Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 05:52:52 pm

Author Topic: VCE HHD Question Thread!  (Read 261937 times)  Share 

Maya24

• MOTM: OCT 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +114
Re: VCE HHD Question Thread!
« Reply #690 on: October 25, 2017, 10:08:14 pm »
Is it better to do VCCA exams or company papers?
Also for company papers which one are  the hardest?

hmdeadas

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #691 on: October 27, 2017, 08:51:46 am »
Hey All, do we have to define "HUMAN DEVELOPMENT INDEX" for the exam?
Do i have to know the types of dementia and mental issues covered by the NHPA?

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #692 on: October 27, 2017, 04:04:31 pm »
+4
What is the best way to revise for Health?
I'm freaking out about the amount of content. Ahh

Similar to the question above, does anyone have any tips on improving quality of responses??

If you haven't read it, this thread contains my tips I wrote a couple of years ago (scroll down to a later reply where I recommend how to learn content).

Re. improving quality of responses: I recommend asking for feedback here!  Feel free to post your answers to questions you aren't sure about, and I'll give detailed feedback on them ASAP :)

Is it better to do VCCA exams or company papers?
Also for company papers which one are  the hardest?

I found most company papers I skimmed through weren't representative of what VCAA exams looked like; as a result, I only worked with VCAA exams, and my own questions drawn from VCAA exams.

Hey All, do we have to define "HUMAN DEVELOPMENT INDEX" for the exam?
Do i have to know the types of dementia and mental issues covered by the NHPA?

You probably won't be required to define it because that's been asked more than once, but yes, HDI is expected knowledge.

It's good to have a general idea of the types of dementia and mental issues, but you won't be asked specifically about any one type. :)
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

hmdeadas

• Trailblazer
« Reply #693 on: October 27, 2017, 09:05:35 pm »
How do i find out what terms i have to define for the health exam (2017)? I think i am trying to define everything and have no idea which words i need.

hmdeadas

• Trailblazer
« Reply #694 on: October 27, 2017, 10:35:45 pm »
Sorry for asking soo many questions, just a bit stressed out!
Do i have to define decent work, food security, poverty, HIV/AIDS etc.. As i was told to define them for a SAC but not sure for the exam
Thank You soo much!!!!!!

Maya24

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #695 on: October 28, 2017, 10:08:36 am »
How do i find out what terms i have to define for the health exam (2017)? I think i am trying to define everything and have no idea which words i need.

In the study design it will clearly tell you what words you need to know word for word, but for other key terms have a general idea of them and make sure that you can explain them.

littledreamer

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #696 on: October 29, 2017, 10:26:36 am »
hey guys i have a few questions,

1. so i've done a few past exams which used MDGs and there are often questions like evaluate the progress made toward reaching the target relating to reducing the U5MR etc, will we be required to do this on our exam too?

2. also with questions that ask "explain a program that could combat malaria" - does this have to be a real life program or is it asking us to create one? Some exam papers give an actual real life existing program in their answer but others seem to make it up as they don't give it a name or anything specific

3. with questions like justify why this SDG is important should we give answers like:
e.g. SDG 2: zero hunger
There are millions of starving children in the world who require food (so the negatives and why the goal is needed) OR children who are fed will have stronger immune systems and this allows them to go to school and potentially break free from the poverty cycle (or what the goal can achieve?)

thank you so much!! :) :)

Maya24

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #697 on: October 29, 2017, 04:27:53 pm »
+1
hey guys i have a few questions,

1. so i've done a few past exams which used MDGs and there are often questions like evaluate the progress made toward reaching the target relating to reducing the U5MR etc, will we be required to do this on our exam too?

2. also with questions that ask "explain a program that could combat malaria" - does this have to be a real life program or is it asking us to create one? Some exam papers give an actual real life existing program in their answer but others seem to make it up as they don't give it a name or anything specific

3. with questions like justify why this SDG is important should we give answers like:
e.g. SDG 2: zero hunger
There are millions of starving children in the world who require food (so the negatives and why the goal is needed) OR children who are fed will have stronger immune systems and this allows them to go to school and potentially break free from the poverty cycle (or what the goal can achieve?)

thank you so much!! :) :)

1.No, They made some changes to the sd and  it is no longer relevant to the course. However I find those questions helpful for practicing data analysis .

2. It depends on the wording. If the question says may be implemented then you can make a program up, however just to be safe use the program that you know.

