Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 09:42:17 pm

Author Topic: VCE HHD Question Thread!  (Read 261956 times)  Share 

imaware

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Private
  • School Grad Year: 2015
Re: VCE HHD Question Thread!
« Reply #270 on: October 06, 2015, 10:44:02 pm »
Has anyone been to the latest revision lecture by Andrew Beumont?? Still not 100% sure if i should go!

Yeah went to the exam revision lectures. He goes through the content very quickly and briefly, and i felt it was a good refresher of the things i already knew. Didn't really learn anything knew, but nonetheless the notes he gives you are pretty good.

girl1234

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #271 on: October 06, 2015, 11:38:29 pm »
Yeah went to the exam revision lectures. He goes through the content very quickly and briefly, and i felt it was a good refresher of the things i already knew. Didn't really learn anything knew, but nonetheless the notes he gives you are pretty good.

Thank for your reply! Did he go through much about mark allocation and areas of weakness in past years or mainly just content??

imaware

• Forum Regular
« Reply #272 on: October 06, 2015, 11:53:23 pm »
Was primarily content, although he spent a few minutes talking about subtle exam techniques and what not. Overall was pretty good :)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #273 on: October 08, 2015, 12:21:31 pm »
I (2012) found Beaumont extremely beneficial for the notes if nothing else.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

imaware

• Forum Regular
« Reply #274 on: October 08, 2015, 04:51:33 pm »
Would there ever ask you a question about a specific disease or condition within an NHPA?
For example for Dementia do i need to know in detail about : Vascular dementia, Alzheimers disease, Dementia with lewy bodies etc
and for Arthritis I know osteoporosis is important, but what about osteoarthritis, juvenile arthritis etc?

Thanks

emmakate

• Adventurer
  • She thought she could, so she did.
  • School: BW
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #275 on: October 10, 2015, 07:25:36 pm »
Hey all!
Just wondering: for the key knowledge dot point (from the study design) 'Health status of Australians compared with populations in other developed countries', what exactly is it that we need to know? A general idea of where Australia stands compared to other countries - ie. positive health status, life expectancy not as high as Japan's, room for improvement in non-communicable diseases?
Just feels a bit vague to me and I'm not sure if I'm over- or under-studying. Thanks in advance!  ;D
"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it - because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman.

2015: Health & Human Development
2016: Psychology | Methods | English Language | Literature | Religion and Society

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #276 on: October 10, 2015, 09:35:11 pm »
+2
Would there ever ask you a question about a specific disease or condition within an NHPA?
For example for Dementia do i need to know in detail about : Vascular dementia, Alzheimers disease, Dementia with lewy bodies etc
and for Arthritis I know osteoporosis is important, but what about osteoarthritis, juvenile arthritis etc?

Basically, I'd know that there are many conditions, and maybe a brief general knowledge of what they are, but definitely no detailed information necessary.  Dementias: no; just know that there are many types and an overall description of the dementia.  Arthritis/musc conditions: know an overall summary, + osteoporosis, and I also learnt osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis - however I don't think they'd be tested.  Know more generally that arthritis is related to wearing or destruction of joints.  Others include say mental health, which includes depression, anxiety, eating disorders, bipolar, autism etc.

Basically, know very vaguely what the sub-conditions are or involve, and you'll know more than enough.  (It's interesting though!)

Hey all!
Just wondering: for the key knowledge dot point (from the study design) 'Health status of Australians compared with populations in other developed countries', what exactly is it that we need to know? A general idea of where Australia stands compared to other countries - ie. positive health status, life expectancy not as high as Japan's, room for improvement in non-communicable diseases?
Just feels a bit vague to me and I'm not sure if I'm over- or under-studying. Thanks in advance!  ;D

Meh, I didn't learn a thing for this; it'll all be given in data, like in 2014's exam, which you analyse.
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

girl1234

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #277 on: October 13, 2015, 03:23:06 pm »
Hey guys, i need a bit of help with  a couple questions :)

1. What is the role of VicHealth in promoting health? 2 marks

2. Describe how an NGO promotes sustainable human development. 3 marks
- With this question, i'm not sure whether to link it to a program and say something like World Vision Australia implemented a HIV/Aids program in Zambia..... or to be broad and say they provide education etc which promotes shd.

