Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 06:23:35 pm

Author Topic: VCE HHD Question Thread!  (Read 261943 times)  Share 

sashya1998

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: patterson river secondary college
Re: VCE HHD Question Thread!
« Reply #345 on: November 03, 2015, 05:56:08 pm »
What is a question on DFAT likely to be  ???

Rae97

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • School: Sacred Heart College Oakleigh
« Reply #346 on: November 03, 2015, 06:03:57 pm »
Does anyone have a prediction of what the NHPA is going to be on this years exam? I know some schools have teachers who predict these things each year...

~V

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +14
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #347 on: November 03, 2015, 07:11:06 pm »
Does anyone have a prediction of what the NHPA is going to be on this years exam? I know some schools have teachers who predict these things each year...
Last year it was really obvious it was going to be dementia because its the new NHPA introduced in 2012, and it wasnt on the 2013 exam. Im going to go with Mental health or Arthritis and musculoskeletal conditions.

Shouldn't matter? But it'll be along the lines of Australia has given aid to create a program introduced to control some infectious disease so how does that influence their health status but don't stress they'll give you adequate information you need to answer the question.
Good luck all!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 07:24:17 pm by ~V »
November 6th 2014 5.15pm
Class of 2014! :D

girl1234

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • School Grad Year: 2015
« Reply #348 on: November 03, 2015, 07:47:51 pm »
What program do you guys use for immunisations??? Thanks :D

also if we are referring to type 2 diabetes, do we have to say type 2 diabetes mellitus?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 07:51:44 pm by girl1234 »

Losingmotivation

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • School: Some select entry
« Reply #349 on: November 03, 2015, 07:48:26 pm »
Anybody else feeling too burnt out to try anymore? >,<

girl1234

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #350 on: November 03, 2015, 07:52:11 pm »

yes, your profile name sums it up haha

girl1234

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #351 on: November 04, 2015, 09:15:24 am »
If a question says describe the NHPA Mental Health (2 Marks) what would you say?

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #352 on: November 04, 2015, 09:29:25 am »
+1

so is this an improved answer?
(I only added a couple of sentences at the start, can you please clarify this further?) :)
The UN employs disarmament, peacekeeping and conflict mediation, which could decrease risk of disputes turning into violent conflicts. Conflict leads to crop destruction, destroyed infrastructure and injury from violence. Preventing conflict and keeping peace leads to a safer environment where individuals are not at a safety risk. Therefore, they may be able to continue to work and go to school, enabling them to develop to their full potential and enhancing their capabilities and choices as they are empowered to have wider employment options. If tensions are resolved it is unlikely that they will arise again in the future which enables both current and future generations to have same same ability to attend school and work. This means they are more likely to have better employment prospects in the future, allowing them to be able to afford health promoting resources such as nutritious food, thus reducing morbidity and mortality from malnutrition and improving the health status of the country, leading to equity in health status worldwide.

and wow you took a day off for us?! you're more dedicated than all of my teachers combined, thank you!

That's really good - my only (slight) quibble is the first thing on 'conflict leads to crop destruction' - if you're not explaining how that impacts on GH/SHD, don't put it in as it doesn't get the marks, and could put the examiner off right from the start.  Try to cut out more examples, and make sure that you put in enough detail on each example you DO choose.  Still - great work!

Oh, and, had way too much stuff to do so I was like 'I need a day off sometime... might as well make it HHD exam day'.  I loved basking in the joy of sleeping in till 6:30 (:P), so you've all done me a good turn ;D

For Unit 4 AOS 2 when we have to learn a program on literacy, food security, HIV/Aids etc does it have to be a program that has already been implemented, or could we make it up?
And if we do make it up should we given it a name to make it sound realistic?
For example " The United Nations Global Immunisation Initiative" or something like that?

Thanks

Definitely learn real programs; there are two types of questions:
a.  Describe a program that has been implemented... -> real program
b.  Describe a program that could be implemented... -> made up or real program, your choice

You do have to give a name for a but not for b.  If you haven't learnt a real program and get an a question, then yes, make it up and make the name as absolutely realistic as possible (choosing a less common NGO is pretty good, because chances are the examiner won't know whether it's true or false).  e.g. 'The NGO TEAR Australia implemented their Immunisation Initiative in developing countries such as...'

So if the exam q asked u to explain the difference u would say that?
Basically incidence new cases, prevalence old ?

So prevalence is EVERYONE who's sick right now - no matter whether they were diagnosed 30 years ago, or yesterday, it's all the guys in our population that have a disease.  So at any random point if we counted up everyone in Australia that's got a disease, that's prevalence.  But incidence is the new guys; so it's like counting up how many people have got diagnosed with a disease in the last year.

To explain the difference, you'd just say:
'Incidence is [definition], whereas prevalence is [definition]'.  To highlight the key differences, you could underline key opposite words (like 'new' and 'already existing' cases).

The sorts of questions they could ask are:
- what priority does [a program/case study they give you] meet?
- name a program and describe it
- outline one program DFAT has run
- how does DFAT or a particular priority or program promote health, health status, HD, global health, SHD, etc.

Basically, just make sure you know the 6 priorities (HEE HEE), a bit of detail of what each involves, and one program DFAT has run, and the rest is skills of interpreting their case studies and linking to the impacts.

What program do you guys use for immunisations??? Thanks :D

also if we are referring to type 2 diabetes, do we have to say type 2 diabetes mellitus?

GAVI (you have the notes), or the Red Cross Measles/Rubella one from the Cambridge textbook, from memory.

No, you don't.

Just push through these few more hours, feel free to take a rest before the exam, and it'll be over soon!  Remember to rest after your exam too to be okay for the next exams.  If you feel you have to do something, do something that'll have the clearest impact on your final score, and explain to yourself how important it is - that always helped me.  Try thinking about how excited you'll be when you get a good mark (and why you want a good mark), and how disappointed you'll be if you get a bad mark (and why it'd hurt you to get a bad mark).  But remember to take a rest and not try to push through when you're totally over it!

If a question says describe the NHPA Mental Health (2 Marks) what would you say?

Mental health is... [super-brief summary of the mental health definition].  This NHPA aims to improve mental health and reduce the impact/risk of mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety disorders, eating disorders, and bipolar. 

That was made up on the spot - there's no precisely right or wrong answer, but coming up with something like that should pull you the marks.
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

girl1234

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #353 on: November 04, 2015, 09:48:48 am »
Just also wanted to make sure, is the kid's helpline an okay program for mental health? i haven't heard of anyone else doing it, just wanted to check :)

And also, is it okay to say for federal government, management and funding of medicare and PBS?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 09:58:08 am by girl1234 »

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #354 on: November 04, 2015, 10:19:37 am »
+1
Just also wanted to make sure, is the kid's helpline an okay program for mental health? i haven't heard of anyone else doing it, just wanted to check :)

And also, is it okay to say for federal government, management and funding of medicare and PBS?

Yep, that's fine, as long as you have enough details in how it runs or is implemented and the impact it has, because a helpline is a pretty basic single thing so there's probably not much to talk about.

Yes, that's correct.

emmakate

• Adventurer
  • She thought she could, so she did.
  • School: BW
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #355 on: November 04, 2015, 11:28:11 am »
Having a world of trouble posting this (error messages for an hour) so hopefully this posts properly. :(
Just wondering - can we use determinant examples more than once throughout the paper, if it doesn't explicitly say not to? For example, if I use Biological (Body Weight) on Question 3, can I then use it again in Question 7? TIA and good luck to everyone!
"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it - because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman.

2015: Health & Human Development
2016: Psychology | Methods | English Language | Literature | Religion and Society

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #356 on: November 04, 2015, 11:33:59 am »
Having a world of trouble posting this (error messages for an hour) so hopefully this posts properly. :(
Just wondering - can we use determinant examples more than once throughout the paper, if it doesn't explicitly say not to? For example, if I use Biological (Body Weight) on Question 3, can I then use it again in Question 7? TIA and good luck to everyone!

Definitely :)

(should've warned everyone to get their questions out before 10.15 this morning :P and note that often an error message shows up but refreshing immediately breaks through that)

girl1234

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #357 on: November 04, 2015, 01:38:54 pm »
What would you say for 'describe the NHPA arthritis and musculoskeletal conditions?' thanks!!!

sunshine98

« Reply #358 on: November 04, 2015, 02:17:40 pm »
What would you say for 'describe the NHPA arthritis and musculoskeletal conditions?' thanks!!!
Musculoskeletal conditions are ill health related to joints , muscles and bones. This included arthritis -a disorder of one or more bones - osteoarthritis- a group of diseases characterised by degradation of bones and cartilage causing inflammation , pain and locking.Also other forms of arthritis  such as rheumatoid arthritis -which is a chronic inflammatory autoimmune disease fall under this umbrella, as well as osteoporosis which refers to the thinning of bone density and literally refers to "porous bones".
I do think this is a bit too much info, obvs write info according to mark allocations.
Hope this helps  :)

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #359 on: November 04, 2015, 02:37:26 pm »
+2
Weighing in quickly - arthritis is to do with pain and stiffness of joints not bones. :)

All the best with this exam guys... I'm sure all the hard work of this year will pay off!  Can't wait to hear how it goes for you all :D