Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 30, 2024, 03:18:30 am

Author Topic: VCE English Question Thread  (Read 854313 times)  Share 

blacksanta62

• Forum Leader
  • "Anything is possible"-KG
  • Respect: +2
Re: VCE English Question Thread
« Reply #1320 on: August 16, 2016, 05:26:28 pm »
Thank you
I'll have a look at the lecture slides
More questions:
1) I done the practice essay today and I didn't finish all my sections. What's weird is that I started with section c and didn't manage to finish it in an hour, and I didn't want to go over. I was trying to analyse the whole piece but couldn't finish in time. Are we expected to analyse the whole piece or just aspects we think are important espically the accompanying image. What parts of a piece/how much should I analyse (please, I'm not expecting the perfect response, just a rough guide and then I can practice and find what works for me :)) I finished section a and b however. My question is if I start doing practice exams (3 hour sessions, but not too much that it kills me) can I increase my speed? I really want my exams to be of good quality but not take forever to write
2) What are the features of a well written essay in the exam? General stuff will do because I know they're not expecting perfection with the sentence structure etc.
3) In LA, when we analyse the authors use of language, will everyone have a different effect on the reader? Nothing too extreme though. Also, will people have slightly different tones?

Thank you
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 05:30:51 pm by blacksanta62 »
2016:
Spesh | Methods CAS | Chem | Bio | Eng |

2018-2020:
BSc @ UoM

FallingStar

• Forum Obsessive
  • Be yourself and be your best self.
  • Respect: +19
« Reply #1321 on: August 17, 2016, 01:14:16 pm »
+1
Thank you
I'll have a look at the lecture slides
More questions:
1) I done the practice essay today and I didn't finish all my sections. What's weird is that I started with section c and didn't manage to finish it in an hour, and I didn't want to go over. I was trying to analyse the whole piece but couldn't finish in time. Are we expected to analyse the whole piece or just aspects we think are important espically the accompanying image. What parts of a piece/how much should I analyse (please, I'm not expecting the perfect response, just a rough guide and then I can practice and find what works for me :)) I finished section a and b however. My question is if I start doing practice exams (3 hour sessions, but not too much that it kills me) can I increase my speed? I really want my exams to be of good quality but not take forever to write.
2) What are the features of a well written essay in the exam? General stuff will do because I know they're not expecting perfection with the sentence structure etc.
3) In LA, when we analyse the authors use of language, will everyone have a different effect on the reader? Nothing too extreme though. Also, will people have slightly different tones?

Thank you

1) This is a good question, but some parts of the this questions has touched on my weakness in terms of doing English essays (timed writing), which I actually cannot answer as of yet. In terms of analysing the LA pieces, I don't think you are expected to analyse every single technique you can spot. You just pick the ones you think are important, or ones you can write the most on in terms of convincing the audience of the contention.
2) Check the examiner's criteria. Also see pages 35, 36 and 37 of the lecture slides which I had linked in my above post. A well written essay is one which actually adheres to these criteria, and you must make it obvious that you are adhering to these criteria.
3) Can you please clarify this question? I don't know what you mean.

blacksanta62

• Forum Leader
« Reply #1322 on: August 17, 2016, 05:56:33 pm »
1) This is a good question, but some parts of the this questions has touched on my weakness in terms of doing English essays (timed writing), which I actually cannot answer as of yet. In terms of analysing the LA pieces, I don't think you are expected to analyse every single technique you can spot. You just pick the ones you think are important, or ones you can write the most on in terms of convincing the audience of the contention.
That makes things so much more bearable :)
2) Check the examiner's criteria. Also see pages 35, 36 and 37 of the lecture slides which I had linked in my above post. A well written essay is one which actually adheres to these criteria, and you must make it obvious that you are adhering to these criteria.
Would you be able to link me to the criteria? Or is that just another way of referring to the examiners reports? Just need clarification
3) Can you please clarify this question? I don't know what you mean.
Of course,so when assessors are marking section c, will they see a variety of ideas on the tones employed by the author and slightly different explanations of the intended impact on the audience. My reasoning is that we will all take the article in a slightly different way but the contention will still be the same (obvs!). Hope my question is clearer  :)

And anyone who can comment on this: "if I start doing practice exams (3 hour sessions, but not too much that it kills me) can I increase my speed? I really want my exams to be of good quality but not take forever to write"

Thanks Star, abs fire!!
2016:

2018-2020:
BSc @ UoM

FallingStar

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #1323 on: August 17, 2016, 06:59:35 pm »
+2
Examination criteria from 2009. Still very relevant as the study design haven't changed.
Please note:
Assessors mark holistically, relating student performance to the published criteria and ranking students over the full range of marks available. Determination of the mark is assisted by descriptors of Expected Qualities for the Mark Range; these have been written to reflect the level of achievement expected at a particular mark or mark range.

