Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 07:43:07 pm

Author Topic: VCE HHD Question Thread!  (Read 261951 times)  Share 

avince

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Re: VCE HHD Question Thread!
« Reply #405 on: April 01, 2016, 01:41:26 pm »
Thanks a lot!!! I will definitely try your method.
Biology (41)

English I Chemistry I Further Mathematics I Health and Human Development I Geography I

randyz

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • School: Melbourne High
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #406 on: April 02, 2016, 04:06:42 pm »
Could someone please  help me with these questions, thanks in advance ;)

1) How does polyunsaturated fats and monounsaturated fats decrease the chance of Diabetes Mellitus?
2) Do we need to know the process of ossification?

« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 11:54:55 am by randyz »

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #407 on: April 13, 2016, 07:07:55 pm »
+3

1) How does polyunsaturated fats and monounsaturated fats decrease the chance of Diabetes Mellitus?
2) Do we need to know the process of ossification?

1)  Genuinely didn't know the answer to this.  Google it, but they're not likely to ask you anything as specific as that in the exam.
2)  No.

Hi,
I need help with these questions, (Cambridge VCE HHD pg. 203,205 and 216)
1.Explain how the Ottawa charter represents the principles of the social model of health.
2. Discuss how the Sunsmart Schools initiative reflects the elements or priority action areas outlined in the Ottawa Charter.
Key Questions (Pg. 216 of textbook)
3.Identify the commitment of Vic Health.
4.Explain the steps that the Australian government has taken to implement the aims of the Ottawa Charter for Health promotion.
5.Explain Vic Health's focus/strategic imperatives

Thanks

Can you give them a go, post your ideas, and then we can go from there?  It's not much help me just spooning you an answer, because this is about learning how to think for yourself and apply what you know to specific cases.
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

tashhhaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +152
« Reply #408 on: April 13, 2016, 07:43:29 pm »

My textbook from last year (Jacaranda Key Concepts) just states that polyunsaturated fats "may decrease the impact of impaired glucose regulation and reduce the risk of diabetes mellitus" if you want to go by that

gemmaruffin

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +53
« Reply #409 on: April 17, 2016, 03:47:39 pm »
Hi,
Just wondering what scores are necessary to achieve a 45+ and possibly a 50?
So far I'm on 30/30 for my first SAC, and 28/30 for my second.
I'm doing 3/4 as a year 11 so I really want to do well, so I just want to know what scores I'll be needing.
Thanks!
2016 - HHD (49)
2017 - Bio (41), Chem, Italian, English (43), Methods

Happy to help out with any HHD questions, and remember - there is life after VCE :)

girl1234

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • School Grad Year: 2015
« Reply #410 on: April 20, 2016, 05:52:36 pm »
+1
Hi,
Just wondering what scores are necessary to achieve a 45+ and possibly a 50?
So far I'm on 30/30 for my first SAC, and 28/30 for my second.
I'm doing 3/4 as a year 11 so I really want to do well, so I just want to know what scores I'll be needing.
Thanks!

Well from what i know, it doesn't really matter what you get on your sacs as actual results, you could be getting 80's but it's your rank that matters most - you'll want to be in the top 3 (ideally first!)! And most importantly, your exam performance!!! As a year 11, you should be able to put your all into your 3/4 subject(s) exam because really, year 11 is irrelevant and don't even worry about them while your doing your 3/4 exams  :)
From my experience, i averaged 97% in unit 3 and 98% in unit 4 and was ranked number 1 and i got a 45. I think this says that my schools sacs were easier than they should have been, but nevertheless, it's still a good result :)

huehue

• Trailblazer
« Reply #411 on: May 11, 2016, 05:46:01 pm »
Hello! For the question "Explain how Medicare may influence the health status of Australians (3 marks)", how would you structure it? I was thinking about having a brief explanation of medicare, a general statement saying that it increases health status, and an example of how it increases health status (linking medicare to health status indicators). But Engage Wiki suggested that you sjpi;d have a brief statement explaining medicare, a general impact of medicare on health and a link to health status of Australians. This structure is very different from mine, but do you think I would still get the full marks if I wrote it my way? Thanks in advance for all help : )

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #412 on: May 12, 2016, 11:44:04 am »
Hello! For the question "Explain how Medicare may influence the health status of Australians (3 marks)", how would you structure it? I was thinking about having a brief explanation of medicare, a general statement saying that it increases health status, and an example of how it increases health status (linking medicare to health status indicators). But Engage Wiki suggested that you sjpi;d have a brief statement explaining medicare, a general impact of medicare on health and a link to health status of Australians. This structure is very different from mine, but do you think I would still get the full marks if I wrote it my way? Thanks in advance for all help : )

If I'm understanding you correctly, your structure isn't that different to the one suggested by the Engage Wiki.

