Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 03:40:49 pm

Author Topic: VCE HHD Question Thread!  (Read 261927 times)  Share 

gemmaruffin

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +53
Re: VCE HHD Question Thread!
« Reply #660 on: August 15, 2017, 06:19:07 pm »
+4
When is the best time to start doing practice exams and how many?

I started doing mine in the term 3 holidays and did about 7 or 8, including the school based ones. I got heaps of feedback on them though, so I think feedback>number, ie. if you have the choice to do one exam you can get heaps of feedback on, or 3 but no feedback, go for the one.
2016 - HHD (49)
2017 - Bio (41), Chem, Italian, English (43), Methods

Happy to help out with any HHD questions, and remember - there is life after VCE :)

Maya24

• MOTM: OCT 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +114
« Reply #661 on: August 16, 2017, 05:30:06 pm »
I started doing mine in the term 3 holidays and did about 7 or 8, including the school based ones. I got heaps of feedback on them though, so I think feedback>number, ie. if you have the choice to do one exam you can get heaps of feedback on, or 3 but no feedback, go for the one.

Thank you

kaii

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #662 on: August 18, 2017, 09:16:25 am »
Referring to SDG brief descriptions on the useful HHD resources forum

Hi, I was just wondering whether the brief descriptions outlined by heids are enough to give me full marks on a sac. Thank you
2016 - Biology
2017 - Chemistry | Methods | Psychology | English | HHD

littledreamer

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #663 on: August 18, 2017, 01:05:21 pm »
Unit 4 health and human development, the question I had was
Identify the SDG that aims to reduce under 5 mortality rate

(once I got out of the SAC I realised it was obviously SDG 3 Good Health and Wellbeing)

But silly me wrote SDG 2 Zero hunger and justified why
Would I still have lost marks for this ??

Hey guys - just with this I was wondering why it would be wrong to say SDG 2? Is it because SDG 3 is more specific to health that it's the best answer? Because I thought like essentially SDG 1 + SDG 2, also work to reduce U5MR e.g. for SDG 1 if there is no poverty, person can be educated + have better health knowledge when taking care of babies etc or like access to healthcare because of income?

gisele

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #664 on: August 19, 2017, 10:31:54 am »
+2
Hey guys - just with this I was wondering why it would be wrong to say SDG 2? Is it because SDG 3 is more specific to health that it's the best answer? Because I thought like essentially SDG 1 + SDG 2, also work to reduce U5MR e.g. for SDG 1 if there is no poverty, person can be educated + have better health knowledge when taking care of babies etc or like access to healthcare because of income?

Hey! At the end of the day, it's up to your teacher and whether they would accept SDG 1 or 2. What you're saying is 100% correct in that the achievement of SDG 1 or SDG 2 would likely reduce U5MR. However, the reason why SDG 3: Good health and wellbeing is the most correct is because if you recall- SDG 3 specifically focuses on:
- maternal and child mortality (i.e. U5MR)
- communicable diseases such as malaria, HIV/AIDS, hepatitis and tuberculosis.

gisele

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #665 on: August 19, 2017, 10:37:27 am »
+2
Referring to SDG brief descriptions on the useful HHD resources forum

Hi, I was just wondering whether the brief descriptions outlined by heids are enough to give me full marks on a sac. Thank you

It depends on how many marks the question is worth. Generally speaking though, the 'describe SDG #' questions are usually 2 marks, so the brief descriptions should be enough for full marks there :)

Ashyyy23

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #666 on: August 29, 2017, 06:42:46 pm »
Hey guys! I have a question that's really bugging me!

So with the interrelationships questions for 6 marks between H, HD, AND SUS- do we answer that the same way we would a SHD question for 6 marks?

Also, in these interrelationships questions (whether that's between all 3 or just the interrelationship between health and HD, for example), for the health component, can we only mention the dimensions or also health status indicators?

(my teacher has told me that for the separate "health AND *Insert here* ..." we only use the dimensions)

Pleaseeeeee help out guys, got a SAC soon! :S
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 06:58:50 pm by Ashyyy23 »

Maya24

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #667 on: September 06, 2017, 06:58:26 pm »
How many Ngo programs should we know?
Also For the DFAT Priorities would we need to know it contributes to sustainable human development and Global Health?

Thanks in Advance

Butterflygirl

• Trendsetter
  • An evil ferocious demon.
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #668 on: September 06, 2017, 07:24:44 pm »
Hey guys, for interrelationships questions (health, HD and sustainability), do we need to have three links or six links?

Thanks!! :)

gisele

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #669 on: September 08, 2017, 11:41:14 am »
+5
Hey guys! I have a question that's really bugging me!

So with the interrelationships questions for 6 marks between H, HD, AND SUS- do we answer that the same way we would a SHD question for 6 marks?

Also, in these interrelationships questions (whether that's between all 3 or just the interrelationship between health and HD, for example), for the health component, can we only mention the dimensions or also health status indicators?

(my teacher has told me that for the separate "health AND *Insert here* ..." we only use the dimensions)

Pleaseeeeee help out guys, got a SAC soon! :S

For the interrelationships questions, they differ from SHD questions in that you must discuss the interrelationships. For SHD, you do not need to (but it is a good idea to anyway).

For both types of questions, you can use either dimensions or health status indicators.

Hey guys, for interrelationships questions (health, HD and sustainability), do we need to have three links or six links?

Thanks!! :)

Hey! :)
3 links. For the 6 mark question:
3 marks = health, HD, sustainability on their own
3 marks = the links/interrelationships

How many Ngo programs should we know?
Also For the DFAT Priorities would we need to know it contributes to sustainable human development and Global Health?

Thanks in Advance

By NGO programs, do you mean the aid programs addressing key issues like literacy, malaria, HIV/AIDs, etc.? If so, then you should know one program per issue (so 6 altogether). If you mean the non-gov organisations like World Vision, Oxfam, etc., then just stick to the ones your school is studying. For the exam, all you really need is to be familiar with some NGOs and their mission, but you won't be asked about the details of any specific NGOs for this topic.

As for DFAT, yes it is possible that you are asked how a priority might contribute to sustainable human development. It's a good idea to think about this beforehand, perhaps some practice questions on it. Otherwise, you can just apply your knowledge in the SAC/exam. :)

Maya24

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #670 on: September 10, 2017, 04:06:14 pm »
What is the cut off mark in the exams?

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #671 on: September 11, 2017, 09:43:53 am »
What is the cut off mark in the exams?

The cut off for what? :)
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

Maya24

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #672 on: September 11, 2017, 07:25:52 pm »
For an A+ and an A

gemmaruffin

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +53
« Reply #673 on: September 11, 2017, 09:41:53 pm »
+4
For an A+ and an A
If you head to the graded distribution, (http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/Pages/vce/statistics/2016/statssect3.aspx) it will show you each cut off for all parts of the exam. This usually doesn't change too much, but by googling 'graded distribution ..(insert year)..', you'll be able to find what it's been in the past :)
2016 - HHD (49)
2017 - Bio (41), Chem, Italian, English (43), Methods

Happy to help out with any HHD questions, and remember - there is life after VCE :)

Maya24

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #674 on: September 11, 2017, 10:17:19 pm »
Thank you, I was just wondering what it  meant by 159-200  for the A+ cut off  since i thought the exam was only out of 100.