This means that a weakness in one area may pull down your whole writing. Conversely, a strength in one area would pull up your whole writing. And visa versa. Just remember that although I did say that you do not have to analyse every single technique, you still have to analyse the techniques you have chosen well, in the "what?, How? Why?" format.

About your 3rd question, you have to get the contention right or else you get you whole LA wrong. But in terms of the different takes in technique, the examiners will use discretion here. (Don't know if I'm right, Lauren) As long as your explanation is reasonable and the examiners can see where you are coming from, then you should be fine. What they're looking at is if you can understand and analyse the effects of language upon the audience, and if you show that you can do that in the exam, then you should be fine.

literally lauren

• Administrator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Resident English/Lit Nerd
  • Respect: +1423
« Reply #1324 on: August 19, 2016, 10:22:26 am »
+4
1) I done the practice essay today and I didn't finish all my sections. What's weird is that I started with section c and didn't manage to finish it in an hour, and I didn't want to go over. I was trying to analyse the whole piece but couldn't finish in time. Are we expected to analyse the whole piece or just aspects we think are important espically the accompanying image. What parts of a piece/how much should I analyse (please, I'm not expecting the perfect response, just a rough guide and then I can practice and find what works for me :)) I finished section a and b however.
Okay, there are a whole bunch of sub-concerns here, so I'll try and break this down.

For starters, not finishing essays at this stage of the year is totally fine. You wouldn't expect to be able to sit a Maths or Science end-of-year exam in August and score as highly as possible, right? Of course not - you wouldn't have covered much of the Unit 4 content, and you probably would have been focusing more so on SACs than exam revision. Assuming you came close to finishing the L.A. piece (like - you'd written at least two and a half decent body paragraphs by the one hour mark) then you should be fine. Timing is only a huge concern at this stage of the year if it takes you a whole hour just to plan, write an intro, and do one body paragraph  :-\

But you did the right thing moving on to the other sections - a lot of students screw up in the exam by spending way too long on a single section (- I nearly did this for Text Response, and a lot of people in my year level did so for L.A.) to the detriment of their other two pieces.Keeping yourself to relatively strict one hour cut-offs for each section is a pretty good plan as it's better to have three essays that are really high quality, but missing the end of a body para or a conclusion, as opposed to two complete, polished essays and one mangled half essay. The assessors marking your work know nothing of how well you did in other sections, so there's no chance of things 'balancing out' just because one essay was brilliant and the other one was barely an essay.

With regards to whether you need to cover everything in Language Analysis... short answer: no.
Long answer: no, because they're testing your ability to be selective, and they don't actually want students to comment on EVERY SINGLE TECHNIQUE they find because that would get really tedious. More to the point - that's not the focus of the task! Your job is to comment on how language is used to persuade readers. Pointing out seven different rhetorical questions, nine examples of inclusive language and six instances of appeals to fear doesn't help you do that. You might analyse some of those things, but you have to contextualise them by linking them to what the author intends for readers to think or feel. VCAA are way more concerned with your capacity to demonstrate an understanding of arguments than how many bits of 'emotive language' you can point out.

Assessors do not have a list of features you must mention - there's no one particular quote or technique that must be mentioned - it's all up to you to select what you believe to be most important in the construction of the author's argument.

The only exception to ^that rule is that you do have to analyse the visual material at least once. Rumour has it that you can't score about a 7/10 without doing this, and whilst I don't know how stringent the assessors are about this, you're at a definite disadvantage if you don't even acknowledge or pick apart any of the images. (& if you really want to be sure, link the visual to the written material! <--That's usually something only high-range essays are able to do, so forging those connections can help bump up your mark in the assessor's mind, albeit only slightly... the quality of the rest of your analysis plays a bigger role, obvs.)

