Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 05, 2024, 09:31:52 am

Author Topic: HSC Legal Studies Question Thread  (Read 573793 times)  Share 

Evanthia G

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Legal Studies Question Thread
« Reply #1620 on: October 31, 2017, 11:49:20 am »
Any predictions for the Shelter and Consumers essay?  :)

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
« Reply #1621 on: October 31, 2017, 11:56:17 am »
+5
hey katie...
do you think they would ever only give you the option of both the essays being on one of the following:
• credit
• product certification
• marketing innovations
• technology
because i am a lot more confident with the themes and challenges and i feel as if i know VERY little from the above topics  ::)
thanks
Hey,
I don't think that they would have both essays specifically on a contemporary issues (credit, product certification, marketing innovations, technology). I think that they might have a question on 1 or 2 contemporary issues and another on a theme and challenge.  One specific question and another that is more broader. Although, I am not too sure.
So, I think it should be ok for you, however maybe try to know some contemporary issues (even just broadly) because you might be able to add them into a themes and challenges essay as well.

Heres an image of all the past questions from 2011-now for crime, the larger human rights question, family, and consumers with my classes predictions.

Hope this helps! Good luck for Thursday!  ;D
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

~BK~

• Trendsetter
  • "Bibia be ye ye"- all will be well!
  • Respect: +24
« Reply #1622 on: October 31, 2017, 12:05:20 pm »
+1
Hey,
I don't think that they would have both essays specifically on a contemporary issues (credit, product certification, marketing innovations, technology). I think that they might have a question on 1 or 2 contemporary issues and another on a theme and challenge.  One specific question and another that is more broader. Although, I am not too sure.
So, I think it should be ok for you, however maybe try to know some contemporary issues (even just broadly) because you might be able to add them into a themes and challenges essay as well.

Heres an image of all the past questions from 2011-now for crime, the larger human rights question, family, and consumers with my classes predictions.
(Image removed from quote.)

Hope this helps! Good luck for Thursday!  ;D
thanks sooo much for that katie  ;D ;D
i honestly feel as if we only focused on themes and challenges in class and kinda disregarded the contemporary issues majorly!!.. i only know marketing practices from business studies  ::)
that table really helps... tho its not 100% safe to go by predictions, but its good to know  ;D
BRING ON NOV 2nd ;D

daenyy

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #1623 on: October 31, 2017, 12:58:02 pm »
hey ya'll, if they asked for a law reform question regarding the criminal trial process, what paragraphs would you have? i've got paragraphs on partial defences and jury, but what's an idea for the third paragraph?

Korrasami

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #1624 on: October 31, 2017, 12:58:59 pm »
Hey everyone, how would I structure an essay about care and protection of children?

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
« Reply #1625 on: October 31, 2017, 01:05:56 pm »
+2
hey ya'll, if they asked for a law reform question regarding the criminal trial process, what paragraphs would you have? i've got paragraphs on partial defences and jury, but what's an idea for the third paragraph?

Maybe charge negotiation, as included in Section 35A of the Crimes (Sentencing Procedure) Amendment Act 2010

Hey everyone, how would I structure an essay about care and protection of children?

I have struggled a bit with this too, but thinking of doing
- FACS
- Amendments to legislation after Wood Inquiry
- The Media's role in bringing light to situations

But will be eager to hear other people's ideas!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 01:07:33 pm by paigek3 »
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

sidzeman

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #1626 on: October 31, 2017, 01:08:16 pm »
For R v Singh and defences in general - what legislation was provocation found in?

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
« Reply #1627 on: October 31, 2017, 01:11:09 pm »
+4
For R v Singh and defences in general - what legislation was provocation found in?

Crimes Amendment (Provocation) Act 2014 (NSW) was the act that introduced extreme provocation, now in Section 23 of the Crimes Act 1900 (NSW)

Should find other defences also there :)

HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

Korrasami

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #1628 on: October 31, 2017, 01:25:06 pm »
Maybe charge negotiation, as included in Section 35A of the Crimes (Sentencing Procedure) Amendment Act 2010

I have struggled a bit with this too, but thinking of doing
- FACS
- Amendments to legislation after Wood Inquiry
- The Media's role in bringing light to situations

But will be eager to hear other people's ideas!

I was thinking of putting the Wood inquiry on a paragraph about domestic violence against children
What about a paragraph on parental responsibility and legal consequences in separation involving children?

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
« Reply #1629 on: October 31, 2017, 01:28:23 pm »
+2
I was thinking of putting the Wood inquiry on a paragraph about domestic violence against children
What about a paragraph on parental responsibility and legal consequences in separation involving children?

Oo yeah that sounds good too. Make sure the key focus is on ensuring the best interest of the child is paramount including their safety
HSC subjects

sidzeman

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #1630 on: October 31, 2017, 01:57:00 pm »
+1
Crimes Amendment (Provocation) Act 2014 (NSW) was the act that introduced extreme provocation, now in Section 23 of the Crimes Act 1900 (NSW)

Should find other defences also there :)

You are a god send have all the respect points :)

rodero

• Forum Obsessive
  • Professional quote and statistic generator
  • Respect: +81
« Reply #1631 on: October 31, 2017, 02:52:36 pm »
Does anyone have an essay structure for same-sex relationships? A brief outline as to what would be mentioned would help heaps. Thanks :)
HSC 2017:
English (Advanced): 91    Legal Studies: 92    Modern History: 91    Studies of Religion 2: 90    Business Studies: 92

ATAR: 96.75

Need tutoring? Click here!

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
« Reply #1632 on: October 31, 2017, 02:59:27 pm »
+1
Does anyone have an essay structure for same-sex relationships? A brief outline as to what would be mentioned would help heaps. Thanks :)

My personal way of structuring a same-sex relationships essay is in sort of a timeline, so:

P1- de-criminalisation of homosexual sex
P2 - amendment to de facto definition
P3 - a look into the future, need for same sex marriage, plebicite
HSC subjects

rodero

• Forum Obsessive
  • Professional quote and statistic generator
  • Respect: +81
« Reply #1633 on: October 31, 2017, 03:08:31 pm »
My personal way of structuring a same-sex relationships essay is in sort of a timeline, so:

P1- de-criminalisation of homosexual sex
P2 - amendment to de facto definition
P3 - a look into the future, need for same sex marriage, plebicite

Cheers :)

EDIT Just wondering if you had any cases for these?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 03:16:25 pm by rodero »
HSC 2017:
English (Advanced): 91    Legal Studies: 92    Modern History: 91    Studies of Religion 2: 90    Business Studies: 92

ATAR: 96.75

Need tutoring? Click here!

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
« Reply #1634 on: October 31, 2017, 03:25:32 pm »
+1
Cheers :)

EDIT Just wondering if you had any cases for these?

Do indeed :)

Toonen v Australia 1991 - de-criminalisation of homosexual sex (or maybe this was Croome v Tasmania... check out both!)
Hyde v Hyde and Woodmansee 1866 - this is the case that established Australia’s definition of marriage pursuant to when it was introduced in 2004. Could include this in the last paragraph indicating how outdated the definition is
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 05:17:16 pm by paigek3 »
HSC subjects