Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 09:48:58 pm

Author Topic: VCE HHD Question Thread!  (Read 261956 times)  Share 

gisele

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +45
Re: VCE HHD Question Thread!
« Reply #675 on: September 11, 2017, 10:33:15 pm »
+4
Thank you, I was just wondering what it  meant by 159-200  for the A+ cut off  since i thought the exam was only out of 100.

The exam is marked twice (i.e. by 2 assessors), hence why it is out of 200. :)

Maya24

• MOTM: OCT 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +114
« Reply #676 on: September 12, 2017, 04:23:05 pm »
Thank you for clearing that up :)

Sunset.T

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #677 on: September 13, 2017, 08:13:02 pm »
Hey guysss
I had my final 3/4 sac today and I'm honestly so concerned. I feel like I did atrocious on it, I actually believe I may have gotten a D on it.

Like it was a mess, in the lessons leading up to the SAC I was doing brilliant on the revision questions, I was getting full marks and everything. But the questions on the SAC somehow threw me off. I actually had a headache which didn't help and my mind went blank frequently. Haha. In fact I actually struggled on the interrelationship questions which is weird because I had practiced those questions so many times and I had perfected it so I don't know why I spaced out on it.

Anyway one of my answers that was bothering me the most was to an "evaluate the sustainability of this program" question. For appropriateness I wrote down that the program addresses an actual issue that the people in Bangladesh face. Then going through my notes in my book after the SAC I never even wrote that "addressing an actual issue the community faces" is part of appropriateness. Do you reckon it could be considered correct?

I'm honestly so worked up about this sac. If I don't do well on it I'm actually gonna die lmao
2017: HHD [42]
2018: Biology, English, Further Maths, PE

gemmaruffin

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +53
« Reply #678 on: September 13, 2017, 09:09:59 pm »
+4
Hey guysss
I had my final 3/4 sac today and I'm honestly so concerned. I feel like I did atrocious on it, I actually believe I may have gotten a D on it.

Like it was a mess, in the lessons leading up to the SAC I was doing brilliant on the revision questions, I was getting full marks and everything. But the questions on the SAC somehow threw me off. I actually had a headache which didn't help and my mind went blank frequently. Haha. In fact I actually struggled on the interrelationship questions which is weird because I had practiced those questions so many times and I had perfected it so I don't know why I spaced out on it.

Anyway one of my answers that was bothering me the most was to an "evaluate the sustainability of this program" question. For appropriateness I wrote down that the program addresses an actual issue that the people in Bangladesh face. Then going through my notes in my book after the SAC I never even wrote that "addressing an actual issue the community faces" is part of appropriateness. Do you reckon it could be considered correct?

I'm honestly so worked up about this sac. If I don't do well on it I'm actually gonna die lmao

Don't stress! Overall, one SAC won't make that much of a difference to your scores.
Also, what you wrote for appropriateness is perfect - if a program needs to be appropriate, it has to address the needs of the community, which is an actual issue they would face!
2016 - HHD (49)
2017 - Bio (41), Chem, Italian, English (43), Methods

Happy to help out with any HHD questions, and remember - there is life after VCE :)

Sunset.T

• Trailblazer
« Reply #679 on: September 13, 2017, 10:25:45 pm »
+2
Don't stress! Overall, one SAC won't make that much of a difference to your scores.
Also, what you wrote for appropriateness is perfect - if a program needs to be appropriate, it has to address the needs of the community, which is an actual issue they would face!

Okay that's very comforting to hear, thanks. But still I value my scores way too much, I think it's unhealthy actually. Haha.
2017: HHD [42]
2018: Biology, English, Further Maths, PE

amorphous

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #680 on: September 15, 2017, 07:58:22 pm »
Hi! Are there a lot of essays in HHD?
Thanks! :)

Hamed Sarwari

• Fresh Poster
  • School: Carrum Downs Secondary College
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #681 on: September 17, 2017, 04:30:53 pm »
Hello, I need help with a question
How does achieving food security assist in achieving 3 of the AUSTRALIAN AID PRIORITIES?

Blessimms

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #682 on: September 18, 2017, 10:01:29 am »
Hello I'm in Year 11 and i'm hoping to do Health and Human Development 3/4 next year  without doing 1/2 is that a good idea, or am I setting myself up for failure

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #683 on: September 18, 2017, 11:41:16 am »
+3
Apologies to those I've not responded to - I'll let somebody else have a crack here (I'm not too sure on responses).

Hi! Are there a lot of essays in HHD?
Thanks! :)

Hey amorphous. :)

HHD doesn't have essays in the same way that, for example, English has essays. There are some questions that require longer responses (usually about six marks), but they don't need to be structured in an essay form.

So, to answer your question: no, not really - but you may need to provide some extended responses. :)

Hello I'm in Year 11 and i'm hoping to do Health and Human Development 3/4 next year  without doing 1/2 is that a good idea, or am I setting myself up for failure

Hey Blessimms! Welcome to ATAR Notes. :D

Nah, that sounds like a fine enough idea to me. What's your rationale for picking up HHD? Are you interested in the content?

I don't think you're setting yourself up for failure, necessarily; I didn't do 1/2, either, and finished with a 50 study score. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Maya24

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #684 on: September 26, 2017, 06:26:11 pm »
What is the best way to revise for Health?

Butterflygirl

• Trendsetter
  • An evil ferocious demon.
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #685 on: October 03, 2017, 09:31:30 pm »
I'm freaking out about the amount of content. Ahh

Similar to the question above, does anyone have any tips on improving quality of responses??

littledreamer

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #686 on: October 09, 2017, 11:32:00 am »
I'm freaking out about the amount of content. Ahh

Similar to the question above, does anyone have any tips on improving quality of responses??

I find that doing practice exams and then correcting them really help. Add corrections and phrases to your current answers and copy the good answers from the solutions just to like get the general structure of how they do it.

Does anyone know if glycaemic index is in our study design? So like would we be asked to define and explain it? thanks :)

boooom

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #687 on: October 09, 2017, 11:46:27 am »
I find that doing practice exams and then correcting them really help. Add corrections and phrases to your current answers and copy the good answers from the solutions just to like get the general structure of how they do it.

Does anyone know if glycaemic index is in our study design? So like would we be asked to define and explain it? thanks :)

Nope. It was removed with this study design.

littledreamer

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #688 on: October 15, 2017, 10:57:52 am »
Nope. It was removed with this study design.

For nutrition can we still talk about how low GI carbohydrates protect against diabetes? and how high GI carbohydrates are risk nutrients?

Maya24

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #689 on: October 15, 2017, 12:34:10 pm »
Yes we can as it is part of carbohydrates