Simply put:
- Student A, who can only find 5 language features to comment on out of the whole material, has to analyse all 5, and is probably going to have a fairly weak essay lacking in breadth.
- Student B, who can find 25 language features and feels the need to comment on all of them, is probably going to have an essay that's choppy and unfocused with too much breadth and not enough quality analysis.
- Student C, who can also find 25 features but selects the 17 BEST and MOST RELEVANT ones to include and dissect, is going to have a much more precise, much more impressive piece.

(note: 17 should not be your ultimate goal, that was a very arbitrary choice for the sake of this example. In fact, you shouldn't really know how many language features you're commenting upon; it should be second nature to you over the course of your analysis. If you can very quickly tell how many techniques you're dealing with in each paragraph or over the course of your essay, it probably means your piece isn't as well integrated as it could be.)

So be like Student C and ensure you're whittling down the material to find the most essential and analysable components! The best way to do this is to practice annotating and planning essays - go through some exam material and highlight absolutely everything you think you COULD analyse. Then, go back through and isolate the stuff you think you SHOULD analyse.

My question is if I start doing practice exams (3 hour sessions, but not too much that it kills me) can I increase my speed? I really want my exams to be of good quality but not take forever to write.
That's a very valid concern; you don't want to focus so much on timing that you end up getting your average down to 55 minutes (yaay!) but the quality has dropped down into the D+ range ( :-\) Instead, try to gradually decrease your time! Let's say it takes you 90 minutes to write a good Text Response piece right now. The next one you write has to be done in 80. Then 75. Then 70. Then 65. You get the idea.

You may run into a hurdle at some point with a particular Area of Study (e.g. I could never manage to write a Context piece in under 65 minutes) which means you'll then have to work on strengthening your other essays even more (e.g. get L.A. under an hour to give you extra time to work on Context, or vice versa).

But it's way better to go for this gradual approach that ensures you maintain the same level of quality than to go 'alright, one essay in one hour, no notes, exam conditions, cold turkey, let's go!'

This is a bit tough to answer outside of just saying that a well-written essay is one that fulfils the criteria for each section, as FallingStar has already noted. If you're talking about what level of imperfection they're willing to accept (as in, how many ungrammatical sentences, word choice errors, spelling mistakes, etc.) then the answer is: so long as your mistakes don't impact the clarity of your work, you'll be fine. They're not going to instantly penalise you for every word you misspell - they're aware that your exam pieces are unpolished first drafts done under time constraints with unseen material - that's the point! But they do have to split the state somehow, and imposing time limits is often the easiest way for them to break apart those who can write decent essays from those who can do so quickly.

However, if your sentences are so wacky that they have no clue what you're trying to say, or if your handwriting is all over the place and they'd need a rosetta stone to decode it... you may not get the mark you're capable of. If some of these small things are worrying you, then it's worth spending some time fixing them sooner rather than later.

Not every tone/technique needs to be linked explicitly to the reader. It's good to do this often, but your focus is always on the author's intention, remember. That said, of course different students will comment on different tones, or use slightly different vocabulary in order to do so. Again, it's not like the assessors have a conclusive list of 'stuff you're allowed to talk about' or that if you don't say the tone is 'aggressive' and instead say it's 'hostile' or 'antagonistic,' they won't give you the credit. The way you actually analyse tone is far more important. There is some leeway with interpretation (à la 'if you can justify your answer, then it's right') but if you've radically misunderstood the argument or the tone, then you run the risk of assessors not recognising the underlying analysis skills you're demonstrating. Try to play it safe, and if identifying/analysing tone or linking it to the author/audience is something you're unsure of, then that'd be a good place to start with your revision :)

oooo

« Reply #1325 on: August 21, 2016, 06:47:17 pm »
For a prompt, can my contention be essentially the prompt but with one of the words changed. For example, if the prompt was Orwell suggests that fear destroys Winston. Discuss, can my contention be Orwell suggests that fear contributes to Winston's destruction.

avince

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #1326 on: August 22, 2016, 06:38:49 pm »
Hi,
Are there any practice essays/ resources (other than websites like sparknotes or shmoop) for the play Measure for Measure by William Shakespeare, this is for my text response sac two weeks from now

Thanks
Biology (41)

English I Chemistry I Further Mathematics I Health and Human Development I Geography I

FallingStar

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #1327 on: August 22, 2016, 08:21:05 pm »
Hi,
Are there any practice essays/ resources (other than websites like sparknotes or shmoop) for the play Measure for Measure by William Shakespeare, this is for my text response sac two weeks from now

Thanks

This: Text Response Resources

A full list of text response materials. Perhaps you have looked at this already. If so, try and find your own and look at buying commercial study guides.

HasibA

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #1328 on: August 22, 2016, 08:35:35 pm »
couple of q's this time:
1) do assessors really care about what type of evidence you use in a text response? i know its mainly quotes vs actual examples, but is there ever really a preference? not sure if i worded this correctly.
2) Are assessors looking to give marks, as opposed to dock marks? if so, how they determine what differentiates a 9 vs 10 :P
3) similar to 1st q- if you decided you like using actual examples in your TR essays, rather than integrating quotes- are you actually penalised? like if i have a 1 or 2 direct quotes but a lot of examples im drawing on and analysed, would they dock marks off for that? again, dont know if i worded it correctly :P
4) how do you deal with teacher feedback being vague and insufficient ? haha im trying to cater to my teachers style for sacs, but after writing an essay all i get is 'be more specfic about what you are arguing' or 'bit more coherence'. again, normally id sent it through atarnotes to check, but unfortunately my teachers style is a bit unique and hard to cater for.. and ive had convos with her to no avail :( (bit random, but any help would be appreciated)

thanks guys :)
Uni and life

blacksanta62

• Forum Leader
« Reply #1329 on: August 23, 2016, 05:24:13 pm »
Examination criteria from 2009. Still very relevant as the study design haven't changed.
Please note:
This means that a weakness in one area may pull down your whole writing. Conversely, a strength in one area would pull up your whole writing. And visa versa. Just remember that although I did say that you do not have to analyse every single technique, you still have to analyse the techniques you have chosen well, in the "what?, How? Why?" format.

About your 3rd question, you have to get the contention right or else you get you whole LA wrong. But in terms of the different takes in technique, the examiners will use discretion here. (Don't know if I'm right, Lauren) As long as your explanation is reasonable and the examiners can see where you are coming from, then you should be fine. What they're looking at is if you can understand and analyse the effects of language upon the audience, and if you show that you can do that in the exam, then you should be fine.
Sorry for the late reply and my extended absence (bar the slight posts) from AN.
Thanks for this star, really cleared things up for me :)
Okay, there are a whole bunch of sub-concerns here, so I'll try and break this down.

For starters, not finishing essays at this stage of the year is totally fine. You wouldn't expect to be able to sit a Maths or Science end-of-year exam in August and score as highly as possible, right? Of course not - you wouldn't have covered much of the Unit 4 content, and you probably would have been focusing more so on SACs than exam revision. Assuming you came close to finishing the L.A. piece (like - you'd written at least two and a half decent body paragraphs by the one hour mark) then you should be fine. Timing is only a huge concern at this stage of the year if it takes you a whole hour just to plan, write an intro, and do one body paragraph  :-\

But you did the right thing moving on to the other sections - a lot of students screw up in the exam by spending way too long on a single section (- I nearly did this for Text Response, and a lot of people in my year level did so for L.A.) to the detriment of their other two pieces.Keeping yourself to relatively strict one hour cut-offs for each section is a pretty good plan as it's better to have three essays that are really high quality, but missing the end of a body para or a conclusion, as opposed to two complete, polished essays and one mangled half essay. The assessors marking your work know nothing of how well you did in other sections, so there's no chance of things 'balancing out' just because one essay was brilliant and the other one was barely an essay.

With regards to whether you need to cover everything in Language Analysis... short answer: no.
Long answer: no, because they're testing your ability to be selective, and they don't actually want students to comment on EVERY SINGLE TECHNIQUE they find because that would get really tedious. More to the point - that's not the focus of the task! Your job is to comment on how language is used to persuade readers. Pointing out seven different rhetorical questions, nine examples of inclusive language and six instances of appeals to fear doesn't help you do that. You might analyse some of those things, but you have to contextualise them by linking them to what the author intends for readers to think or feel. VCAA are way more concerned with your capacity to demonstrate an understanding of arguments than how many bits of 'emotive language' you can point out.

