Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 09:42:32 pm

Author Topic: VCE HHD Question Thread!  (Read 261956 times)  Share 

tashhhaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +152
Re: VCE HHD Question Thread!
« Reply #285 on: October 14, 2015, 10:33:31 pm »
y'all are 50ers so I trust you haha

(maybe imaware will be too ;) )

imaware

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Private
  • School Grad Year: 2015
« Reply #286 on: October 14, 2015, 11:06:03 pm »
y'all are 50ers so I trust you haha

(maybe imaware will be too ;) )

Haha, we're in this together, lets both get 50's!
How's your revision going for health? been revising the content or going straight into exams?

tashhhaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #287 on: October 14, 2015, 11:45:45 pm »
Haha, we're in this together, lets both get 50's!
How's your revision going for health? been revising the content or going straight into exams?

pfft I wish, the average SS at my school is 25 (or maybe it's less now...)

i've done a couple of exams (one at school and one by my own choice), not too much just reading over notes and doing some random practise questions here and there since I'm pretty comfortable with most of the course

what about you?

oh and this is for anyone, how many marks can we lose on the exam to get 50s?

TrebleClef

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +4
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #288 on: October 15, 2015, 10:24:36 am »
+1
pfft I wish, the average SS at my school is 25 (or maybe it's less now...)

oh and this is for anyone, how many marks can we lose on the exam to get 50s?

Don't let that put you off, the average at my school was less than 25 SS as well, and although I got 45+ but not a 50, that was due to missing a few definition questions (Yes, losing easy marks  :(). As long as you stand out in your cohort, they won't affect your score.
As far as I know, you can lose 2-3 marks to get a 50, but I'm not 100% sure.

Good luck with the exam, I'm sure you guys will all do absolutely amazing!
2015-2017: Bachelor of Science @UoM

tashhhaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #289 on: October 15, 2015, 09:52:56 pm »
Don't let that put you off, the average at my school was less than 25 SS as well, and although I got 45+ but not a 50, that was due to missing a few definition questions (Yes, losing easy marks  :(). As long as you stand out in your cohort, they won't affect your score.
As far as I know, you can lose 2-3 marks to get a 50, but I'm not 100% sure.

Good luck with the exam, I'm sure you guys will all do absolutely amazing!

thank you for the advice!
just wondering, what were you focusing on in the last few weeks till the exam?
I know I have to fine tune a couple of things but that will all be done in a couple of days -- then what?

girl1234

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #290 on: October 15, 2015, 10:38:46 pm »
Andrew Beaumont said that the highest exam mark he saw was low 90's (i think it was 94%) he then said that student would've gotten a 50 no doubt. Just saying :-)

TrebleClef

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +4
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #291 on: October 15, 2015, 11:16:37 pm »
thank you for the advice!
just wondering, what were you focusing on in the last few weeks till the exam?
I know I have to fine tune a couple of things but that will all be done in a couple of days -- then what?

I just looked through practice exams, doing them verbally/in dot point form, and do the 6 mark application questions, as I'd run out of time to complete that many in full. Kept going over definitions and the programs etc, as I have a horrible memory, and if I didn't keep going over it, I would forget it extremely quickly.
However, everyone is different, so look into the areas you feel you're weaker in, and polish it up.

Andrew Beaumont said that the highest exam mark he saw was low 90's (i think it was 94%) he then said that student would've gotten a 50 no doubt. Just saying :-)
Well then, I was way off the mark, oops. That's awesome though, a few small errors won't cost you the top marks.  :D
2015-2017: Bachelor of Science @UoM

tashhhaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #292 on: October 15, 2015, 11:39:03 pm »
I just looked through practice exams, doing them verbally/in dot point form, and do the 6 mark application questions, as I'd run out of time to complete that many in full. Kept going over definitions and the programs etc, as I have a horrible memory, and if I didn't keep going over it, I would forget it extremely quickly.
However, everyone is different, so look into the areas you feel you're weaker in, and polish it up.
Well then, I was way off the mark, oops. That's awesome though, a few small errors won't cost you the top marks.  :D

thanks guys!

