Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 05:11:57 am

Author Topic: Quick Reminder: VTAC Applications  (Read 1544 times)  Share 

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Quick Reminder: VTAC Applications
« on: October 30, 2018, 06:58:35 pm »
+11
Hey VCE Class of 2018 (and any relevant people)!

So I know you all are pretty busy preparing for exams and such, but I just realised that the deadline for late VTAC applications are due 2nd November, which is fast approaching. (How to apply and dates here.) 
Here's your reminder: If you have yet to pay the VTAC fees, it's now $105 by 5pm 2nd November and will continue to increase to $137 if you don't get this in by that time. This is particularly important if you're intending to study in most VIC tertiary courses in February/ March 2019.
This includes:
- any VCE Class of 2018 trying to get into any courses next year
- any VCE Class of 2018 who intend to take a gap semester/ year in 2019 and start later on (e.g. 2020)
- any interstate people attempting to enter most VIC tertiary courses in 2019
- any international students attempting to enter most VIC tertiary courses in 2019
- any past VCE students applying for entry into most VIC tertiary courses and did not previously apply through VTAC for certain reasons
- some tertiary students trying for external transfer (i.e. between tertiary institutions) into a VIC tertiary course 

Please ignore this warning if you are using VTAC's services and have paid the VTAC costs previously or you're simply not applying through VTAC.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 07:04:36 pm by AngelWings »
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
Re: Quick Reminder: VTAC Applications
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 05:50:04 pm »
+3
If you are still yet to pay VTAC fees, it's now $137 until 5pm December 7th 2018. 

All VTAC dates and fees can be found here.
VTAC Info Thread

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 07:23:01 pm »
+2
If you are still yet to pay VTAC fees, it's now $137 until 5pm December 7th 2018. 

Bump.

There's merely a week left until you'll have to wait until early January for February round offers (which means you'll miss those coveted first round offers)! Get in while you still can. 
VTAC Info Thread

MissSmiley

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +84
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 09:52:03 am »
Hi guys,
Just wondering about the course application supporting documents.
This section is for Year 12s right? Would attaching academic documents be really useful or is it not necessary?
Just wanted to confirm if this section is for first time applicants? (i.e. Year 12s this year)

Thank you very much! :)

2017 : Further Maths [38]
2018 : English [45] ;English Language [43] ; Food Studies [47] ;French [33] ;Legal Studies [39]
VCE ATAR : 98.10
2019 - 2023 : Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Arts at Monash University

I'm selling a huge electronic copy of  VCE English essays and resources document (with essays that have teacher feedback and marks) for $10. Feel free to PM me for details!

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 10:33:51 am »
+2
Hi guys,
This section is for Year 12s right? Would attaching academic documents be really useful or is it not necessary?
Just wanted to confirm if this section is for first time applicants? (i.e. Year 12s this year)

Thank you very much! :)

I could be misremembering here, but I think supporting documents is to provide evidence for SEAS

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 10:34:42 am »
+3
I'm not aware of any course application supporting documents that Year 12 Class of 2018 students will have to provide, unless you're from interstate or overseas. The closest thing I can find regarding this is this link, but that just says you probably don't have to. You might need documents if you're talking SEAS or scholarships documents, but that was due a while back. Only other thing that technically isn't documentation per se is the VTAC personal statement, which you can do (and I sometimes suggest doing if you're super worried). It's only required in some courses, which IIRC can be found from a message in your VTAC account inbox and is due on December 7th at 5pm.

tl;dr: You probably don't need to provide any course documentation if you're a Year 12.   

Note: Beaten by Miniturtle.
VTAC Info Thread

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 05:04:18 pm »
+3

Bump.

There's merely a week left until you'll have to wait until early January for February round offers (which means you'll miss those coveted first round offers)! Get in while you still can. 
Officially closed. Hope all relevant people (see opening post) remembered to pay the fees!
VTAC Info Thread