Assessors do not have a list of features you must mention - there's no one particular quote or technique that must be mentioned - it's all up to you to select what you believe to be most important in the construction of the author's argument.

The only exception to ^that rule is that you do have to analyse the visual material at least once. Rumour has it that you can't score about a 7/10 without doing this, and whilst I don't know how stringent the assessors are about this, you're at a definite disadvantage if you don't even acknowledge or pick apart any of the images. (& if you really want to be sure, link the visual to the written material! <--That's usually something only high-range essays are able to do, so forging those connections can help bump up your mark in the assessor's mind, albeit only slightly... the quality of the rest of your analysis plays a bigger role, obvs.)

Simply put:
- Student A, who can only find 5 language features to comment on out of the whole material, has to analyse all 5, and is probably going to have a fairly weak essay lacking in breadth.
- Student B, who can find 25 language features and feels the need to comment on all of them, is probably going to have an essay that's choppy and unfocused with too much breadth and not enough quality analysis.
- Student C, who can also find 25 features but selects the 17 BEST and MOST RELEVANT ones to include and dissect, is going to have a much more precise, much more impressive piece.

(note: 17 should not be your ultimate goal, that was a very arbitrary choice for the sake of this example. In fact, you shouldn't really know how many language features you're commenting upon; it should be second nature to you over the course of your analysis. If you can very quickly tell how many techniques you're dealing with in each paragraph or over the course of your essay, it probably means your piece isn't as well integrated as it could be.)

So be like Student C and ensure you're whittling down the material to find the most essential and analysable components! The best way to do this is to practice annotating and planning essays - go through some exam material and highlight absolutely everything you think you COULD analyse. Then, go back through and isolate the stuff you think you SHOULD analyse.
That's a very valid concern; you don't want to focus so much on timing that you end up getting your average down to 55 minutes (yaay!) but the quality has dropped down into the D+ range ( :-\) Instead, try to gradually decrease your time! Let's say it takes you 90 minutes to write a good Text Response piece right now. The next one you write has to be done in 80. Then 75. Then 70. Then 65. You get the idea.

You may run into a hurdle at some point with a particular Area of Study (e.g. I could never manage to write a Context piece in under 65 minutes) which means you'll then have to work on strengthening your other essays even more (e.g. get L.A. under an hour to give you extra time to work on Context, or vice versa).

But it's way better to go for this gradual approach that ensures you maintain the same level of quality than to go 'alright, one essay in one hour, no notes, exam conditions, cold turkey, let's go!'
This is a bit tough to answer outside of just saying that a well-written essay is one that fulfils the criteria for each section, as FallingStar has already noted. If you're talking about what level of imperfection they're willing to accept (as in, how many ungrammatical sentences, word choice errors, spelling mistakes, etc.) then the answer is: so long as your mistakes don't impact the clarity of your work, you'll be fine. They're not going to instantly penalise you for every word you misspell - they're aware that your exam pieces are unpolished first drafts done under time constraints with unseen material - that's the point! But they do have to split the state somehow, and imposing time limits is often the easiest way for them to break apart those who can write decent essays from those who can do so quickly.

However, if your sentences are so wacky that they have no clue what you're trying to say, or if your handwriting is all over the place and they'd need a rosetta stone to decode it... you may not get the mark you're capable of. If some of these small things are worrying you, then it's worth spending some time fixing them sooner rather than later.
Not every tone/technique needs to be linked explicitly to the reader. It's good to do this often, but your focus is always on the author's intention, remember. That said, of course different students will comment on different tones, or use slightly different vocabulary in order to do so. Again, it's not like the assessors have a conclusive list of 'stuff you're allowed to talk about' or that if you don't say the tone is 'aggressive' and instead say it's 'hostile' or 'antagonistic,' they won't give you the credit. The way you actually analyse tone is far more important. There is some leeway with interpretation (à la 'if you can justify your answer, then it's right') but if you've radically misunderstood the argument or the tone, then you run the risk of assessors not recognising the underlying analysis skills you're demonstrating. Try to play it safe, and if identifying/analysing tone or linking it to the author/audience is something you're unsure of, then that'd be a good place to start with your revision :)

