Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 06:55:18 pm

Author Topic: VCE HHD Question Thread!  (Read 261945 times)  Share 

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
Re: VCE HHD Question Thread!
« Reply #615 on: June 02, 2017, 05:56:18 pm »
+2
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me some advantages and disadvantages of the Dietary Guidelines?
Thanks!

I can answer, but first: what are your thoughts on it? Not in a textbook-listy way, just - when you think about how people would respond to them, what do you think are some good and bad things about them?

Doing this is an excellent exam skill; it shows you that just by thinking you can answer many questions without having officially learnt the answers. :)
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #616 on: June 06, 2017, 11:29:01 am »
Where are y'all up to in the course at the moment? :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Ayane_Abdillahi

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: minaret college
  • School Grad Year: 2018
« Reply #617 on: June 06, 2017, 09:39:53 pm »
+1
Starting unit 4 ch 8 which is characteristic of a developing and developed countries and classifying countries

patriciarose

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +63
« Reply #618 on: June 06, 2017, 10:02:48 pm »
+1
Where are y'all up to in the course at the moment? :)

who strata levels and human development index (: it's actually heaps more enjoyable than i thought it'd be? haha.
SUBJECTS |  English [47], Literature [46], Extension History @LTU [4.5]

ATAR (2017) | 95.95

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #619 on: June 07, 2017, 09:01:08 am »
+1
Starting unit 4 ch 8 which is characteristic of a developing and developed countries and classifying countries

Nice! How are you finding HHD thus far? :)
who strata levels and human development index (: it's actually heaps more enjoyable than i thought it'd be? haha.

This particular topic, or HHD overall? Because either way, I empathise. 😂 I loved HHD - super interesting (mostly lol)!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

littledreamer

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #620 on: June 13, 2017, 10:12:41 am »
Hello,
I'm confused about the Medicare Safety Net and how it all works with the gap amount and out of pocket costs - have these concepts been largely tested on past exams or SACs?

Thanks  :)

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #621 on: June 13, 2017, 01:21:41 pm »
+1
Hello,
I'm confused about the Medicare Safety Net and how it all works with the gap amount and out of pocket costs - have these concepts been largely tested on past exams or SACs?

Thanks  :)

I don't think they've ever been mentioned on a past exam; it's enough to know that when you've spent enough on doctors' services covered by Medicare in a year, you get even more subsidies on your healthcare. :)
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

kaii

• Trailblazer
« Reply #622 on: July 03, 2017, 07:58:11 am »
+1
I read how one of the 50ers in HHD selectively learned the content to get that score. She said: for example, for social determinants she would only pick one determinant like access to health care and she would vary the reasons according to the population being discussed.. so my question is, do we lose marks for that? I remember clearly in one of my old SACs that if you've given a social determinant, they would ask for another one in the following questions.
Thanks!
2016 - Biology
2017 - Chemistry | Methods | Psychology | English | HHD

gemmaruffin

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +53
« Reply #623 on: July 03, 2017, 09:23:41 am »
+2
I read how one of the 50ers in HHD selectively learned the content to get that score. She said: for example, for social determinants she would only pick one determinant like access to health care and she would vary the reasons according to the population being discussed.. so my question is, do we lose marks for that? I remember clearly in one of my old SACs that if you've given a social determinant, they would ask for another one in the following questions.
Thanks!

When I did my determinant questions, I just made sure I had enough to cover my bases. If you want to condense information you have to learn (this can work throughout the whole course), try and find links you can use in one or more ways (eg. Biological - Body Weight works in pretty much every difference between groups questions), and just ensure you have a possible determinant for questions they can ask you. I ended up condensing my information last year so much so that I had the whole course laid out on 4 A3 pages :)

In terms of marks, they're very rarely going to ask you for more than two of one type of determinant, and if it is in a different part of the sac, from memory I think it's okay to reuse the same one.
Hope this helps!
2016 - HHD (49)
2017 - Bio (41), Chem, Italian, English (43), Methods

Happy to help out with any HHD questions, and remember - there is life after VCE :)

kaii

• Trailblazer
« Reply #624 on: July 03, 2017, 09:13:35 pm »
+1
When I did my determinant questions, I just made sure I had enough to cover my bases. If you want to condense information you have to learn (this can work throughout the whole course), try and find links you can use in one or more ways (eg. Biological - Body Weight works in pretty much every difference between groups questions), and just ensure you have a possible determinant for questions they can ask you. I ended up condensing my information last year so much so that I had the whole course laid out on 4 A3 pages :)

In terms of marks, they're very rarely going to ask you for more than two of one type of determinant, and if it is in a different part of the sac, from memory I think it's okay to reuse the same one.
Hope this helps!