Your structure:
- Brief explanation of Medicare
- General statement of impact on health status
- Example of impact on health status

Engage Wiki structure:
- Brief explanation of Medicare
- General statement of impact on health
- Example of impact on health status

So the only difference that I can see is that your second point links Medicare directly to health status, whilst Engage suggests linking it to health first. For what it's worth, I would personally go with the latter, but I don't think it will make too much difference. But I think linking it to health in general first would better demonstrate your understanding of the interlinking nature of the entire course. For example, improved physical health due to [xyz], which has an impact on health status through [whatever health status indicator you want to use].

I think Engage's response would sort of incorporate your last two points into one (the last one). So yeah, I personally agree with Engage.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

katenoble

• Fresh Poster
  • School: Melbourne Girls' College
« Reply #413 on: May 18, 2016, 04:58:48 pm »
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if any of you would be able to help me answer:

1. Explain how two or more priority areas of the Ottawa charter could be used to reduce the incidence of:
(a) obesity
(b) cancer
(c) mental health issues

THANK YOUU!!! :) :) :) :) :)

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #414 on: May 18, 2016, 05:02:18 pm »
+1
@katenoble, what are you stuck on?  What ideas do you have so far?  How about you show us your attempt first? :)
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

nicnia

• Adventurer
  • School: Wyndham Central College
« Reply #415 on: May 24, 2016, 06:54:08 pm »
I have a SAC next week on the health promotion strategies such as the Ottawa Charter, VicHealth and also on govt funded programs eg. Medicare, PBS. I'm finding it really hard to study for these because there's so much to remember!! Anyone have any tips?

girl1234

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • School Grad Year: 2015
« Reply #416 on: May 29, 2016, 02:05:43 am »
+1
Making acronyms helped me heaps for that SAC :D

tashhhaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +152
« Reply #417 on: May 30, 2016, 08:56:30 pm »
Making acronyms helped me heaps for that SAC :D

this

eg. Bad Cats Smell Dead Rats for the Ottawa Charter
Build healthy public policy
Create supportive environments
Strengthen community action
Develop personal skills
Reorient health services

there are endless possibilities, definitely make some of your own (very effective since I still remember the ones I used now)

scout

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +38
« Reply #418 on: June 01, 2016, 06:42:36 pm »
Values of Australia's health care system - 'responsive' vs 'effective'? What's the difference?

My textbook defines 'responsive' as treating people with respect and ensuring that the health system is client-oriented. I found this quite similar to the definition for 'effective': relates to achieving desired outcomes in an appropriate timeframe and in a way tailored to individual needs of the patient.

Sometimes health programs are client-oriented (which is what both values are about) but they don't show if they are 'treating people with respect' or 'achieving outcomes in an appropriate timeframe', leaving you with limited means to decide which of the two values it's reflecting. E.g. a health promotion program targeting rural population health.
ATAR: 99.70

leiaorgana

• Fresh Poster
  • School: Balwyn High School
« Reply #419 on: June 01, 2016, 08:47:28 pm »
this

eg. Bad Cats Smell Dead Rats for the Ottawa Charter
Build healthy public policy
Create supportive environments
Strengthen community action
Develop personal skills
Reorient health services

there are endless possibilities, definitely make some of your own (very effective since I still remember the ones I used now)

Same!! My teacher recommended that we use DR. SCaB for the Ottawa Charter (i hope the missing 'A' doesn't throw people off but it's easier to think of it as scab)
Sending positive vibes for your SAC, OP! ;)
WARNING: i have really terrible grammar

2016: Health and Human Development
2017: Maths Methods | English Language | Accounting | Chemistry | Psychology