Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 04:54:35 am

Author Topic: how to write an argument in ext history hsc exam?  (Read 3209 times)  Share 

rirerire

• MOTM: OCT 20
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +13
how to write an argument in ext history hsc exam?
« on: October 14, 2020, 07:18:51 pm »
for the after we identify what we agree and disagree with from the source given, are we just using our specific historians as 'examples' of why our argument is the right one?
and should I go into both sides of the argument- (eg 'to what extent is history objective?")
would I go into Hobsbawm's idea first and then use Jenkins views to show why Hobwbawm is wrong?

lastly, I keep hearing "you need to have your own opinion!!" for ext history... can anyone give insight into how I can actually show that I have an opinion about the topic/argument at hand aside from just using the evidence from historians.

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
Re: how to write an argument in ext history hsc exam?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 11:26:37 am »
+1
for the after we identify what we agree and disagree with from the source given, are we just using our specific historians as 'examples' of why our argument is the right one?
and should I go into both sides of the argument- (eg 'to what extent is history objective?")
would I go into Hobsbawm's idea first and then use Jenkins views to show why Hobwbawm is wrong?

lastly, I keep hearing "you need to have your own opinion!!" for ext history... can anyone give insight into how I can actually show that I have an opinion about the topic/argument at hand aside from just using the evidence from historians.
RE having your own opinion -
I'm doing VCE Revolutions which says the same thing (though this mayn't mean it's the same!); what we get told to do is say for instance 'Smith posits that ___, whereas Jones ____. This is backed up by Jenkins' _____, which is clearly shown as reliable by ____.' This isn't a very good example, but I hope it shows what I'm trying to say?
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.