Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 10:35:14 pm

Author Topic: Modern History 2016 Possible Predictions?  (Read 1906 times)  Share 

onepunchboy

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +5
  • School: Concord High
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Modern History 2016 Possible Predictions?
« on: October 16, 2016, 06:16:37 am »
Hello!

Does anyone have any insight into what MIGHT appear in the coming exam? Especially for Russia and the Arab Israeli conflict...  Im pretty behind on those and is willingly to gamble on preparing for just question a) for them hehe.

Thanks

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
Re: Modern History 2016 Possible Predictions?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 07:55:53 pm »
Hello!

Does anyone have any insight into what MIGHT appear in the coming exam? Especially for Russia and the Arab Israeli conflict...  Im pretty behind on those and is willingly to gamble on preparing for just question a) for them hehe.

Thanks

I have no evidence to back any of this up just fyi. Study as much as you can
My hunch for Russia is that at least one of the questions will have a central focus on Communist Theory and Practice. My teacher said they are starting to do this more (ie last year), as it tends to trip a lot of students up (how mean!). I also feel like a power struggles/rise of Stalin essay might pop up for Russia because they haven't done it for a while, but again no way to really back this up haha.

WW1 I feel like there will be a question from later on in the syllabus like 'Reasons for Armistice' or 'turning points', because again these are rarely asked.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 09:25:39 am by sudodds »
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

pughg16

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
Re: Modern History 2016 Possible Predictions?
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 09:15:30 am »
Oo....WW1 turning points sounds just a little bit scary!
Does anyone have any idea about Germany...or Conflict in the Pacific?