Lots of goodies in this and stars posts, I've given it a good read through and have taken it on board.
2016:

2018-2020:
BSc @ UoM

HopefulLawStudent

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +168
« Reply #1330 on: August 23, 2016, 06:07:09 pm »
+1
couple of q's this time:
1) do assessors really care about what type of evidence you use in a text response? i know its mainly quotes vs actual examples, but is there ever really a preference? not sure if i worded this correctly.
2) Are assessors looking to give marks, as opposed to dock marks? if so, how they determine what differentiates a 9 vs 10 :P
3) similar to 1st q- if you decided you like using actual examples in your TR essays, rather than integrating quotes- are you actually penalised? like if i have a 1 or 2 direct quotes but a lot of examples im drawing on and analysed, would they dock marks off for that? again, dont know if i worded it correctly :P
4) how do you deal with teacher feedback being vague and insufficient ? haha im trying to cater to my teachers style for sacs, but after writing an essay all i get is 'be more specfic about what you are arguing' or 'bit more coherence'. again, normally id sent it through atarnotes to check, but unfortunately my teachers style is a bit unique and hard to cater for.. and ive had convos with her to no avail :( (bit random, but any help would be appreciated)

thanks guys :)

1) From my understanding, assessors only care so far as does your evidence support your argument? If you go on a whole spiel about chocolate in your text response essay, it does matter how good that spiel is unless it's connected to your text and the topic you're writing on.

2) They're looking for the things you're doing right, not what you're doing wrong. They're not sitting there in their evil dens post October 26 cackling over every mistake a student makes. Even tho it's hard for us VCE kids to remember sometimes, assessors are by and large genuinely good people (if not a little overworked but then again what Year 12 teacher isn't come exam time?) and not evil masterminds; as such, they're trying to give you the highest mark they can but you gotta give them something to work with.

I may be wrong but I was told that English teachers mark hollistically. i.e. they read your entire essay and after a certain point, your essay *feels* like a certain mark and past that point everything you do should just confirm to them that your essay = this mark out of 10. So when they finish your essay, they go, that essay was an x out of 10, imma write down x out of 10 and move on.

4) After your SACs are over, all you have to worry about is your exam. So the English submissions board will defs be your new BFF cos there are a million hella crazy talented people hovering over there who will be able to give you in-depth and very useful feedback. Apart from that, try sitting down with her and asking her specific questions like...

"How could I have made it more specific?"
"How would you have done that?"
"What did you mean by this piece of feedback? Where in my piece was I not specific enough/incoherent/whatever?"
etc.

Gogo14

• Forum Obsessive
  • when life gives you lemons... takeum and shareum
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #1331 on: August 23, 2016, 10:09:39 pm »
Any debaters here? How would you run the argument of preserving human rights? (E.g. Detention centres infringe on the rights of asylum seekers).
2016: Bio[45]
2017: Eng[43];Chem[47];Methods[49];Spesh[46];Physics[44]
2018+: B-Biomed @unimelb

PM if want help/advice | VCE tutoring available too- just PM

FallingStar

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #1332 on: August 23, 2016, 10:37:29 pm »
Any debaters here? How would you run the argument of preserving human rights? (E.g. Detention centres infringe on the rights of asylum seekers).

Please post your specific debate topic and wether you are affirmative or negative. It is really difficult for us to come up with arguments without us knowing what you topic is.  :D

purplegiraffe

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Catholic College Bendigo
« Reply #1333 on: August 24, 2016, 12:25:36 pm »
I need help with writing a text response on This Boy's Life.
I was reading somewhere that when writing, I need to understand and point out that the characters of a text are constructed for the purpose of helping to present the authors idea/opinion.
However, in the case of This Boy's Life, the characters are real people (as the book is a memoir).

Also, any tips in distinguishing between Tobias the character and Tobias the author?

Thank you :D

HasibA

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #1334 on: August 24, 2016, 07:53:53 pm »
does anyone have a good list of techniques used in lang analysis? like rhetoric question, anaphora,etc. An extensive list would be great, but any would do (cant find in notes section)- thanks guys :)
Uni and life