Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 04:20:29 pm

Author Topic: Jimmy's VCE Journal  (Read 17082 times)

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
Re: Jimmy's VCE Journal
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2019, 07:10:39 am »
+2
Well done and well deserved. Looking forward to a great last post! Would love to hear about your plans for next year and what you're doing over the long break. ;D

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2019, 09:05:39 am »
+2
Congrats on the results! Youve done amazingly - best of luck for the future!!

Jimmmy

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +154
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2019, 08:44:15 pm »
+4
Congrats on the great scores!
Well done and well deserved. Looking forward to a great last post! Would love to hear about your plans for next year and what you're doing over the long break. ;D
Congrats on the results! Youve done amazingly - best of luck for the future!!
Thanks for the well wishes guys  :) I find it fitting that I joined the forums on the first day of the year (and essentially started the journey), and am now ceasing on the final day of the year.

I'm not sure how to start this to be honest, every year that passed felt emotional, but none more than this, not just because of the advance of time and another year of memories, but there being no doubt that it was the most eventful year that I've encountered.

Started in a stressful way, got sick early, recovered and managed to enjoy my studies for pretty much the whole year. Embraced being school captain, and getting involved or running every school event I could. I hope along the way, I was able to help others too! It doesn't always work out as perfectly as you envision, it certainly didn't in 2019, but I was proud of what I was able to contribute to in the end.

With regards to the January goals, I didn't quite manage that 11:30 sleep time slot, nor did I totally separate myself from being the uber-organiser throughout the year (the Year 12 'memories' pull really did exacerbate his photo/memory collecting nature), but I managed to fall into a perfect groove.

That's what I want to keep doing in 2020, helping out wherever I can with those who need in, supporting those going through their final years of schooling and staying active in the community, both school and externally. Playing lots of sport, immersing myself in Uni life (offer locked and loaded, here I come Law!) and meeting a lot of great people is on the horizon. I certainly don't feel like I've had enough time to fully absorb 2019, but that's life. You live once, things go at a million miles an hour most of the time, and rather than trying to slow down, which I partially attempted this year, you need to really enjoy the ride and let it be what it is. You can't control everything in life, and I think that attitude did end up helping me.  :)

So, that's it! I got the 'Outstanding ATAR' I was hoping for, got into my course, did as much as I could in terms of extra-curriculars, and really 'embraced the grind'. This journey has come to a close, but look out for the Uni (basically life) journal that'll be coming soon.  ;)

It's been a pleasure all!  :D
2018 - 2019 (VCE): English Language, Maths Methods, Legal Studies, Global Politics, Business Management (2018), Philosophy
2020 - 2024: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash University