as they're shorter and less application based
HHD: bad for the most part since the questions are ridiculously vague
English: Only did one language analysis and it was fine

imaware

• Forum Regular
  • School: Private
« Reply #266 on: October 06, 2015, 09:52:05 pm »
Anyone know how many marks we can afford to drop to get in the 48-50 range?
This is given you are rank 1 or 2 with a 97% average

elysian

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #267 on: October 06, 2015, 10:02:38 pm »
Hey,
Do we learn 2015 WHO's 6 priority areas or the previous years one?

girl1234

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #268 on: October 06, 2015, 10:33:52 pm »
Has anyone been to the latest revision lecture by Andrew Beumont?? Still not 100% sure if i should go!

imaware

• Forum Regular
  • School: Private
« Reply #269 on: October 06, 2015, 10:42:19 pm »
Hey,
Do we learn 2015 WHO's 6 priority areas or the previous years one?

Best to know the new ones as stated on the study design
http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/Pages/correspondence/bulletins/2015/February/vce_curriculum.aspx#18

These are the ones (UNSHIT) is a good acronym to use
-Universal health coverage
-Non Communicable diseases
-Social, economic and environmental determinants
-Health related MDG's
-Increasing access to medical products
-The international health regulations