Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 07:29:25 pm

Author Topic: Maths is beautiful  (Read 886 times)  Share 

JR_StudyEd

• MOTM: MAY 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Mental health is #1
  • Respect: +171
Maths is beautiful
« on: April 06, 2019, 10:27:43 pm »
+2
Hi AN! I can't believe there's never been a thread like this made before! (I don't know if you'll like the idea though...kinda sad that someone like me had to take the initiative, but anyway...)

I'm not going to sugarcoat it; sometimes Maths (regardless of which ones you take) can be a mix of painful and tedious. We've all experienced it somewhere along the journey (some multiple times...*cough*pretty much every Methods lesson*cough*). I'm far from a maths buff, but I do have the desire to improve and learn more about it everyday. So having said that, the purpose of this thread is to spread positivity about the wonderful subject of Mathematics. Hopefully the more math-oriented types on the forums can get onboard and spread the good news about why Maths is just so darn attractive!  ;D

Give me a reason to do Maths.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 12:02:58 pm by JR_StudyEd »
Listens to K-Pop (Twice, Red Velvet, MAMAMOO) and Christmas music all year round.

Jimmmy

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +154
Re: Maths appreciation thread
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 10:39:47 pm »
+4
When I'm in the middle of attempting to analyse a philosophy reading, I really miss my beautifully objective methods homework.  :-*
2018 - 2019 (VCE): English Language, Maths Methods, Legal Studies, Global Politics, Business Management (2018), Philosophy
2020 - 2024: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash University

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: Maths appreciation thread
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 07:54:36 am »
+3
Maths has a strong focus on understanding rather than memorising

Eucalypt

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +8
Re: Maths is beautiful
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 06:30:18 pm »
+4
Did you know that in the same way that a 3D cube has a 2D shadow, a 4D cube has a 3D shadow, and this can help us visualise and understand aspects like how many edges a 4D cube (hypercube or tesseract) has. How cool is maths?!