Wow!! The whole course in just 4 pages?!? Teach me your waysss   ;D  I am also condensing information in an A3 book rather than just simply writing notes as a revision tool but I feel like I'm still writing too much >_<  Any tips with revision and taking notes? In particular, how did you revise for the NHPAs ? Did you learn one bio, behav, phys env, and social for each or..?

2016 - Biology
2017 - Chemistry | Methods | Psychology | English | HHD

merryn_hall

• Adventurer
« Reply #625 on: July 06, 2017, 02:02:37 pm »
+1
1. Life expectancy at birth
2. Mean years of schooling
3. Expected years of schooling
4. Gross national income per capita

What other factors could be included in
calculating the Human Development Index of a
country?

Why might it be difficult to include other
factors in calculating the Human Development
Index?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 02:04:50 pm by merryn_hall »

gemmaruffin

• Forum Regular
« Reply #626 on: July 06, 2017, 03:54:30 pm »
+1
Wow!! The whole course in just 4 pages?!? Teach me your waysss   ;D  I am also condensing information in an A3 book rather than just simply writing notes as a revision tool but I feel like I'm still writing too much >_<  Any tips with revision and taking notes? In particular, how did you revise for the NHPAs ? Did you learn one bio, behav, phys env, and social for each or..?

It was definitely a lot of hard thinking and small handwriting, but I did get there in the end! For revision, I remember having summary tables which had all the information I needed, then I would summarise each dot point of the study design to an A4 page, and then when I had done an outcome of each one, I would do an overall summary of the whole outcome on A3 (I found a photo of outcome 2 unit 4 that I attached!)

For revision, especially NHPAS, practise questions are the absolute best option! I pretty much knew a little spiel about each NHPA program off by heart, but luckily for unit 4 programs you can make them up, and then again condense your information so that you have less to learn ;)

I can't remember exactly how I remembered the determinants for NHPAs, but I think if you have a good understanding about what the NHPA is about, you can pretty much work out what determinant would affect it, like for example cardiovascular health would have some relation to obesity. The NHPA SAC was the one I'll probably always remember because I dropped two marks for writing cardiovascular disease and type two diabetes instead of cardiovascular health and diabetes mellitus, so trust me - always learn your detailed terminology!

I've gone on a tangent again, as per usual, but hopefully this helps you :)
2016 - HHD (49)

Happy to help out with any HHD questions, and remember - there is life after VCE :)

gemmaruffin

• Forum Regular
« Reply #627 on: July 06, 2017, 04:01:22 pm »
+1
1. Life expectancy at birth
2. Mean years of schooling
3. Expected years of schooling
4. Gross national income per capita

What other factors could be included in
calculating the Human Development Index of a
country?

Why might it be difficult to include other
factors in calculating the Human Development
Index?

I find this a really interesting question, seeing you only really need to know the 4! But I guess you could talk about for a - gross domestic product (value of goods produced and services provided in a year), or something like employment rate or prevalence of illness, but for b - it may be difficult as the 4 main factors really cover everything - and there wouldn't need to be much else.
2016 - HHD (49)

maria.ali

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #628 on: July 06, 2017, 05:12:33 pm »
+1
Hi there,
what is the difference between income and GNI?
and how would you answer a question that asks 'Explain how income may contribute to differences in health status between Australia and another developing country' compared to a question that asks 'Explain how the GNI per capita could contribute to differences in human development between '" and ""'

Thank you
2017: Biology, Psychology, English, HHD, Further Maths
2018: nursing and midwifery @ latrobe

gemmaruffin

• Forum Regular
« Reply #629 on: July 06, 2017, 05:25:12 pm »
+2
Hi there,
what is the difference between income and GNI?
and how would you answer a question that asks 'Explain how income may contribute to differences in health status between Australia and another developing country' compared to a question that asks 'Explain how the GNI per capita could contribute to differences in human development between '" and ""'

Thank you

Income is more on an individual basis, and GNI is on a more community basis, however you could talk about it in the same way.

Australia has a higher income/GNI than some developing countries such as Uganda. A high income or high GNI in developed countries such as Australia allows for increased amount of tax to be paid which allows the government to use this money to subsidise the cost of vaccines, meaning that more people would have access to vaccines and thus there would be decreased incidence of vaccine-preventable diseases such as measles. This means that Australia may have a better health status than developing countries such as Uganda.

Bit wordy but you get the point ;)
2016 - HHD (49)