Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 09:16:29 am

Author Topic: "Compare" Source analysis questions  (Read 2861 times)  Share 

joel121212

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
"Compare" Source analysis questions
« on: August 26, 2020, 04:56:35 pm »
Hey guys i am wondering what structure and what key points i should be targeting in a "compare" sources question. These are usually worth 12 marks and i am wondering what goes into getting all of these. I am aware of this being relatively new terminology compared to the old syllabus Modern.

Thank you so much to any responders

rirerire

• MOTM: OCT 20
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +13
Re: "Compare" Source analysis questions
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 02:35:16 pm »
To compare the sources you should first identify the key components of the sources, eg what type of source it is. You can approach it like any other "compare" question in that first analyse the separate components (+ differences) and then at the end go through similarities. You will need to address usually the value of the sources to a historian studying xyz. So make sure you address this throughout the answer, and a judgement on the value would be ideal (they can have different values but generally everything included in the HSC exam is of value, they very very rarely include a source with no value). If it is a 12 marker a short conclusion would be good- keep in mind you need to time manage throughout the exam though.
You can also of course address the usual "perspective, reliability, usefulness" aspects but remember that those are minor components of the overarching question.