Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 04:31:50 pm

Author Topic: VCE HHD Question Thread!  (Read 261931 times)  Share 

Meenumanickam

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Avila
  • School Grad Year: 2017
Re: VCE HHD Question Thread!
« Reply #480 on: October 27, 2016, 06:07:06 pm »
What does a question mean when it asks justify? Please give a example

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #481 on: October 27, 2016, 06:48:27 pm »
Hi guys, can someone please dot point a brief outline for all the points we should mention when describing a program for NHPAs and the programs for addressing global issues (such as HIV/Malaria etc)

Also, do we need to know NGO programs that are already implemented?

For programs, mention:
•   who is running the program
•   what program it is (name)
•   where the program is being run (ideally, which country)
•   what the goals are
•   how the program is being run/implemented <-- most important
•   the expected outcomes (e.g. impact on GH, SHD or BOD from NHPA, how it achieves malaria reduction)

Generally, NHPAs (Unit 3) don't need as much information or detail as programs for developing countries (Unit 4).  Obviously a 3-marker can be briefer than a 5-marker.

And yes - having one real NGO program under your belt is worthwhile :)

What does a question mean when it asks justify? Please give a example

Can you give an example of a question, and I'll give an example of how I'd answer it. :)
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

nicnia

• Adventurer
  • School: Wyndham Central College
« Reply #482 on: October 27, 2016, 07:45:31 pm »
Does anyone have any tips on what to do on the day of the exam?? Health will be my first year 12 exam (I'm year 11) and I'm a little nervous. :P I feel like I'm going to be freaking out all day.

Meenumanickam

• Adventurer
« Reply #483 on: October 27, 2016, 08:41:00 pm »

Can you give an example of a question, and I'll give an example of how I'd answer it. :)
[/quote]

The Life! program is an initative of diabilites Victoria and the Victorian Government. Run by expert health professionals, the program is delivered as a Group Course or a Telephone Health Coaching service. The Life! program provides six sessions to adopt healthy behaviours such as healthy eating.

Making lifestyle changes can be challenging, espically without assistance. These changes include replacing less healthy fats with healthier fats and reducing salt intake. The program also aims to provide practical advices to increase levels of physical activity.

Firstly the question asked?
a) explain diabetes mellitus
b)Justify the life! program
c)Explain how the information collected in nutritious surveys can be used to decrease the risk of diabetes mellitus in Australia.

I attempted all these questions and I'm not sure if I'm right.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #484 on: October 28, 2016, 01:25:30 am »
+1
Does anyone have any tips on what to do on the day of the exam?? Health will be my first year 12 exam (I'm year 11) and I'm a little nervous. :P I feel like I'm going to be freaking out all day.

Is the HHD exam still in the afternoon?

I didn't do much, myself. Had a good breakfast, went for a fairly lengthy walk, did some very light revision (literally just looking over notes, but I was doing that more to fill the time). I think it's counter-productive trying to study too hard on the day (or the day before, but other people disagree with that, I know).

The first one is always nerve-wracking, but you'll be much better for it! :)

P.S. I'd also try to avoid the pre-exam and post-exam chatter. My own routine was getting to school/exam venue maybe an hour before the exam, reading the newspaper for about thirty minutes, then getting myself ready. Not much point stressing over stuff with others, really.

Good luck - I'm sure you'll do wonderfully. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

sucdi99

• Fresh Poster
  • Study smarter not harder
  • School: Success School
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #485 on: October 28, 2016, 11:26:20 am »
Do we need to know the names of the priorities of the Australian Government’s aid program
Like "Infrastructure, trade facilitation and international competitiveness" word for word or could it be shortened to "Infrastructure, trade and international competitiveness"??
Thanks  :) :D

JaidynLuke

• Trailblazer
« Reply #486 on: October 28, 2016, 01:59:12 pm »
Do we need to know the WHO regions, and if so, to what degree?

Thanks for the responses by the way

2016: English, Health and Human Development, Business Management, History Revolutions, Informatics.

ATAR: Pending
ATAR aim: 94.0

Steph.Y

• Trailblazer
  • School: St Mary's Coptic Orthodox College
« Reply #487 on: October 29, 2016, 08:44:09 am »
+1
Can someone please start a HHD exam discussion page and start off by listing all the formulas for different types of questions and tips for the exam?

gemmaruffin

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +53
« Reply #488 on: October 29, 2016, 11:09:20 am »

Do we need to know the names of the priorities of the Australian Government’s aid program
Like "Infrastructure, trade facilitation and international competitiveness" word for word or could it be shortened to "Infrastructure, trade and international competitiveness"??
Thanks  :) :D

You can use the shortened names, like building resilience - humanitarian assistance, disaster risk reduction and social protection
2016 - HHD (49)
2017 - Bio (41), Chem, Italian, English (43), Methods

Happy to help out with any HHD questions, and remember - there is life after VCE :)

Steph.Y

• Trailblazer
« Reply #489 on: October 29, 2016, 11:40:12 am »
What are some disadvantages/limitations of:
- medicare
- PBS
- Australian Dietary Guidelines
- Private Health Insurance?

Meenumanickam

• Adventurer
« Reply #490 on: October 29, 2016, 01:00:22 pm »
When a question asks about interrelationships between health and human development and it is 4 marks how should we approach it? 

Meenumanickam

• Adventurer
« Reply #491 on: October 29, 2016, 01:08:14 pm »
+2
What are some disadvantages/limitations of:
- medicare
- PBS
- Australian Dietary Guidelines
- Private Health Insurance?

Medicare : No choice of doctor for in hospital treatments, waiting lists for many treatments, Does not cover alternative therapies, often doesn't cover full amount of a doctor's visit

PBS: Patients has to make a patient co-payment, not all medication is covered by PBS

Australian dietary Guidelines: Guideline 4, and 5 aren't really explored on ways to encourage, support and promote breastfeeding or caring for your food prepare and store it safety

Private health insurance: Often could be expensive, sometimes has a gap meaning the individual may have to pay the difference, and qualifying periods apply for some conditions(eg pregnancy)

Steph.Y

• Trailblazer
« Reply #492 on: October 29, 2016, 01:49:24 pm »
+1
When a question asks about interrelationships between health and human development and it is 4 marks how should we approach it?

Someone correct me if i'm wrong but i think you would need to explain how health interrelates with human development and then how human development interrelates with health. Since its worth four marks, you need to make 2 links.   ;D

Steph.Y

• Trailblazer
« Reply #493 on: October 29, 2016, 03:44:07 pm »
+1

'The term ‘interrelationship’ implies a two-way relationship. For example, the interrelationship between health and human development includes how health can impact human development and how human development can impact health. Use the mark allocation to determine how much detail is required and ensure meaningful links are made between these concepts.'

This is from the 2016 VCE exam guide from the herald sun.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/special-features/news-in-education/2016-vce-exam-guide--health--human-development-practise-brainstorm-and-seek-feedback/news-story/012fe9a1adb3078d0a94eb0e3eae0113

goodbye

« Reply #494 on: October 29, 2016, 05:31:54 pm »
'The term ‘interrelationship’ implies a two-way relationship. For example, the interrelationship between health and human development includes how health can impact human development and how human development can impact health. Use the mark allocation to determine how much detail is required and ensure meaningful links are made between these concepts.'

This is from the 2016 VCE exam guide from the herald sun.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/special-features/news-in-education/2016-vce-exam-guide--health--human-development-practise-brainstorm-and-seek-feedback/news-story/012fe9a1adb3078d0a94eb0e3eae0113

So for a question asking interrelationships for health, human development and sustainability, would you make 6 links?