hopefully health markers aren't too stingy then, that actually seems alright

so basically you would get in the high 40s with a result approx.  >85%

tashhhaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #293 on: October 15, 2015, 11:48:10 pm »
if a question says

explain how ___ program could promote sustainable human development, do we refer to affordable/equitable/appropriateness or social/economic/environmental sustainability?

imaware

• Forum Regular
  • School: Private
« Reply #294 on: October 16, 2015, 06:48:37 am »
+1
if a question says

explain how ___ program could promote sustainable human development, do we refer to affordable/equitable/appropriateness or social/economic/environmental sustainability?
Whenever a question asks about "Sustainable Human Development" it is asking you to talk about the aspects of
Health ( PMS, could take about global health too) - both if you can
Human Development ( just chunks from the definition)
Sustainability ( i like to break it down into the social/economic/environmental sustainability and discuss 1 or 2)

If a question says Explain using the "Elements of Sustainability how a program is sustainable then you should refer to the affordable/equitable and appropriate aspects of sustainability, making sure to make a clear think between the case study and what the elements of sustainability entail - essentially the definitions.

tashhhaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #295 on: October 16, 2015, 07:55:07 am »
Whenever a question asks about "Sustainable Human Development" it is asking you to talk about the aspects of
Health ( PMS, could take about global health too) - both if you can
Human Development ( just chunks from the definition)
Sustainability ( i like to break it down into the social/economic/environmental sustainability and discuss 1 or 2)

If a question says Explain using the "Elements of Sustainability how a program is sustainable then you should refer to the affordable/equitable and appropriate aspects of sustainability, making sure to make a clear think between the case study and what the elements of sustainability entail - essentially the definitions.

thank you!
i've been confused by this because I was taught that whenever you see 'program' use AAE but I knew this was incorrect...
On a SAC we had a similar question and I got it wrong because I did it the way you described lol dodgy af...

girl1234

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #296 on: October 17, 2015, 09:28:47 am »
Hey guys, with the role of the Australian Government's Aid, would we have to know specific examples of where the aid was given?
For example: Provided bilateral funds to gain increased access to safe water.....
or:    Provided bilateral funds to the government in Indonesia to develop increased access to safe water.

Hope that makes sense?

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #297 on: October 17, 2015, 09:40:33 am »
+1
Hey guys, with the role of the Australian Government's Aid, would we have to know specific examples of where the aid was given?
For example: Provided bilateral funds to gain increased access to safe water.....
or:    Provided bilateral funds to the government in Indonesia to develop increased access to safe water.

Hope that makes sense?

I would definitely know 1-2 programs in detail (including where implemented), but other than that, you don't need to know specifics - just know in general what the govt is doing for each priority, and I doubt they'd ask anything specific.

P.S.
^To be fair, I think it's a bit of a grey area. I used PMS for individual health and health status indicators for global health, but nobody seemed to be entirely sure.

In 2012, global health was different (there's been a distinct clarification since then).  But fully agree - this is perhaps the greyest area of the course for me ::)
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

girl1234

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #298 on: October 17, 2015, 09:55:10 am »
I would definitely know 1-2 programs in detail (including where implemented), but other than that, you don't need to know specifics - just know in general what the govt is doing for each priority, and I doubt they'd ask anything specific.

P.S.
In 2012, global health was different (there's been a distinct clarification since then).  But fully agree - this is perhaps the greyest area of the course for me ::)

By programs, is that like DFAT run programs that can address a few of the priorities. Not sure if you've heard of it, but like 'Seeds For Life in East Timor?'

Also, whats the difference between interrelationships between hhd and sustainability questions and just promoting shd ??

tashhhaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #299 on: October 17, 2015, 12:10:00 pm »

wait what's the clarification o.O