Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 01:37:48 pm

Author Topic: How to Study for psychology on the holidays???  (Read 842 times)  Share 

khalopo29

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
How to Study for psychology on the holidays???
« on: August 16, 2011, 05:09:24 pm »
As a year 11 student moving onto year 12 soon. On the summer holidays the plan is too attempt to go ahead? For psych how can i possibly go ahead, apart from just reading the book?
Cause with psych most people i know start studying for the tests like 1 week before it is???

What do you's think?

Camo

• Sir President Father Professor Sergeant Admiral Grandmaster Camo OAM
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • I love you like the little taco's.
  • Respect: +62
  • School Grad Year: 2011
Re: How to Study for psychology on the holidays???
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 07:08:19 pm »
+2
Here's a quick guide to understand what you should do to prepare.

1.Understand the lobes of the brain and what each part is understood to do. (Frontal, Parietal, Occipital and Temporal). Do this in terms of the what area contains what primary and association areas. Also understand the difference between the left and right side of the brain.
2. Understand the basic structure of a research report.
3. Understand the difference between normal waking consciousness and altered states of consciousness as well as some examples of each and what the characteristics of consciousness are.
4. Read about the theories and purposes of sleep and what each stage of n-rem (1-4) and rem does.
5. Understand the nervous system.

This will allow you for a massive start, and then you can start memory while everyone is dealing with the first two chapters. I find it easier for me to work some chapters ahead writing light notes and then adding detail them later on to buid my understanding. If you have any other questions just contact. :)

‎"We divert our attention from disease and death as much as we can; and the slaughter-houses and indecencies without end on which our life is founded are huddled out of sight and never mentioned, so that the world we recognize officially in literature and in society is a poetic fiction far handsomer and cleaner and better than the world that really is."
- William James.

Zafaraaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +7
  • School Grad Year: 2011
Re: How to Study for psychology on the holidays???
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 10:11:08 pm »
+2
Go through research methods REALLLY WELL! Because it's something you'll have to know for both units and it's super important in terms of research methods questions in the exam and also for your ERA and research reports :)
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle" -Plato