3. They are both valid reasons.

hmdeadas

• Trailblazer
« Reply #698 on: November 01, 2017, 06:09:20 pm »
Hey, How do i approach the 6 mark question?  What do need to include on the interrelationships between Sustainability, Health (P,M,S or STATUS?) and Human Development question and what do i need to include when talking about "sustainable Human Development" as i don't know the difference.
Also how much time should i spend on these questions as they take me 10-15 minutes sometimes (any tactic to answer them faster in order to save time as time management is a major issue for me)
Thank You

rpapa

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #699 on: November 01, 2017, 10:55:43 pm »
+7
Hey, How do i approach the 6 mark question?  What do need to include on the interrelationships between Sustainability, Health (P,M,S or STATUS?) and Human Development question and what do i need to include when talking about "sustainable Human Development" as i don't know the difference.
Also how much time should i spend on these questions as they take me 10-15 minutes sometimes (any tactic to answer them faster in order to save time as time management is a major issue for me)
Thank You
Hey! What I have been doing for the 6 marker this year is the following format:
- health status indicators (you can use the dimensions of health, both are fine. I just find indicators easier)
- link to human development (x 2/basically use two parts of the definition)
- link each hd to sustainability
- make a comment about future generations and link it back to the the health stuff you spoke about in the beginning

Here is a sample about safe water and sanitation just in case my word vomit does not make sense lmao: 
If people have access to clean water, they are less likely to fall ill to water borne diseases such as diarrhoea and cholera. This may reduce the risk of premature death and global mortality rates as a result. This will also increase global life expectancy. Being free from disease means that children are well enough to attend school and access knowledge. This knowledge can be passed onto future generations (social sustainability). Due to this knowledge, people may be more likely to obtain meaningful employment. This will allow them to earn an income and afford a decent standard of living. This income and standard of living (ie: housing) can be passed onto future generations (economic sustainability). Due to this income, future generations may be more likely to afford health care such as immunisations and doctors consultations. This will assist in keeping from free from water borne diseases and avoid premature death. Hence, further reducing global mortality rates and increasing global life expectancy worldwide.

I believe sustainable human development includes all of the same aspects: health, human development and sustainability. If a question asked you about this, make sure you hit all of those key sections (like the 6 mark format above). In terms of time, I usually spend around 6-8minutes on these (i basically rewrite the same response every time but make sure its relevant) but do whatever feels comfortable for you! 6 markers are a bit of a pain, but with practice you should be fine  :)

That was so long (but at least it was colourful??)  lol. Hopefully that makes sense! Please feel free to add anything guys!

VCE 2017 - English, Maths Methods, Chemistry, Legal Studies, Health
2018 - BSci @ UniMelb

ringring

• Trailblazer
  • ✞ Philippians 4:13 ✞
« Reply #700 on: November 02, 2017, 05:18:24 pm »
Hey everyone!
I don't know if this has been asked previously, but how do I approach a question that asks to 'describe a food security program that could be implemented by a non-govt org to reduce the proportion of undernourished people in developing countries'
2016: Further Maths

2017: English, Methods, Chemistry, Biology, HHD

gisele

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #701 on: November 03, 2017, 02:03:40 pm »
+3
Hey everyone!
I don't know if this has been asked previously, but how do I approach a question that asks to 'describe a food security program that could be implemented by a non-govt org to reduce the proportion of undernourished people in developing countries'

They're similar to the NHPA programs questions, but with these, you can essentially make the program up since it says 'describe a food security program that could be implemented'.

They're usually three marks, so make sure you memorise at least three distinct points about the program. They need to be: descriptive (i.e. not too vague), specific (i.e. relevant to the question) and believable.

Example for food security:
A program that could be implemented may involve volunteers from Australia training local people in a developing country to improve sustainability in agriculture and allow them to be more resilient to changing weather patterns. [1 mark]
Australia can provide basic tools and machinery to communities in the Indo-Pacific region to improve efficiency of food production. [1 mark]
They also equip local farmers with essential financial skills in order to increase profit margin and be able to produce more food, ensuring everyone in their community has access to food secutity. [1 mark]

ilikenoodlez

• Adventurer
« Reply #702 on: November 03, 2017, 08:10:57 pm »
hi guys
for NHPA questions asking about costs and reasons, would we lose marks if we didn't link our answer back to the specific NHPA? e.g. would we gain full marks if we say that 'diabetes mellitus contributes to significantly to burden of disease'? also, are there any efficient ways of remembering the risk factors for the NHPAs?
thank u  :)

rpapa

• Trailblazer
« Reply #703 on: November 03, 2017, 11:16:46 pm »
+1
hi guys
for NHPA questions asking about costs and reasons, would we lose marks if we didn't link our answer back to the specific NHPA? e.g. would we gain full marks if we say that 'diabetes mellitus contributes to significantly to burden of disease'? also, are there any efficient ways of remembering the risk factors for the NHPAs?
thank u  :)

Hey! For costs, they definitely have to be specific to the NHPA to ensure that you don't lose any marks. I don't know if it is a have-to for reasons but I usually do it just in case  :)
VCE 2017 - English, Maths Methods, Chemistry, Legal Studies, Health
2018 - BSci @ UniMelb

Butterflygirl

• Trendsetter
  • An evil ferocious demon.
« Reply #704 on: November 04, 2017, 10:41:35 am »
Hey guys, what are some examples of things that WHO does for the priority 'social, economic and environmental determinants'?