Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 09:52:37 pm

Author Topic: VCE HHD Question Thread!  (Read 261956 times)  Share 

girl1234

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2015
Re: VCE HHD Question Thread!
« Reply #300 on: October 17, 2015, 12:31:03 pm »
+2
wait what's the clarification o.O

The following clarification has been provided in response to queries about how the term ‘health’ applies to the concepts of global health and sustainable human development. The terms ‘global health’ and ‘sustainable human development’ are used extensively in VCE Health and Human Development Unit 4: Global health and human development.

The term ‘global health’ extends beyond the individual and is concerned with the health of populations. Global health is about an international collaborative approach to achieve equality for all people worldwide.

Health is also linked to the concept of sustainable human development, however this is different from global health because it takes into account either the dimensions of health at an individual level (the physical, social and mental aspects) or measures of health status (for example mortality or morbidity rates). When people are healthy, they are more able to attend school, work and earn an income that gives them greater choice and control over their lives and therefore contribute to human development. Alternatively, if people can access education, they have greater choices in employment and a greater capacity to earn an income, which means they are able to feed their families, which could reduce the mortality rate for children aged under five years.

The concepts of global health and health as part of sustainable human development represent different perspectives of health. For assessment purposes, if asked to discuss global health and sustainable human development together, students should refer to health at both population and individual levels.

Thats from the VCAA website :-)

tashhhaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +152
« Reply #301 on: October 17, 2015, 01:25:00 pm »
The following clarification has been provided in response to queries about how the term ‘health’ applies to the concepts of global health and sustainable human development. The terms ‘global health’ and ‘sustainable human development’ are used extensively in VCE Health and Human Development Unit 4: Global health and human development.

The term ‘global health’ extends beyond the individual and is concerned with the health of populations. Global health is about an international collaborative approach to achieve equality for all people worldwide.

Health is also linked to the concept of sustainable human development, however this is different from global health because it takes into account either the dimensions of health at an individual level (the physical, social and mental aspects) or measures of health status (for example mortality or morbidity rates). When people are healthy, they are more able to attend school, work and earn an income that gives them greater choice and control over their lives and therefore contribute to human development. Alternatively, if people can access education, they have greater choices in employment and a greater capacity to earn an income, which means they are able to feed their families, which could reduce the mortality rate for children aged under five years.

The concepts of global health and health as part of sustainable human development represent different perspectives of health. For assessment purposes, if asked to discuss global health and sustainable human development together, students should refer to health at both population and individual levels.

Thats from the VCAA website :-)

thank you!
so the take home message is
global health = health in populations/health status indicators
global health and SHD = health (PMS) and health status

imaware

• Forum Regular
  • School: Private
« Reply #302 on: October 18, 2015, 10:59:35 am »
Just confirming

If a question asks for example how education impacts on sustainable human development. Can we just break down the 3 concepts of Health/HD/sustainability and address them separately? What i mean is that we don't need to show any interrelationship or flow on from the other concepts in our answers true?

tashhhaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #303 on: October 18, 2015, 11:39:06 am »
+1

Just confirming

If a question asks for example how education impacts on sustainable human development. Can we just break down the 3 concepts of Health/HD/sustainability and address them separately? What i mean is that we don't need to show any interrelationship or flow on from the other concepts in our answers true?

Using this

I'd say treat it like an interrelationships question. I always do it that way because I find that's its also easier in my opinion.

hutchinm

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • School: mikaylahutchins
« Reply #304 on: October 22, 2015, 07:02:23 pm »
+1
Hey guys, I know that vcaa didnt release answers for the sample exam 2014 but is there anyone who has posted their answers?
Thanks!

coolbeans

• Adventurer
« Reply #305 on: October 22, 2015, 07:31:41 pm »
Could someone help me out with social and environmental characteristics of developed and developing countries, with some examples?  :-*

girl1234

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #306 on: October 22, 2015, 08:35:35 pm »
+2
Hey guys, I know that vcaa didnt release answers for the sample exam 2014 but is there anyone who has posted their answers?
Thanks!

I was wondering the same thing!! Hopefully there are some answers!

Could someone help me out with social and environmental characteristics of developed and developing countries, with some examples?  :-*
Social Developing
- Gender Inequality
- Lower education and employment levels
- High Poverty (links with economic)

Environmental Developing
- Poor housing
- Poor water and sanitation access

Hope that helped :D

Losingmotivation

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • School: Some select entry
« Reply #307 on: October 24, 2015, 06:45:05 pm »
What percentage/mark is considered an A+ in the HHD exam?

:) :)

imaware

• Forum Regular
  • School: Private
« Reply #308 on: October 24, 2015, 06:54:16 pm »
What percentage/mark is considered an A+ in the HHD exam?

:) :)

According to last years exam, you'd have to get 78.5 % to get an A+
Take a look at this : http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/Documents/statistics/2014/section3/vce_health_and_human_development_ga14.pdf

tashhhaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #309 on: October 24, 2015, 10:01:46 pm »
According to last years exam, you'd have to get 78.5 % to get an A+
Take a look at this : http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/Documents/statistics/2014/section3/vce_health_and_human_development_ga14.pdf

would that mean you need about 85% correct to crack the 45+ range?

iClinton

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #310 on: October 25, 2015, 05:38:12 pm »
Interrelationship between Health, HD and sustainability
If a question told you to - Explain the interrelationships between health, human development and sustainability.

How would you write it
Got told by my teacher that you can space it out by paragraph structure
E.g. One paragraph on Health, another on HD, another on Sustainability
But when i went to the TSFX lecture, the lecturer said to not use paragraphs

girl1234

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #311 on: October 25, 2015, 06:05:19 pm »
+1
Interrelationship between Health, HD and sustainability
If a question told you to - Explain the interrelationships between health, human development and sustainability.

How would you write it
Got told by my teacher that you can space it out by paragraph structure
E.g. One paragraph on Health, another on HD, another on Sustainability
But when i went to the TSFX lecture, the lecturer said to not use paragraphs

You shouldn't use paragraphs because it would mean you're not showing the interrelationships between them. If you do one paragraph on each you can't get full marks because you need do clearly show how one effects the other. Make sense? :)

iClinton

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #312 on: October 25, 2015, 07:42:28 pm »
You shouldn't use paragraphs because it would mean you're not showing the interrelationships between them. If you do one paragraph on each you can't get full marks because you need do clearly show how one effects the other. Make sense? :)

Yep thanks

iClinton

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #313 on: October 27, 2015, 01:39:08 pm »
Do we need to know the dot points under the australian dietary guidelines
for e.g.  Under Guideline 3, it has 3 dotpoints broken into a,b,c - do we need them for the exam?

angietuffnell

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
« Reply #314 on: October 27, 2015, 02:19:48 pm »
I have a question!!
How would be the best way to describe the interrelationships between health, human development and sustainability??