3. And i'm not sure what to say when questions say 'justify' a reason why a health promotion program was implemented (in regards to NHPA's)

:) :) Thank you

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #278 on: October 14, 2015, 10:03:50 am »
+1
Hey guys, i need a bit of help with  a couple questions :)

1. What is the role of VicHealth in promoting health? 2 marks

That question is too vague for VCAA.  I'd probs think about their mission, priorities, and programs, and be like 'they aim to promote good health through supporting health promotion strategies in workplaces, schools and the broader community, targeting especially issues like healthy eating, physical activity, mental health, tobacco and alcohol...', and then it's like totally up to you whether you give examples of these programs, or how they impact health, or w/e.  Give enough random details about VicHealth's role and you'll get the marks!  (As I said, way too vague).

2. Describe how an NGO promotes sustainable human development. 3 marks
- With this question, i'm not sure whether to link it to a program and say something like World Vision Australia implemented a HIV/Aids program in Zambia..... or to be broad and say they provide education etc which promotes shd.
Either should be fine, I'd probably go with more specific, but if you explain 1-2 examples of what they do and how this promotes SHD (specifically), you'll be fine.

3. And i'm not sure what to say when questions say 'justify' a reason why a health promotion program was implemented (in regards to NHPA's)
As simple as, why do we need this program (what are our problems)?
- link to the reasons why the NHPA was selected, especially the specific conditions that that health promotion program addresses (i.e. what are the problems? why is it important that we fix them?)
- explain how the program would improve or fix this

mnafady2006

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #279 on: October 14, 2015, 03:00:42 pm »
When there is a question asking us about global health, do we refer to global health concerns such as HIV,malariaa, cancer, CVD etc
or do we refer to health status indicators and then just say "globally" "worldwide" "for all people" etc

Thanks
2015- English, Methods, Economics, Health

tashhhaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +152
« Reply #280 on: October 14, 2015, 06:08:25 pm »
When there is a question asking us about global health, do we refer to global health concerns such as HIV,malariaa, cancer, CVD etc
or do we refer to health status indicators and then just say "globally" "worldwide" "for all people" etc

Thanks

I have a similar question -- my teacher says for global health, refer to health (ie. PMS) and health status (indicators) but it ends up being too long winded for what is usually a 2 mark question

imaware

• Forum Regular
« Reply #281 on: October 14, 2015, 06:26:24 pm »
I have a similar question -- my teacher says for global health, refer to health (ie. PMS) and health status (indicators) but it ends up being too long winded for what is usually a 2 mark question

In my notes that i got from Andrew Beaumont's lecture, he said if you mention PMS when talking about global health, you get it wrong (because that is individual health) So yeah just a heads up haha

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #282 on: October 14, 2015, 07:21:12 pm »
Going off how I did it and how the assessor's report's (sole) example - health status indicators + phrases from global health definition.  If you do that, it's pretty safe and I can't see how you'd lose a mark.

Because it's how countries work together to achieve equity in health status etc., PMS doesn't work as that's an individual rather than population level - and it's about populations working together.

tashhhaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +152
« Reply #283 on: October 14, 2015, 07:59:50 pm »
Going off how I did it and how the assessor's report's (sole) example - health status indicators + phrases from global health definition.  If you do that, it's pretty safe and I can't see how you'd lose a mark.

Because it's how countries work together to achieve equity in health status etc., PMS doesn't work as that's an individual rather than population level - and it's about populations working together.

omg thank you so much guys, so I've been taught the wrong thing

knowing my school, of course

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #284 on: October 14, 2015, 08:30:19 pm »
+1
^To be fair, I think it's a bit of a grey area. I used PMS for individual health and health status indicators for global health, but nobody seemed to be entirely sure.

All of the above advice seems sound, though!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.