Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 05, 2024, 03:06:59 pm

Author Topic: Visual Communication & Design Exam Thoughts  (Read 2336 times)  Share 

Juztine

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Visual Communication & Design Exam Thoughts
« on: November 13, 2007, 01:51:39 pm »
just came back from the VCD exam...anyone on here do it ? how did you guys find it ?
-justine

brendan

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 01:53:26 pm »
*tumbleweed*

Juztine

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 02:44:58 pm »
lol...guess not then -__-
-justine

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +100
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 04:08:28 pm »
My friend did the exam today. She was aiming for a 50 because she thinks that she'll go really badly in all her other subjects. If she doesn't get an ENTER score higher than her brothers (who got 73) she has to buy me a muffin.

I helped her study! I know that newsprint is 52gsm though it can be thicker. And I know that angles under 30 degrees are isometric.

cara.mel

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 05:22:03 pm »
My mum said some kid's phone rang in VCD today during writing time at her school. xD I asked if it was before/after 30mins and she didn't know.

And VCAA are going to hang onto their phone for about a month, and the kid has to get off their phone company a record of all calls to/from the phone etc. They're effed.

Yeah so umm, that's my exam thoughs, enjoy.

principe

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 05:27:06 pm »
According to my friend who did the exam, it was a pretty short one compared to previous years. People finished early and had time to look over their work. Also I heard about one question worth 26 marks! Which is pretty much 1/3 of the whole paper. That's all I heard. I did it last year so it's over for me  :D

Juztine

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 07:20:17 pm »
omg her phone rang??? yikes =S

lol yeah, one question was indeed worth 26 marks. i think its cause they combined 2 things together. 13 marks was drawing a 2 point perspective of a bird stand thing from an orthorgonal plan, and then another 13 was rendering it to make it look like metal/wood/plastic lol

yeah it was short, but i still only finished everythign JUST on time...

i think last years exam was worth 101 marks or something, this one was only worth 89 haha
-justine

kido_1

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 06:50:12 pm »
Quote from: "cara.mel"
My mum said some kid's phone rang in VCD today during writing time at her school. xD I asked if it was before/after 30mins and she didn't know.

And VCAA are going to hang onto their phone for about a month, and the kid has to get off their phone company a record of all calls to/from the phone etc. They're effed.

Yeah so umm, that's my exam thoughs, enjoy.

Thats why at my school,we literally get pickpocketed to check if we bring in phones to class.
oping for an ENTER of 99+